Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sit Down and Shut Up, You <insert strong language here>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Maybe I would say something if anybody tried doing it in this thread. Nobody has, dumbass.

"Maybe"???

You don't actually care. Here you attack conservatives of doing bad bad thing in other thread, but when it's pointed out that libs do same thing all the time, suddenly 'mebbe I would say something, but sadly they no post that in this thread'.

Meanwhile still waiting for response from you here, libtard!!!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
      The problem is that we're talking about white supremacists. The difference of opinion is whether America should become a Nazi state. One side is very clearly wrong. Nothing we've seen on the liberal extremist side comes close. A white supremacist isn't going to hear out the facts about race and maybe change their opinion. Their ideas don't come from a place of logic. They live in social and media bubbles where they can satiate their hate without ever having to seriously confront an opposing voice. They've labeled everyone they disagree with as extremists they don't have to listen to. I want you to imagine that your message (edited appropriately) was published in a newspaper during the aftermath of WWI Germany. Do you think this is the right message to be sending to the Jewish people growing concerned over the rhetoric of the time? It's even worse now, since we've already seen the end goal of unabated white supremacy.
      You're wrong. Shut up.

Okay, stop a sec - think about your immediate reaction. Did it make you angry? More determined? More likely to fight?

We're talking about people. People I vehemently disagree with but people none the less. Quashing speech we don't like has repercussions we may not be ready to deal with.

As for your analogy, it fails pretty incredibly miserably - do you have any idea what was actually being published in Germany after the war? The German government's crack down on all things Nazi came somewhat later - and antisemitism didn't evaporate. But honestly, the Germans quickly had a lot else to worry about and were past war weary - that had a lot to do with how Germany turned out after the war.

And the Jews, I don't think they really wanted any more pretty lies - they already knew where they stood, which was why they were continuing to leave after liberation.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Leo covered it. I interpreted it as a promise. He did say he would spend no time on the golf course. But if it makes you feel better, no, he didn't use the word "promise".

Any response to me calling you on hypocrisy when you accused me of mocking the disabled while yourself calling people " libtard"?
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Leo covered it.
          Nice excuse, 'other people covered it!!!' so why admit to anything, you and precious precious 'intellectual honesty' of yours.

I interpreted it as a promise. He did say he would spend no time on the golf course.
          Where??

Also in this thread you can call out conservatives in other thread about that speculation, but not those by progs about terrorism

Any response to me calling you on hypocrisy when you accused me of mocking the disabled while yourself calling people " libtard"?
          I didn't accuse you of mocking disabled, so decided to be merciful, not respond to you when you raged about being exposed as 'fine with rape'.
          Last edited by demi-conservative; 08-13-2017, 07:09 PM.
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            You really have got to work on your reading comprehension. Or your ability to tell one person from another, not sure which.

Incidentally, your tossing people out of threads, screaming them down, name calling and utter refusal to actually discuss anything is the same problem with a different face.
            He's basically an internet bot that repeats the same garbage over and over again, and has zero personality outside of his trolling.

You might as well talk to a parakeet that knows nothing but insults.

Comment

My mistake, I read this post as accusing me of mocking the disabled. But to be fair, your English is so incoherent that I can't figure out what you're saying half the time.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...light=disabled
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                He's basically an internet bot that repeats the same garbage over and over again, and has zero personality outside of his trolling.

So are you.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                  The problem is that we're talking about white supremacists. The difference of opinion is whether America should become a Nazi state. One side is very clearly wrong. Nothing we've seen on the liberal extremist side comes close. A white supremacist isn't going to hear out the facts about race and maybe change their opinion. Their ideas don't come from a place of logic. They live in social and media bubbles where they can satiate their hate without ever having to seriously confront an opposing voice. They've labeled everyone they disagree with as extremists they don't have to listen to. I want you to imagine that your message (edited appropriately) was published in a newspaper during the aftermath of WWI Germany. Do you think this is the right message to be sending to the Jewish people growing concerned over the rhetoric of the time? It's even worse now, since we've already seen the end goal of unabated white supremacy.
                  lol it's impossible for them to live in social and media bubbles. liberalism is omnipresent. the only people who live in social and media bubbles are liberals because while you can force your opinioins down everyone's throats, it's almost impossible for any other ideology to do the same to you.

btw, there is a communist caucus in congress. Leftist murderous ideologies are pretty much given free reign. Being a leftist terrorist like bill ayers is not a barrier to becoming very successful in progressive dominated fields like academia. It makes absolutely no sense to worry about what neonazis will do to jewish people in a fantasy world where they become the dominant ideology (they're not even liked by most of the right) when the average Jew has far more political power than the average neonazi and when your own murderous death cult and its spin-offs control all academia, all media and most of the government.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

This touches on one thing I've noticed - the conflation of support for the right to march and support for the march's message itself. It seems some on the left have intentionally tried to blur those lines. Ideally I would take it for granted that their right to march is self evidence and leave it there.
                    If it's self evident then why is the entire media providing cover for antifa actions? If cameras weren't omnipresent and I couldn't go on twitter or youtube to see what they do I would never know anything about what is actually happening. It's pretty clear to me that their right to march is not self evident to an increasingly larger segment of the population, including those in power. Even many mainstream conservative sites provide cover for the left on this because they're butthurt about Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      So are you.
                      Looks like I struck a nerve referring to you as a fascist.

Truth hurts, eh?

Comment

Looks like I struck a nerve referring to you as a fascist.

Truth hurts, eh?
                        No, I'm a huge fan of Franco. I just found your post hysterically funny in light of the utter lack of self awareness.

Comment

If it's self evident then why is the entire media providing cover for antifa actions? If cameras weren't omnipresent and I couldn't go on twitter or youtube to see what they do I would never know anything about what is actually happening. It's pretty clear to me that their right to march is not self evident to an increasingly larger segment of the population, including those in power. Even many mainstream conservative sites provide cover for the left on this because they're butthurt about Trump.
                          That is why I said ideally. A few years ago I would have taken for granted that the case where the ACLU got involved in Skokie served as a suitable legal precedent. That began to erode as laws targeting WBC got passed in most states. Now here we are.

Comment

No, I'm a huge fan of Franco.
                            So you admit that you're a fascist?

Comment

So you admit that you're a fascist?
                              No, I just don't think all types of fascism are inherently evil. It's like calling me a doctor. I'm not one but ok.

Comment

No, I just don't think all types of fascism are inherently evil. It's like calling me a doctor. I'm not one but ok.

Holy crap.

Comment