Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How long can Netanyahu survive in power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    The ICJ, which is considering the claim that Israel is committing genocide, has just ordered Israel not to attack Rafah.

Almost the entirety of the Gazan civilian population is now in Rafah after Israel ordered them there, while they bombed the rest of Gaza to smithereens. An all out attack on Rafah would thus have an unconscionable amount of civilian casualties, and be a substantial escalation in Israel's ongoing genocide.
    The ICJ is a joke.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

How is all this to be moved in a bombed out area and without the IDF noticing?
      Underneath UNWRA buildings funded by Germany.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

While that remains possible I would note that the latest reference in your Wiki link is from January this year.
        And you think, perhaps, the tunnel network just up and disappeared? Yes, the Israelis are doing their best to locate and destroy, but you would have to assume the IDF was completely successful in this endeavor.

However, the point at issue is precisely how much aid has been diverted?
        No, ma'am - that may be yet another flowery path on which you wish to take us, but the quantity of aid being diverted is not the point.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And you think, perhaps, the tunnel network just up and disappeared? Yes, the Israelis are doing their best to locate and destroy, but you would have to assume the IDF was completely successful in this endeavor.
          I suspect some of it may by now be covered by piles of rubble.

Also, according to your Wiki article:

In October 2023, the Israeli Defense Forces were reported to be considering the use of sponge bombs as a non-lethal means of sealing tunnels during their incursion into the Gaza Strip.

Its reference, The Telegraph, was more emphatic.

Israel will use novel “sponge bombs” as it fights through the network of Hamas tunnels under Gaza.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has been testing the chemical bombs, which contain no explosives but are used to seal off gaps or tunnel entrances from which fighters may emerge.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

No, ma'am - that may be yet another flowery path on which you wish to take us, but the quantity of aid being diverted is not the point.
          Evidently the quantity of aid being diverted is the point, because according to others posting here the reduced amounts of medical equipment, fuel, and food getting through to the Palestinian people have led to a humanitarian crisis.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Yes, ma'am, I'm well aware of the USA's war in Afghanistan, and I'm sure Star appreciates your misguided attempt to bail him out, but here's what he said....

He made the assumption I was in favor of the war in Afghanistan. I was absolutely not, as I saw this as a lesson NOT learned from Russia's experience with the Afghanis.
            He appears to enjoy making false assumptions, and you appear determined to support his ignorance.
            I would also point out to star that we actually won the war in Afghanistan. The Taliban took over when we left because the Afghani government couldn't stand against them.

Comment

Yes, some.

Evidently the quantity of aid being diverted is the point, because according to others posting here the reduced amounts of medical equipment, fuel, and food getting through to the Palestinian people have led to a humanitarian crisis.
              The bigger point is that Hamas is stealing aid for itself that is intended for the people of Gaza.
              Somebody who steals 10% of something is still a thief.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Further,

Source: Daily Wire

None of the aid that President Joe Biden has sent to Gaza via a floating pier that the U.S. Military constructed has reached the Palestinian people, a U.S. official said this week.

Pentagon spokesperson Maj. Gen. Pat Ryder said on Tuesday that none of the 569 tons of aid transported to Gaza since last week has reached the Palestinian people.

“The U.S. military is delivering [the aid] to the causeway. It’s then taken by non-U.S. contractors, driven over onto shore, put into an assembly area, which is where the NGOs that are supporting this effort pick it up and take it for onward distribution,” he said. “But as I mentioned, you know, via some discussions that have happened, again, as we work out processes and procedures, alternative routes for the safe movement of that cargo have been established, and aid is now being taken from those assembly areas to warehouses for further distribution throughout Gaza.”

Reuters reported that on Saturday, 16 trucks were en route to the warehouse when 11 were overrun and “were cleaned out by Palestinians during the journey through an area that a U.N. official said has been hard to access with humanitarian aid.”

Ryder acknowledged during the press conference that the aid was “intercepted by some people who took that aid off those vehicles.”

He said that while aid was making it in, none of the aid that has come in from the pier has been distributed to civilians in Gaza.

© Copyright Original Source

Link

Great job delivering aid to Hamas, Biden.
                Color me shocked and surprised

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Also, according to your Wiki article:

In October 2023, the Israeli Defense Forces were reported to be considering the use of sponge bombs as a non-lethal means of sealing tunnels during their incursion into the Gaza Strip.

Its reference, The Telegraph, was more emphatic.

Israel will use novel “sponge bombs” as it fights through the network of Hamas tunnels under Gaza.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has been testing the chemical bombs, which contain no explosives but are used to seal off gaps or tunnel entrances from which fighters may emerge.

Those sponge bombs only create a temporarily barrier that aren't exactly difficult to remove.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, some.

The bigger point is that Hamas is stealing aid for itself that is intended for the people of Gaza.
                    Given that OBP's source makes it clear that "None of the aid that President Joe Biden has sent to Gaza via a floating pier that the U.S. Military constructed has reached the Palestinian people, a U.S. official said this week" means that they're taking everything not just 10%

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                      I doubt Hamas took the aid.

I think if Hamas did take the aid then it went to feed hungry people, which is fundamentally the point of the aid.

Hamas getting some flour is not going to change the outcome of the war. But it might feed some hungry people, which is a moral good.
                      It is evident that little jimmy has been sharing his bong with you.

Comment

Yes, some.

And what is your view of those civilian Israeli protesters who were blocking aid getting through?
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I have no idea if they are doing so on a regular and sustained basis.

I would also note that Israeli civilian protesters have blocked aid getting through. Are you going to comment negatively on their actions?
                          Please, there is zero evidence to suggest that Hamas has suddenly abandoned their long and well-documented practice of hoarding supplies away from the citizens of Gaza, and if there was, you would have surely dug it up and posted it by now.

Like I said, pretending not to know things is an intellectually debate tactic.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And what is your view of those civilian Israeli protesters who were blocking aid getting through?
                            I haven't met any. Have you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Please, there is zero evidence to suggest that Hamas has suddenly abandoned their long and well-documented practice of hoarding supplies away from the citizens of Gaza, and if there was, you would have surely dug it up and posted it by now.

Like I said, pretending not to know things is an intellectually debate tactic.
                              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I haven't met any. Have you?
                              Do you both condone the actions of civilian Israeli protesters blocking aid getting through?
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Do you both condone the actions of civilian Israeli protesters blocking aid getting through?
                                Considering that Hamas has a long and well-documented history of stealing aid supplies in order to support their war efforts against Israel, including very recent reports of supply trucks being waylaid before reaching the United Nations warehouses, I do not think the protestors are behaving unreasonably.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment