Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden refers to mass illegal immigration as 'influx' of 'Hispanic voters'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Wow, somebody really triggered your little pansy self.
    No, as hard as you try, and as much as you'd like to believe it, I don't get triggered CP. You do though!!

Comment

Wow, somebody really triggered your little pansy self.
      Come on CP, you can't trigger someone who is perpetually calm and in control of themselves ALL THE TIME, and constantly shows restraint as much as jim does.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Well, I am breaking from my tribe to cut demented Joe some slack here. First, it is quite possible he meant "Hispanic immigrants". It's election season; votes and voters are a concern and might get scrambled in his brain. Secondly, the quote cuts off. He said "It's even a bigger influx now in terms of Hispanic voters, or Hispanic - Hispanic citizens, who want to become citizens."

Biden would be best served by avoiding the subject altogether, like every other subject he doesn't comment on.
        He never even said "Hispanic immigrants" even after two tries.

First he called them "voters," and in his correction called them "citizens." If you're a citizen, of legal age and not a convicted felon, you have the right to vote. It was as if he had them voting on the brain.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's about the only chance he has. Or, if the softball media starts heavy editing him to the point he sounds coherent.
          Or how they cover what he does. Recently he did an interview with Howard Stern. He was once again a human gaffe machine (a term he has even used to describe himself), regaling Stern with make-believe exploits he is notorious for with Stern playing the fool and gullibly lapping it all up.

And yet, the headlines typically read like this from the NYT: Biden Revisits His Past in Interview With Howard Stern The appearance allowed President Biden to tell the stories of love and loss that have defined his public image

Some focused on his saying he'll debate OMB (I doubt he has a say on the matter given how his keepers are the ones in full control of his microphone), which is a legit headline. But the wax nostalgic headlines were hiding the truth.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            No, the difference is that there are truths and there are lies, and you choose to post the latter. I'm guessing that must be the nature of Trumpian's, they're of a similar character as that of their treasonous leader.
            Poor widdle jimmy. Look's like he's starting to realize that people don't like the duffer's idea of a banana republic democracy. So now it's hissy fit time.

Comment

No, as hard as you try, and as much as you'd like to believe it, I don't get triggered CP.
              In a sense I agree since it's pretty hard to get triggered if you remain triggered.

Comment

No, as hard as you try, and as much as you'd like to believe it, I don't get triggered CP. You do though!!
                You OK, Jim? You seem even more "out there" than normal.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Or how they cover what he does. Recently he did an interview with Howard Stern. He was once again a human gaffe machine (a term he has even used to describe himself), regaling Stern with make-believe exploits he is notorious for with Stern playing the fool and gullibly lapping it all up.

And yet, the headlines typically read like this from the NYT: Biden Revisits His Past in Interview With Howard Stern The appearance allowed President Biden to tell the stories of love and loss that have defined his public image

Some focused on his saying he'll debate OMB (I doubt he has a say on the matter given how his keepers are the ones in full control of his microphone), which is a legit headline. But the wax nostalgic headlines were hiding the truth.
                  What's sad (for me) is how woke Stern has become. He used to be the antithesis of woke-ism, now he's a poster boy for it. So, I'm not sure that a lot of his gullibility isn't just his eagerness to play ball with that group.

Comment

What's sad (for me) is how woke Stern has become. He used to be the antithesis of woke-ism, now he's a poster boy for it. So, I'm not sure that a lot of his gullibility isn't just his eagerness to play ball with that group.
                    Woke or not he was never anybody's lickspittle and watching him behaving with such fawning obsequious spiked both cringe and gag meters.

Comment

Biden refers to mass illegal immigration as 'influx' of 'Hispanic voters'

President Joe Biden accidentally referred to Hispanic illegal immigrants as “voters” in an interview with a Spanish radio show on Thursday while discussing the ongoing crisis at the southern border.

"It's even a bigger influx now in terms of Hispanic voters, or Hispanic - Hispanic citizens, who want to become citizens," President Biden said while talking to the host of the radio show Chiquibaby.

In the same interview, Biden likened the current immigration levels to the 1840s Irish migration to the United States due to famine and persecution.

Biden said that the current crisis is "a little bit like back in the 1840s and the great exodus of Ireland, because of the famine and the way Irish Catholics were treated. They said no, no, we don't need any more of those folks. There was a large influx."

"The Hispanic community is part of the future of America," Biden continued. "Twenty-eight out of every 100 students in school speak Spanish, the idea that you’re gonna ignore that? That’s our future. One of the reasons that we’re growing so much is we have a significant influx of immigrants coming into our country, only reason our economy’s so good. We’re not a xenophobic nation. Other nations are, we’re not, that’s why our economy is the best in the world."

However, Biden's mistake of calling Hispanic illegal immigrants "voters" sparked criticism on social media, with many accusing him of a Freudian slip and inadvertently revealing his political agenda.
                      And the European immigrants like the Irish came over legally.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Come on CP, you can't trigger someone who is perpetually calm and in control of themselves ALL THE TIME, and constantly shows restraint as much as jim does.
                        Indeed. He is the epitome of civility. In fact, you should probably change your user name to JimL Discourse to honor his civil attitude and restraint.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Indeed. He is the epitome of civility. In fact, you should probably change your user name to JimL Discourse to honor his civil attitude and restraint.
                          No, doing so would be too aspirational. Like Icarus I would be flying too close to the sun, and would inevitably find my wings clipped.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Maybe they can get Disney or Hollywood to make an animatronic version of Biden that they can control directly for the debate. I doubt even feeding Biden the answers with an earpiece would work at this point with the actual duffer. He is too far gone. Or do a remote debate so they can replace him digitally using a deep fake.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

No, doing so would be too aspirational. Like Icarus I would be flying too close to the sun, and would inevitably find my wings clipped.
                              SIgh. You are correct once again. Nobody can every reach the pinnacle of JimL's behavior. Not without a lot of drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

And the European immigrants like the Irish came over legally.
                                Those that came through places like Ellis Island were subject to both physical and mental tests that if failed would get you refused entry and sent back. And the tests were no cakewalk. Simply having a limp could get you rejected in many cases.

Comment