Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Snopes finally admits old Joe showered with his daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

We obviously disagree. How could somebody who wrote such things, only to find out they became public, NOT be embarrassed?
    Are you saying the girl is out of touch with reality?
    I believe that's really unfair.
    I am only noting that the word does not appear in the link you provided.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I am only noting that the word does not appear in the link you provided.
      Because you have nothing better to do, perhaps?
      This is similar to your argument that Paul was not a Jew because you claim a particular word is not used.

You really have an odd way of thinking.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Because you have nothing better to do, perhaps?
        This is similar to your argument that Paul was not a Jew because you claim a particular word is not used.

You really have an odd way of thinking.
        Inferring specific emotional responses when there is no [at least as provided] evidence for that emotion is tending to disingenuousness.

If we are examining the language in the sections of her letter that were reproduced, anger and outrage strike me as the dominant emotions.

"It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Inferring specific emotional responses when there is no [at least as provided] evidence for that emotion is tending to disingenuousness.
          This lovely flowery path on which you are taking me will need to come to an end fairly soon. Any sane rational individual who wrote such things that, subsequently, became public in the manner in which they became public would be embarrassed.

Perhaps you are the exception.

If we are examining the language in the sections of her letter that were reproduced, anger and outrage strike me as the dominant emotions.
          Yes, ma'am --- that often happens when one is embarrassed.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This lovely flowery path on which you are taking me will need to come to an end fairly soon. Any sane rational individual who wrote such things that, subsequently, became public in the manner in which they became public would be embarrassed.

Perhaps you are the exception.

Yes, ma'am --- that often happens when one is embarrassed.
            You are inferring an emotion that is not expressed in the extracts your link provided. There is an end to it.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You are inferring an emotion that is not expressed in the extracts your link provided. There is an end to it.
              Yes, ma'am. I'm a whole lot better at logic than you are, apparently.

Somebody writes some rather sensitive stuff in a diary they intend to keep private.
              One day, everything in that diary shows up on the internetzweb for everybody to see, including such things as taking showers with her father (probably inappropriate).
              Any sane rational woman would be horrified --- that is... embarrassed.

HOWEVER -- I see the problem here.
              You think such things are totally normal, so YOU might pretend you're not embarrassed.

You think, perhaps, upon finding her innermost thoughts published on the web, she sat back and said, "I am SO very glad I shared that with the world".

Comment

Yes, ma'am. I'm a whole lot better at logic than you are, apparently.

Somebody writes some rather sensitive stuff in a diary they intend to keep private.
                One day, everything in that diary shows up on the internetzweb for everybody to see, including such things as taking showers with her father (probably inappropriate).
                Any sane rational woman would be horrified --- that is... embarrassed.

HOWEVER -- I see the problem here.
                You think such things are totally normal, so YOU might pretend you're not embarrassed.

You think, perhaps, upon finding her innermost thoughts published on the web, she sat back and said, "I am SO very glad I shared that with the world".

You have no evidence Ms Biden was "embarrassed". That is simply your inference. However, I have made my point and there is no sense in continuing this.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You have no evidence Ms Biden was "embarrassed". That is simply your inference.
                  Yes, ma'am - as a quite astute student of human behavior.

However, I have made my point and there is no sense in continuing this.
                  I accept your concession.

Comment

Yes, ma'am - as a quite astute student of human behavior.

I accept your concession.
                    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

This lovely flowery path on which you are taking me will need to come to an end fairly soon.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

This lovely flowery path on which you are taking me will need to come to an end fairly soon.
                      Yes ma'am -- in due time. I'm still enjoying the gardenias.

Comment

Yes ma'am -- in due time. I'm still enjoying the gardenias.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Regarding being out of one's depth on topics, this from your very good self and which is worthy of a Dumb Americans award.
                          Yeah I meant to say that the oldest manuscripts we have of Parallel lives from Plutarch are 1000 years later, the 10th century.

The chief manuscripts of the Lives date from the 10th and 11th centuries, and the first printed edition appeared in Rome in 1470

Comment

You have no evidence Ms Biden was "embarrassed". That is simply your inference. However, I have made my point and there is no sense in continuing this.
                            I'm sure she was proud of it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yeah I meant to say that the oldest manuscripts we have of Parallel lives from Plutarch are 1000 years later, the 10th century.

The chief manuscripts of the Lives date from the 10th and 11th centuries, and the first printed edition appeared in Rome in 1470
                              As Greg Koukl has observed

"The important First Century document The Jewish War, by Jewish aristocrat and historian Josephus, survives in only nine complete manuscripts dating from the 5th Century—four centuries after they were written. Tacitus’ Annals of Imperial Rome is one of the chief historical sources for the Roman world of New Testament times, yet, surprisingly, it survives in partial form in only two manuscripts dating from the Middle Ages."

And F. F. Bruce, Rylands professor of biblical criticism and exegesis at the University of Manchester, also pointed out that

"No classical scholar would listen to an argument that the authenticity of Herodotus or Thucydides is in doubt because the earliest manuscripts of their works which are of any use to us are over 1300 years later than the originals."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Biden Nominee Greenlit Secret Search Of Journalist’s Emails Over Ashley Biden’s Diary

This is interesting...

A few years before she was nominated by Joe Biden to a lifetime judicial appointment, Judge Sarah Netburn signed off on an order that compelled Google to secretly hand over to criminal investigators information from the email account of the journalist who had obtained Ashley Biden’s diary.

Netburn has been eviscerated by Republican senators for alleged partisanship during her confirmation hearings this week, chiefly for allowing a repeat sexual offender to be housed in a female prison because he said he was a woman. Senators including Texas’ Ted Cruz have accused her of putting ideology over jurisprudence.

Unmentioned, however, have been her actions in 2020. Netburn as a federal magistrate judge in New York signed the order compelling Google to provide information from a Project Veritas journalist’s personal email account, court records show. Project Veritas purchased the diary after a woman said she found it when she moved into a room previously occupied by Ashley Biden.

The conservative-leaning journalism outfit ultimately decided not to publish the diary. Nonetheless, lawyers for Ashley Biden contacted the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, which turned the missing diary into a federal case.

Comment