Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WOW - KJP thought she could take victory lap over student debt transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW - KJP thought she could take victory lap over student debt transfer

KJP Thought She Could Take a Victory Lap Over Student Debt 'Relief' at Today's Briefing. She Was Wrong

I think my favorite part is where she tries to convince the reporters that it's good to give money to students because "it gives them an opportunity to tell their story".

kjp.jpg

White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre may have thought she could get away with a victory lap for President Biden on Wednesday when she heralded the latest illegal student loan "cancellation" attempt by the Biden administration — a transparent ploy to win the support of young voters ahead of November's election — but her attempts to justify the massive reallocation of debt from those who willfully took out loans to American taxpayers did not go over well.

No matter how you slice it, President Biden's unconstitutional student loan reallocation is fundamentally unfair — and rather ironically flies in the face of Democrats' obsession with equity. On this point, Jean-Pierre was asked why Americans who didn't have $35,000 in student debt shifted to hardworking taxpayers don't also deserve a check for $35,000 to use as they see fit.

Jean-Pierre's answer was more of a mess than usual. Never mind, apparently, that most Americans are already being crushed through no fault of their own by the painful consequences of Bidenomics.

The unsatisfactory answer from Biden's chief spokeswoman was paired with an equally significant failure to explain what the president's message was to the Americans who didn't go to college or otherwise avoided taking on tens of thousands of dollars in debt.

This is a massive transfer of wealth.

Here is my Student Debt Policy ---- you borrowed money - pay it back!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

It isn't debt cancellation but debt transference.

Those who couldn't afford to go to college or send their children, along with those who paid off their own debt, are now being burdened with it. So in old Joe's America someone with an advanced degree who might be drawing a six figure salary rather early on in their career is having their bills sloughed off onto an auto mechanic and waitress for them to pay.

LGB!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

It isn't debt cancellation but debt transference.

Those who couldn't afford to go to college or send their children, along with those who paid off their own debt, are now being burdened with it. So in old Joe's America someone with an advanced degree who might be drawing a six figure salary rather early on in their career is having their bills sloughed off onto an auto mechanic and waitress for them to pay.

LGB!
      Absolutely - and many did NOT go to college because they knew they could not afford it - for themselves or their kids.

It's a real kick-in-the-teeth, however, to those of us who actually worked our way through college and managed to pay off whatever debt we acquired in a timely fashion.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Absolutely - and many did NOT go to college because they knew they could not afford it - for themselves or their kids.

It's a real kick-in-the-teeth, however, to those of us who actually worked our way through college and managed to pay off whatever debt we acquired in a timely fashion.
        TBf, tuitions have gone through the roof since we went to college. That started right after Uncle Sam took over the student loans and the schools realized that they could rake in millions now and immediately started raising tuition costs

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

TBf, tuitions have gone through the roof since we went to college. That started right after Uncle Sam took over the student loans and the schools realized that they could rake in millions now and immediately started raising tuition costs
          Laughing... yeah, the Community College where I took some of my Police Training --- the tuition was $14/semester hour for residents, and $18/semester hour for non-residents.
          I look back and kick myself for not taking FAR more of my courses there.

Comment

Laughing... yeah, the Community College where I took some of my Police Training --- the tuition was $14/semester hour for residents, and $18/semester hour for non-residents.
            I look back and kick myself for not taking FAR more of my courses there.
            Yup.

If they want to forgive the student loans, then make the colleges forgive them. Not use taxpayer funds to pay off the loans. Take the money back from the colleges that screwed them over in the first place with too high tuitions and over-promising job opportunities that never came true. Make them guarantee their degrees. If you don't get a well paying job where you can afford to repay your loans, then you get a refund from the college. Leave the taxpayers out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yup.

If they want to forgive the student loans, then make the colleges forgive them. Not use taxpayer funds to pay off the loans. Take the money back from the colleges that screwed them over in the first place with too high tuitions and over-promising job opportunities that never came true. Make them guarantee their degrees. If you don't get a well paying job where you can afford to repay your loans, then you get a refund from the college. Leave the taxpayers out of it.
              C'monman! How is the left ever supposed to show how generous and compassionate they are if they can't take money from people in order to prove it? No lie.

Comment

C'monman! How is the left ever supposed to show how generous and compassionate they are if they can't take money from people in order to prove it? No lie.
                Biden's refrain seems to be "Pay your fair share" to the rich. Well the colleges are run by rich people who were the recipients of those student loans and they are the ones charging too much for tuition, and they are the ones handing out useless degrees in "women's studies" and in fields that are over populated and not hiring, leaving their graduates struggling working at Walmart and Starbucks trying to make a living. So they should be the ones to "Pay their fair share" and refund those useless degrees and pay back the loans.

Comment

She says Joe wants to help "folks who are in debt who are LITERALLY being crushed."

Okay. So what about all the people with home, auto, and credit card debt, the latter of which is at record levels right now, or those who don't have debt but are struggling to put food on the table because of high inflation? Aren't they also "LITERALLY being crushed" by Joe's policies? Where's their government relief?

(Note to our resident liberals: No, I'm not asking nor do I want the government to bail people out economically. If you borrowed money, then it is wholly your responsibility to pay it back. I'm just pointing out how absurd and contradictory the concept of "student loan forgiveness" really is.)
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Biden's refrain seems to be "Pay your fair share" to the rich. Well the colleges are run by rich people who were the recipients of those student loans and they are the ones charging too much for tuition, and they are the ones handing out useless degrees in "women's studies" and in fields that are over populated and not hiring, leaving their graduates struggling working at Walmart and Starbucks trying to make a living. So they should be the ones to "Pay their fair share" and refund those useless degrees and pay back the loans.
                    It's like Obama once said: "Now is the time for all Americans to dig deep into their pockets and give generously to those in need. You go first!"

(Okay, Obama didn't really say that. It was a parody I heard on Rush Limbaugh's show, what he used to describe as "illustrating truth through absurdity".)

Comment

Yup.

buy your vote.gif

Comment

Then he should be trying to buy the Republican's votes. He already supposedly has the liberals.

Where's MY bribe?!

Comment

Then he should be trying to buy the Republican's votes. He already supposedly has the liberals.

Where's MY bribe?!
                          Gasoline...

Biden Releases 1M+ Barrels of Gas from Reserve to Lower Prices in Brazen Election Bid.

The Biden government announced Tuesday the release of 1 million barrels of gasoline from a Northeast Reserve established a decade ago following Superstorm Sandy. The action aims to reduce gas prices for the summer driving season, as inflation and an overall poor economy continue to hurt Americans’ wallets — and Biden’s poll numbers.

The sale will be managed from storage locations in New Jersey and Maine and allocated in 100,000-barrel increments. The Department of Energy stated that this competitive bidding process would enable gasoline to flow to local retailers ahead of the July 4 holiday, ensuring competitive prices.

Comment

Where's MY bribe?!
                            Sorry, the Democrats don't care about those of us who are debt free and self-sufficient. They only need us to pay for the votes they want to buy.

Comment

Gasoline...

Biden Releases 1M+ Barrels of Gas from Reserve to Lower Prices in Brazen Election Bid.

The Biden government announced Tuesday the release of 1 million barrels of gasoline from a Northeast Reserve established a decade ago following Superstorm Sandy. The action aims to reduce gas prices for the summer driving season, as inflation and an overall poor economy continue to hurt Americans’ wallets — and Biden’s poll numbers.

The sale will be managed from storage locations in New Jersey and Maine and allocated in 100,000-barrel increments. The Department of Energy stated that this competitive bidding process would enable gasoline to flow to local retailers ahead of the July 4 holiday, ensuring competitive prices.
                              I want a more personal bribe. I work from home so I don't use that much gasoline right now.

Maybe he can pay off my mortgage for me.

Comment