Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden and Trump agree to debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam View Post

How embarrassing.

-Sam
    It is embarrassing. It's embarrassing you'd think Trump would be dumb enough to put the word "Reich" in a public ad. Why would he do that, unless you assume he just didn't want to get elected? It's not like he's trying to attract any undecided independents doing this.

Comment

Trump almost always has a teleprompter (and always has, his hypocritical jabs aside). Sometimes it doesn't work.

Source: Trump appears to freeze for 30 seconds on stage during NRA speech. Oliver O'Connell. The Independent. 2024.05.20

Donald Trump appeared to freeze for more than 30 seconds during a speech at the National Rifle Association’s annual meeting in Dallas, Texas.

The former president — who kept the crowd waiting for more than two hours from the scheduled time of his speech on Saturday — was praising the state of Texas before he suddenly fell silent at the lectern.

© Copyright Original Source

-Sam
      I saw him a couple months back in front of some organization of African-Americans where he had a teleprompter and went out. He hesitated a moment or two, I'd assume waiting to see if it would resume, been then started winging it. And by that, I mean, totally unscripted, unless you think he had a pretty descent imitation[1] of old Joe lost and wandering around on stage in the script.

When he walks over and starts talking with the MSM, there aren't teleprompters, and he's been known to banter with the press for quite some time taking questions. Of course, that's been curtailed a bit by gag orders put in place against him.

Now, I think it is completely fair to say that OMB isn't as sharp as he was in 2016. He's slowed down a step or two. But, again, if we're being fair, old Joe has slowed down a whole lot more than a mere step or two during the same time. Further, a fair question is how much does a dual schedule of having to be in court then leave to campaign come into play with Trump's slowing down, and when it's over will any negative effects also be over?

1 for a comedian, it would be adequate, but for a "Trump imitation" it was a good deal better than many. The crowd seemed to appreciate it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Howard Stern managed to keep him on track. The brief moments Stern shuts his trap and isn't lavishing him with praise and guiding him through each answer, Biden, though struggling at times, is doing pretty well. He won't have a friendly surrogate holding him by the hand and guiding him that way through an adversarial debate.
        That's pretty much what I mean about old Joe doing okay in situations where he can just reminisce and freely make up B.S. stories about his phantasy exploits -- such as claiming that he was arrested as a teenager in Delaware protesting for Civil Rights; he was "runner-up in state scoring" in football during his high school years; and women kept sending him "salacious photos" after he lost his wife, but he turned the photos over to his secret service detail (over 30 years before he ever had one).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It is embarrassing. It's embarrassing you'd think Trump would be dumb enough to put the word "Reich" in a public ad. Why would he do that, unless you assume he just didn't want to get elected? It's not like he's trying to attract any undecided independents doing this.
          The simple explanation is that Trump, being what he his, reposted some fanboy wannabe comms-operative's mock ad, which likely utilized some royalty-free off-the-shelf newspaper background and neither bothered to read the legible print under the superimposed text.

A sight more plausible than leftist sabotage!

175508.jpg

-Sam
          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

The simple explanation is that Trump, being what he his, reposted some fanboy wannabe comms-operative's mock ad, which likely utilized some royalty-free off-the-shelf newspaper background and neither bothered to read the legible print under the superimposed text.

175508.jpg

-Sam

Anything's possible, but I find a bit less plausible to believe a democrat was capable of spotting something like that in an ad flashed on the screen in a split second (though granted they do seem strangely preoccupied with all things nazism), yet Trump's team was incapable of spotting it in the editing room.

Comment

Like I said in the beginning, I'll believe it when I see it. There are a variety of potential scenarios that can play out that can change the whole dynamic of the situation.
              Whatever happens I know it will be entertaining!

Comment

Anything's possible, but I find a bit less plausible to believe a democrat was capable of spotting something like that in an ad flashed on the screen in a split second (though granted they do seem strangely preoccupied with all things nazism), yet Trump's team was incapable of spotting it in the editing room.
                I guess what threw was leftists like Sam were making a big deal out of it and what that has to do with the debate. But I realized only after I just read the AP article, it wasn't an official campaign ad.

Comment

175508.jpg

-Sam
                  Sam you old hypocrite.

I guess memes are just fine if you like them, amirite?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Whatever happens I know it will be entertaining!
                    This might be the first debate I'll watch live in a couple of decades.

Comment

• Given the debate will be on CNN it's probably fair to ask, when will we learn that they slipped old Joe the questions in advance like they did with Hillary Clinton when she debated Bernie?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Given the debate will be on CNN it's probably fair to ask, when will we learn that they slipped old Joe the questions in advance like they did with Hillary Clinton when she debated Bernie?
                        I think it should be a cage fight.

Comment

Sam you old hypocrite.

I guess memes are just fine if you like them, amirite?
                          Simply for reasons of self-preservation, the alcoholic should not invite comparison with the person who enjoys the occasional glass of wine.

-Sam
                          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I think it should be a cage fight.
                            With metal folding chairs!

Comment

Simply for reasons of self-preservation, the alcoholic should not invite comparison with the person who enjoys the occasional glass of wine.

-Sam
                              The hypocrite shouldn't roundly condemn something while indulging in it himself. Just sayin.

Comment

The hypocrite shouldn't condemn something while indulging in it. Just sayin.
                                You have only ever been criticized for indulging to excess in your self-described daily meme trawling. Too many memes, you've been told a number of times.

-Sam

Comment