Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How long can Netanyahu survive in power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Stories like this are extremely easy to find with a simple internet search, but it works better for Hypatia_Alexandria's agenda if she remains willfully ignorant.
    A lot of information may be found using a "simple internet search" but i does not follow that these "stories" are accurate.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

1. The Palestinian people as a group are not innocent. They elected Hamas and they share the sentiment of destroying Israel and establishing Palestine as the replacement country. Hamas would not exist if it were not for this sentiment and the people letting Hamas do things like October 7.
      Rubbish!
      THere have not been elections for way over ten years, probably over fifteen. Most yound Gazans have never voted for anybody.
      Most of the Gazans and West Bankers want fair treatment.

2. Hamas uses the civilians as human shields and the evidence points to the civilians allowing this to occur. If they die when Israel hits Hamas targets, it it collateral damage. When Hamas hits Israel like on October 7, civilians ARE their primary target.
      Totally cranked thinking, right there.
      The Israeli leadership wants all Palestinians to be gone from Israel.......it's genocide in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

A lot of information may be found using a "simple internet search" but i does not follow that these "stories" are accurate.
        Then prove them false - trawl the internetzweb and find a denunciation.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          IOW, you just finished looking and couldn't find a single instance of you condemning the attack like you pretended that you did. Just a bunch of "I don't condone"
          If you wish to find corroborative evidence from my posts to support your allegations, feel free to do so.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
            Rubbish!
            THere have not been elections for way over ten years, probably over fifteen.....
            Interesting, that! The terrorists keep themselves in power....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Can't get nothing by you can I? It's not like I started that post with

From last year but still pertinent

smiley snicker.gif

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that the situation has changed. A couple months after the NYT article that you "snipped for relevance" Jake Tapper on CNN ran a story that featured Palestinians complaining that Hamas steals all the food and other supplies that make it into Gaza. It included an aerial video of Hamas forces stopping a shipment, beating the driver, and loading everything on to their own trucks and disappearing with it.

The usual rejoinder is that is only a small drop in the bucket compared to what Israel refuses to allow in. That may be true, but what does get in tends to vanish before it gets to the people in need.
              It seems that quite a lot does get past you.

What evidence are you providing to illustrate that the situation is the same now as it was nearly seven months ago?

To put it another way.

What evidence is there from the present that supports the contention that the situation then is pertinent [or relevant] to the situation now?
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

First of all, Wikipedia? Please.

As for the second link, nowhere does it say that Israel is deliberately targeting civilians. Rather, it describes Israel expanding the range of what it considers valid military targets based on Hamas' longstanding tactic of setting up their bases of operation within civilian locales (they do this deliberately to increase the likelihood of civilian casualties so that despicable cowards like you can wring your hands and condemn Israel), and while this has increased collateral damage to innocents, the overwhelming majority of targets killed in such attacks are Hamas terrorists and their allies.

The alternative is for Israel to stand down, giving Hamas time to regroup and strengthen for another attack on Israel, and I don't see how that's a viable option.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

A) Just out of curiosity, from whence does the 35,000 number come?
                  2) Are you suggesting that those individuals were purposely targeted by Israel?
                  IIRC, several months ago the claim heard around here was around a quarter million civilians killed.

Btw, the UN has just drastically reduced the number of women and children killed so far. Earlier this month they said that 9500 women and 14,500 children have been killed so far, but now they say that the number is actually closer to half of that. Seems they've been using Hamas' numbers and finally decided that they aren't reliable.

Still too many, yet when you are fighting a group that uses their own people as human shields, it is nearly impossible to avoid.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

IIRC, several months ago the claim heard around here was around a quarter million civilians killed.

Btw, the UN has just drastically reduced the number of women and children killed so far. Earlier this month they said that 9500 women and 14,500 children have been killed so far, but now they say that the number is actually closer to half of that. Seems they've been using Hamas' numbers and finally decided that they aren't reliable.

Still too many, yet when you are fighting a group that uses their own people as human shields, it is nearly impossible to avoid.
                    That was my point - we're trusting the enemy to give us numbers with no real ability to verify them. If Hamas actually cared about civilian deaths, what about all those tunnels in which the military hides?

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
                      Rubbish!
                      THere have not been elections for way over ten years, probably over fifteen. Most yound Gazans have never voted for anybody.
                      Most of the Gazans and West Bankers want fair treatment.
                      I said as a group. How else did HAMA get into power and remain there? Why haven't the Palestinians turned against HAMAS? Why do they allow HAMAS to use them as human shields?

Totally cranked thinking, right there.
                      The Israeli leadership wants all Palestinians to be gone from Israel.......it's genocide in action.
                      Quite the opposite. HAMA wants genocide of the Jews. Israel is responding to their attacks. Israel keeps trying to appease the Palestinians but they will have none of it. Israel gave them Gaza and rather than exist peacefully, they used Gaza as a platform to launch more attacks against Israel. This has been going on since Israel became a country. Constant attacks against Israel by arab groups. When the Arabs don't attack Israel, Israel is fine with coexisting with them. But when the attack just keep coming, then Israel has as right to defend itself and prevent future attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

No, it's 'trawl'.
                        An act of searching for or examining something. "A trawl of local records produced some leads."
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Accurate stories are not hard to find, either, such as this story about Hamas militants caught on camera stealing relief supplies and beating up the civilians who try to stop them, or this story which describes the paradox of trying to help the people Gaza while knowing that any supplies sent will be helping the enemy as well, but you like to pretend to not know things.

Comment

I am not defending Hamas but you seem totally indifferent to starving children.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I am not defending Hamas but you seem totally indifferent to starving children.
                              You're not condemning Hamas, either.

As for starving children, Hamas leadership could feed every citizen in Gaza today if they would open up their vast hoard of food and other supplies:

Hamas has been hoarding Gaza’s resources to continue its military campaign against Israel. The IDF said on October 24 that Hamas possesses vast fuel reserves of about half a million liters, a claim that was confirmed by Western and Arab officials to The New York Times.

A senior Lebanese official told the newspaper that Hamas has enough supplies to sustain fighting for three to four months without a need for resupply. The terror group has also allegedly been stockpiling food, keeping it from Gazan residents who are in desperate need.

Reports have emerged that the group has also stolen humanitarian aid delivered to UNRWA.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/while-...tarian-crisis/

But, no, you go ahead and continue to pretend not to know things.

Comment

It seems that quite a lot does get past you.
                                Ironically, all one needs do to slip something past you is to write it clearly and post it. You will "snip for relevance" it and then pretend that it wasn't addressed.

Like exactly what you did here. You claimed that I didn't address something literally in a response to the post where I did exactly that

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that the situation has changed. A couple months after the NYT article that you "snipped for relevance" Jake Tapper on CNN ran a story that featured Palestinians complaining that Hamas steals all the food and other supplies that make it into Gaza. It included an aerial video of Hamas forces stopping a shipment, beating the driver, and loading everything on to their own trucks and disappearing with it.

Ms. Snipped for Relevance strikes again!

Or should it be Ms. Snipped for Relevance strikes out again!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment