Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sit Down and Shut Up, You <insert strong language here>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Not fair wasn't what I stated - not ME. I'm not a progressive - never have been. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't know one if you did meet one.
    It's not just progs that yell 'racist', also "sexist".

I haven't called you anything - I have pointed out that you play the same game you condemned.

Now I'm pointing out that you do so without the slightest clue.
    My '''''''game'''''' is not "sit down and shut up" but "you're big idiot".
    Last edited by demi-conservative; 08-13-2017, 05:55 PM.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      It wasn't just speculation, his license plate number was traced to an ultraliberal. It turned out to be wrong, but I wouldn't have posted it without evidence.

The violence can be blamed on the left regardless because while the left can protest whatever they want unmolested it's almost impossible for a right winger or even a moderate conservative like ben shapiro or charles murray to hold a speech without violent leftist mobs showing up. And I see nothing but silence from you on that subject.
      I have noticed this, it's part of a greater trend away from general liberal principles. (Which I can't really decry on moral grounds as I don't think the Bible provides much support for unlimited freedom of speech, but I can decry on practical political grounds.) I have begun to disassociate with most, if not all, of the mainstream left in recent months.

However, I don't know why this analogy keeps coming up in the last few days as the parallel would seem to place the Neo-Nazis firmly within the camp of the right, which I would think most would want to disassociate altogether.

Incidentally, my point of bringing up the guy with the license plates ran is that nobody seems to say anything when their initial talking points are discredited which suggests to me that intellectual honesty is not the goal.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
        It's not just progs that yell 'racist', also "sexist".

My '''''''game'''''' is not "sit down and shut up" but "you're big idiot".
        Translation: Still no clue who I'm talking to and losing track of what I'm talking about...
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Boomers were themselves a very violent generation in their youth, much more violent than now (nobody is setting up hundreds of bombs a year, yet)...Nevermind that violence is the norm throughout history. If anything, the peace we've enjoyed so far is an anomaly created by the production of nuclear weapons. But nuclear weapons won't act as much of a deterrent against civil war.
          Good point!! Basically what we've seen is nothing, but so many people already freaking out

Millenials in particular have a good bit of crazy in them (and I am one so you know I'm speaking from experience).
          When you finally get arrested find some way to please upload mugshot!!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Incidentally, my point of bringing up the guy with the license plates ran is that nobody seems to say anything when their initial talking points are discredited which suggests to me that intellectual honesty is not the goal.
            Okay, dialogue mode on:

Some people like to suggest that 'that terrorist attack is maybe not by Islamic terrorist, don't rush to judge!!!', then they don't say anything when that fails. So conclusion can only be that no one cares.

Many such cases!!

Comment

I have noticed this, it's part of a greater trend away from general liberal principles. (Which I can't really decry on moral grounds as I don't think the Bible provides much support for unlimited freedom of speech, but I can decry on practical political grounds.) I have begun to disassociate with most, if not all, of the mainstream left in recent months.

However, I don't know why this analogy keeps coming up in the last few days as the parallel would seem to place the Neo-Nazis firmly within the camp of the right, which I would think most would want to disassociate altogether.

Um, what? Nazism stems from fascism - very much a leftist ideology. Not sure where neo-nazis should fall - if they are primarily rehashing nazism, it would be leftist. If, as I suspect, they are clothing their segregationist ideology in the nazi flag without much ideological connection, they may well fall to the extreme right. But I wouldn't call either camps - merely part of the political spectra.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

There's no reason for me to dissassociate from support for free assembly and free speech. And neonazis ARE within the camp of the right (which is hardly a unified camp to begin with). Left and right are very broad designations, often including multiple warring factions under the same umbrella.

What exactly is there to be said? I never offered it as a certainty, just as a possibility, and one that had actual evidence behind it. I'm not even sure what intellectual honesty has to do with it since I'm not still claiming it was a left winger.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Okay, dialogue mode on:

Some people like to suggest that 'that terrorist attack is maybe not by Islamic terrorist, don't rush to judge!!!', then they don't say anything when that fails.
                  It's definitely a naive statement since 95% of the time that appears to be the exact case.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Um, what? Nazism stems from fascism - very much a leftist ideology. Not sure where neo-nazis should fall - if they are primarily rehashing nazism, it would be leftist. If, as I suspect, they are clothing their segregationist ideology in the nazi flag without much ideological connection, they may well fall to the extreme right. But I wouldn't call either camps - merely part of the political spectra.
                    Given that there was a good amount of "Heil Trump" chanting at the rally, that should offer a clue as to where they would self-identify (DE also has it covered in the post below yours).

Comment

There's no reason for me to dissassociate from support for free assembly and free speech. And neonazis ARE within the camp of the right (which is hardly a unified camp to begin with). Left and right are very broad designations, often including multiple warring factions under the same umbrella.
                      This touches on one thing I've noticed - the conflation of support for the right to march and support for the march's message itself. It seems some on the left have intentionally tried to blur those lines. Ideally I would take it for granted that their right to march is self evidence and leave it there.

Comment

Given that there was a good amount of "Heil Trump" chanting at the rally, that should offer a clue as to where they would self-identify (DE also has it covered in the post below yours).
                        Yeah, I saw.

Identification isn't so much at issue when determining political spectrum as ideology.

The problem is that we treat the spectrum as if it were a football stadium...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

It's definitely a naive statement since 95% of the time that appears to be the exact case.
                          Of course. But why don't you go after many such cases of them, about precious precious ''intellectual honesty''?

Comment

Situation is ripe for false-flag, people can fake being in one side or other to discredit it! Heck, what, more than half of people in last Bundy standoff, that some people so scared off , were fed agents.

Or like how rapists had field day in Occupy movements, big discredit!!
                            Last edited by demi-conservative; 08-13-2017, 06:23 PM.

Comment

The problem is that we're talking about white supremacists. The difference of opinion is whether America should become a Nazi state. One side is very clearly wrong. Nothing we've seen on the liberal extremist side comes close. A white supremacist isn't going to hear out the facts about race and maybe change their opinion. Their ideas don't come from a place of logic. They live in social and media bubbles where they can satiate their hate without ever having to seriously confront an opposing voice. They've labeled everyone they disagree with as extremists they don't have to listen to. I want you to imagine that your message (edited appropriately) was published in a newspaper during the aftermath of WWI Germany. Do you think this is the right message to be sending to the Jewish people growing concerned over the rhetoric of the time? It's even worse now, since we've already seen the end goal of unabated white supremacy.

Comment

Of course. But why don't you go after many such cases of them, about precious precious ''intellectual honesty''?
                                Maybe I would say something if anybody tried doing it in this thread. Nobody has, dumbass.

Comment