Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How long can Netanyahu survive in power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can Netanyahu survive in power?

When can the people of Israel change its leadership?

What with mass killing of civilians in Gaza, outrages on the West Bank, using foreign military supplies on Palestinians and so many demonstrations against him and his government, is the Israeli leadership actually mass producing anti-Semitism all around?

Replies, please.

Originally posted by eider View Post

What with mass killing of civilians in Gaza, outrages on the West Bank, using foreign military supplies on Palestinians and so many demonstrations against him and his government, is the Israeli leadership actually mass producing anti-Semitism all around?

Replies, please.
    In answer to the thread question, technically until October 2026. From ToI last April: https://www.timesofisrael.com/judge-...-october-2026/

Central Elections Committee chairman Supreme Court Judge Noam Solberg ruled Thursday that Israel’s next scheduled elections will be held on October 27, 2026.

Solberg made the ruling in response to a petition asking if the current 25th Knesset will stay in office for the normal four-year term or if it would have five years due to the early dispersal of the previous Knesset, according to a statement from the CEC.

The last elections were held on November 1, 2022, when a far-right, religious 64-member coalition led by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud party was voted into power.

"It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

In answer to the thread question, technically until October 2026.
      Good, give them enough time to destroy Hamas.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why? Are the people is Israel unhappy with Netanyahu defending them from a bloodthirsty enemy who wants to wipe them off the face of the earth?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Timely story:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s domestic support is on the rise as Israel’s war against Hamas advances, according to poll numbers released on Thursday.

Israel’s Channel 14 published the results of a survey conducted by Direct Polls on Thursday evening, showing that if elections were held now, Netanyahu’s Likud Party would receive 25 mandates, one of its best numbers since the October 7 massacre — the most brutal attack on Jews since the Nazi Holocaust.

In a matchup for prime minister between Netanyahu and his longtime rival, Benny Gantz, Netanyahu is the preferred candidate, securing 46 percent of the total sample’s support compared to Gantz’s 33 percent. In Channel 14’s latest poll, Gantz’s National Unity Party received 23 mandates.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...t-on-the-rise/

Comment

In answer to the thread question, technically until October 2026. From ToI last April: https://www.timesofisrael.com/judge-...-october-2026/

Central Elections Committee chairman Supreme Court Judge Noam Solberg ruled Thursday that Israel’s next scheduled elections will be held on October 27, 2026.

Solberg made the ruling in response to a petition asking if the current 25th Knesset will stay in office for the normal four-year term or if it would have five years due to the early dispersal of the previous Knesset, according to a statement from the CEC.

The last elections were held on November 1, 2022, when a far-right, religious 64-member coalition led by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud party was voted into power.
              Two more years of fanatical extremism might do more damage to Judaism than all the demonstrations in the World.

That's very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Why? Are the people is Israel unhappy with Netanyahu defending them from a bloodthirsty enemy who wants to wipe them off the face of the earth?
                If the people support mass killing of civilians and their children then I guess that things won't change.

Do you think that killing civilians and little children is ok? Yes/No?

Comment

Two more years of fanatical extremism might do more damage to Judaism than all the demonstrations in the World.

That's very sad.
                  You're aware, perhaps, that being a "Jew" can simply be that one is born in Israel, and not even religious at all? Judaism is the religion, which is not prosecuting this war on the aggressor.
                  It is the Nation, led by Netanyahu, at war, not Judaism.

People make the same mistake about "The Troubles" in Ireland - it was not a religious war, simply because the vast majority of one side was Catholic and the other side Protestant.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If the people support mass killing of civilians and their children then I guess that things won't change.

Do you think that killing civilians and little children is ok? Yes/No?
                    Of course I oppose Hamas murdering innocent civilians, but I thought we were talking about Israel.

Comment

Of course I oppose Hamas murdering innocent civilians, but I thought we were talking about Israel.
                      You do not consider the Palestinian women and children to be innocent civilians? Do you not consider starving children to be innocent?

Do you endorse these sentiments? These are Israeli protesters preventing supplies getting into Gaza.

Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 05-12-2024, 06:02 AM.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You do not consider the Palestinian women and children to be innocent civilians? Do you not consider starving children to be innocent?

Do you endorse these sentiments? These are Israeli protesters preventing supplies getting into Gaza.

Could you imagine the Allies during WWII sending food shipments into Germany?

Or maybe Germany sending food and supplies to the poor Russian civilians trapped in places like Moscow or Stalingrad during the long proacted battles there?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Since relief supplies sent into Gaza are being immediately snatched up by Hamas to support their war against Israel, then yes, I agree with the sentiment in the image.

Comment

Since relief supplies sent into Gaza are being immediately snatched up by Hamas to support their war against Israel, then yes, I agree with the sentiment in the image.
                            On what evidence?
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Could you imagine the Allies during WWII sending food shipments into Germany?

Or maybe Germany sending food and supplies to the poor Russian civilians trapped in places like Moscow or Stalingrad during the long proacted battles there?
                              The protests are by Israeli civilians who are preventing aid getting through.
                              Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 05-12-2024, 07:08 AM.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment