Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden and Trump agree to debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden and Trump agree to debate

I'll believe it when I see it...

CNN announces moderators for Biden-Trump presidential debate

If they let Biden debate live on national TV, that will be the end of him. Though I do find it kind of interesting they're supposedly doing a debate before the convention.

As he's obviously reading a script, I counted about 5 edits in a span of 12 seconds...

If that was some sort of intentional artistic effect, I don't think you want to give the wrong impression in a 12 second clip with Biden speaking.

Comment

Maybe they will do a "remote" debate so they can replace Biden with Biden Headroom, powered by ChatGPT.

Last edited by Sparko; 05-16-2024, 07:06 AM.

Comment

They'll need to pump Biden full of his brain meds to keep him focused and not wander off the stage. And even then, CNN will probably bring in Chris Wallace when the geezer starts to falter.

Comment

He looks like a very weak individual trying too hard to project strength and confidence.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            As he's obviously reading a script, I counted about 5 edits in a span of 12 seconds...

If that was some sort of intentional artistic effect, I don't think you want to give the wrong impression in a 12 second clip with Biden speaking.
            I counted six scenes spliced together. Imagine how many times they had him say it and then picked out the coherent parts from them and patched it together. Joe can only remain focused for any length of time when he's angry, which isn't a good look through an entire debate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I counted six scenes spliced together. Imagine how many times they had him say it and then picked out the coherent parts from them and patched it together. Joe can only remain focused for any length of time when he's angry, which isn't a good look through an entire debate.
              I keep thinking this is a setup --- his handlers realize he's a lost cause, and his horrible debate performance will allow them to dump him.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I keep thinking this is a setup --- his handlers realize he's a lost cause, and his horrible debate performance will allow them to dump him.
                I can't help but think that would have to be one of the worst ways possible to handle it. Better to announce some sort of bogus health concern and have him step aside.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I can't help but think that would have to be one of the worst ways possible to handle it. Better to announce some sort of bogus health concern and have him step aside.
                  Dr. Jill would have to play along.

Comment

That would explain the early June date. It would give them time to bring in the second string.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      I'll believe it when I see it...

CNN announces moderators for Biden-Trump presidential debate

If they let Biden debate live on national TV, that will be the end of him. Though I do find it kind of interesting they're supposedly doing a debate before the convention.
                      No audience, strictly enforced time limits, and microphones cut off when time has expired. Basically, doing all they can to give Joe an advantage since he does best in a tightly controlled environment. Of course it's not going to be a debate between Trump and Joe but between Trump and the moderators with Joe just standing there waiting for his turn.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

That would explain the early June date. It would give them time to bring in the second string.
                        That's what I'm thinking.

Comment

Dr. Jill would have to play along.
                          That could be a problem.

As presidential historian Douglas Brinkley made clear on Face the Nation a couple months ago, "Dr." Jill is the driving force behind old Joe running for reelection.

After talking about how Bess Truman and Lady Bird Johnson were the driving force behind their husband's decision not to run for re-election, Brinkley noted the difference:

"That’s not the case with Jill Biden. She likes power. She wants to stay. She wants some sense of revenge."

He didn't explain what he meant by "revenge" or why she wants it and against who, but looking at the state of the country since old Joe became president it's clear that its the entire country.

Comment

That could be a problem.

As presidential historian Douglas Brinkley made clear on Face the Nation a couple months ago, "Dr." Jill is the driving force behind old Joe running for reelection.

After talking about how Bess Truman and Lady Bird Johnson were the driving force behind their husband's decision not to run for re-election, Brinkley noted the difference:

"That’s not the case with Jill Biden. She likes power. She wants to stay. She wants some sense of revenge."

He didn't explain what he meant by "revenge" or why she wants it and against who, but looking at the state of the country since old Joe became president it's clear that its the entire country.
                            Maybe if I were a woman married to a POTUS and got to zoom all over the world on Air Force One, I'd want to keep my hubby in office, too.

Comment

He looks like a very weak individual trying too hard to project strength and confidence.
                              He is probably thinking Trump will be in Jail at the time and so they can cancel the debate, or it will need to be remote so they can feed Biden the answers off camera.

Comment