Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Snopes finally admits old Joe showered with his daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam View Post

Because one thing is not the other thing, just as I might say that the Book of John was written by John the Disciple but John 8:1-12 was not.
    Yeah, this clearly ain't that.

The excerpt was likely written by Biden.
    "likely"?

The way in which the diary was stolen, peddled, and leaked gives reason for caution.
    Wow, so now you're going to pretend that there was stuff added to her diary, and she totally missed that in her letter to the judge? ​ How incredibly 'unserious'.

And if you can't grok a simple distinction like that, you really have no business opining on what the writer might mean on that diary page, given the content's inherent ambiguities.

-Sam

Sam, you are SO full of yourself it's hilarious!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I DO?

No, ma'am --- she appears to have pretty much had free rein dealing with sexual encounters. She writes that in ... you now.... the diary that is "presumably" hers.
      I think we are even.

I omitted the adverb and you typed now instead of know.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I think we are even.

I omitted the adverb and you typed now instead of know.
        Ah, c'mon, let's try to top one another!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post

Because one thing is not the other thing, just as I might say that the Book of John was written by John the Disciple but John 8:1-12 was not.

The excerpt was likely written by Biden. The way in which the diary was stolen, peddled, and leaked gives reason for caution. And if you can't grok a simple distinction like that, you really have no business opining on what the writer might mean on that diary page, given the content's inherent ambiguities.

-Sam
          Ashley has never denied that she wrote it, and she surely would have if she hadn't, because it's utterly damning to old Joe.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I think the bare minimum would have been for Joe not to have taken showers with his daughter, and God knows what else he did to those two.
            Considering what he has gotten up to in full view of the public, I can't imagine he would hold back in private.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I think the bare minimum ...
              I see what you did there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Considering what he has gotten up to in full view of the public, I can't imagine he would hold back in private.
                Perhaps he even normalized it in his mind in a sense that he didn't think anything he was doing was wrong. Maybe that will be less difficult for the Biden shills to believe if we assume it wasn't like he was doing something he believed was sinister, evident by the creepy way he acts towards children in full public view (that most would say is inappropriate behavior of an adult male under any other other circumstances).
                Last edited by seanD; 05-22-2024, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Yeah, shoulda stuck with the facts of the case and not drift off into unrelated minutia.

And, here ya go, Sam - "presumably"? You honestly believe there's any doubt that Ashely is the author? I would believe that if it were coming from JimL - but you?

Newsweek....

Biden also wrote, "I will forever have to deal with the fact that my personal journal can be viewed online." This letter, Snopes argued, authenticated the diary's contents which had been printed online.

Biden also said that her "innermost thoughts" recorded in the diary had been "constantly distorted and manipulated," and assumed that the point of the theft was to "peddle grotesque lies by distorting my stream-of-consciousness thoughts."

Why would she be writing about "my personal journal" to a judge, if it were not her ... um... "personal journal".

Fail harder, Sam.
                  What you quoted here is very telling:

Biden also said that her "innermost thoughts" recorded in the diary had been "constantly distorted and manipulated,"

Perhaps some here would like to rethink their attitude towards her father
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Going by the context of being hypersexualized at a young age, I would put the time at during or after puberty.
                    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    She was a small girl and Joe Biden is 6 foot tall. The likely juxtaposition is that his genitals were close to her face level.
                    If it was after puberty, or even during late puberty, she would no longer be a small girl. So unless Ashley Biden is a dwarf or Joe Biden has legs up to his armpits, that juxtaposition would not occur.

Nor are Ashley and Joe that different in height - 5'7" vs 6'0".

So stop claiming both "small girl" and "during or after puberty". They can't both be true.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

What you quoted here is very telling:

Biden also said that her "innermost thoughts" recorded in the diary had been "constantly distorted and manipulated,"

Perhaps some here would like to rethink their attitude towards her father
                      She's embarrassed that what she wrote became public. I would be, too. Doesn't change what she wrote. Doesn't change what she said happened.

Comment

She's embarrassed that what she wrote became public.
                        Firstly, that is not what she wrote, and secondly, how do you know "She's embarrassed that what she wrote became public"?

What she wrote has not changed but distortion and manipulation of what she wrote does affect what and how people think.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Firstly, that is not what she wrote, and secondly, how do you know "She's embarrassed that what she wrote became public"?
                          From the letter she wrote to the judge.

What she wrote has not changed
                          Correctomundo!

but distortion and manipulation of what she wrote does affect what and how people think.
                          That's her spin on what she wrote, but she wrote what she wrote.

Comment

What she wrote has not changed but distortion and manipulation of what she wrote does affect what and how people think.
                            That's what she says, but it's curious that she has never denied, retracted, or even attempted to clarify the passage where she linked being molested and traumatized to "showers w/ my dad". For that matter, even if we ignored the rest of the page, a simple undistorted, unmanipulated plain reading of the statement "showers w/ my dad (probably not appropriate)" is damning in and of itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That's what she says, but it's curious that she has never denied, retracted, or even attempted to clarify the passage where she linked being molested and traumatized to "showers w/ my dad". For that matter, even if we ignored the rest of the page, a simple undistorted, unmanipulated plain reading of the statement "showers w/ my dad (probably not appropriate)" is damning enough in and of itself.
                              You just don't understand, MM -- you have to ignore that part because... well, it's not Trump!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I really feel sorry for Ashley. She had a terrible childhood. I am also starting to understand how much Hunter is like his father.
                                Prolly why old Joe has declared that Hunter is the smartest man in the world.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment