Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Off With Their Heads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

It is entirely relevant. While you have recently posted several threads criticising/condemning the present pro-Palestinian protests and some of their chants you were silent on the chants of neo-Nazis at Charlottesville or the chants of some at the Capitol incident in 2021 who wanted to hang Mike Pence.

Do you imagine that the protesters who wanted to hang Mike Pence would have done so, had they had the opportunity? What about James Fields Jr? The neo-Nazi at Charlottesville who drove his car into the crowd, killed Ms Heyer and injured some thirty+ other people? Where were you threads condemning his actions? Instead you tried to exonerate the Alt-Right and blame the counter-protesters for the violence at Charlottesville

08-13-2017, 04:05 AM

Seer, You might as well give up. H_A has firmly planted herself in the "coy" position of defending calls for murder without actually taking a direct stand. At this point she's so firmly planted in her intellectually dishonest position that you are as likely to see a dog spontaneously do multi-dimensional calculus as you are to get her to provide an honest answer to your question. She's reached full game-playing mode and is now just going to ignore your question and just keep trying to distract away to unrelated topics.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Seer, You might as well give up. H_A has firmly planted herself in the "coy" position of defending calls for murder without actually taking a direct stand. At this point she's so firmly planted in her intellectually dishonest position that you are as likely to see a dog spontaneously do multi-dimensional calculus as you are to get her to provide an honest answer to your question. She's reached full game-playing mode and is now just going to ignore your question and just keep trying to distract away to unrelated topics.
      If you consider those protest chants to be calls for murder, where was your indignation over the calls to hang Mike Pence?
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

If you consider those protest chants to be calls for murder, where was your indignation over the calls to hang Mike Pence?
        H_A, you keep trying to distract away from the main Topic. At this point, you have still refused to actually condemn or condone the protesters words. Though, from your constant attempts to shift the conversation, it is clear that you are trying to defend them without having to actually provide an answer that you might have to defend later.

Comment

It is entirely relevant. While you have recently posted several threads criticising/condemning the present pro-Palestinian protests and some of their chants you were silent on the chants of neo-Nazis at Charlottesville or the chants of some at the Capitol incident in 2021 who wanted to hang Mike Pence.

Do you imagine that the protesters who wanted to hang Mike Pence would have done so, had they had the opportunity? What about James Fields Jr? The neo-Nazi at Charlottesville who drove his car into the crowd, killed Ms Heyer and injured some thirty+ other people? Where were you threads condemning his actions? Instead you tried to exonerate the Alt-Right and blame the counter-protesters for the violence at Charlottesville
          Let say, I overlooked the Charlottesville at the time (I really don't know since I don't remember), I clearly condemned it here and the Mike Pence thing. And your quote of mine was fact. And not all the people trying to save the stature were Alt-Right you idiot. In any case you are free to condemn the language I quote from the left.
          Last edited by seer; 05-14-2024, 06:44 AM.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

She is not merely coy, but deeply dishonest.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

She's a - that's what they do.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

H_A, you keep trying to distract away from the main Topic. At this point, you have still refused to actually condemn or condone the protesters words. Though, from your constant attempts to shift the conversation, it is clear that you are trying to defend them without having to actually provide an answer that you might have to defend later.
                Goodness me! Are you being "coy" CD? I ask again, where was your indignation and outrage at the calls to hang Mike Pence? Or indeed at Fields Jr's murder of Heather Heyer?

The topic is the use of violent language in protests.

If a group of students calling for some of their senior administrators to be guillotined causes such outrage amongst some of you who post here, why was that same outrage not expressed over the calls to hang Mike Pence? Or over Fields Jr's actual murder of Heyer?

Outrage at violent language and indeed violence, including murder, primarily occurs on these boards when it is exhibited by the "other side" i.e. those with whom you, seer and various others who post here do not agree with politically.

That raises questions about what passes amongst you concerning both logic and morality .

"It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

She's a - that's what they do.
                  See above
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Let say, I overlooked the Charlottesville at the time (I really don't know since I don't remember), I clearly condemned it here and the Mike Pence thing. And your quote of mine was fact. And not all the people trying to save the stature were Alt-Right you idiot. In any case you are free to condemn the language I quote from the left.
                    You "overlooked" it! That is something of an understatement and a bit of a porkie pie given that you posted a video about it.

Just to refresh your memory, one woman was killed and thirty plus injured. It made international news.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You "overlooked" it! That is something of an understatement and a bit of a porkie pie given that you posted a video about it.
                      No you dolt, it was about whether I would condemn the Jewish thing. I was firmly on the side of those who wanted to save the statue - not on the side of the communists who wanted to rip it down.

[Just to refresh your memory, one woman was killed and thirty plus injured. It made international news.
                      And that was terrible. So will you now condemn the language used by the leftist protesters?

Comment

See above
                        No thanks.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Goodness me! Are you being "coy" CD? I ask again, where was your indignation and outrage at the calls to hang Mike Pence? Or indeed at Fields Jr's murder of Heather Heyer?

The topic is the use of violent language in protests.

If a group of students calling for some of their senior administrators to be guillotined causes such outrage amongst some of you who post here, why was that same outrage not expressed over the calls to hang Mike Pence? Or over Fields Jr's actual murder of Heyer?

Outrage at violent language and indeed violence, including murder, primarily occurs on these boards when it is exhibited by the "other side" i.e. those with whom you, seer and various others who post here do not agree with politically.

That raises questions about what passes amongst you concerning both logic and morality .

No, H_A, the topic is the calls for murder and violence at a the protest in the OP. YOU have been trying to shift the conversation away from that without ever actually addressing whether you condone or condemn it.

You might find others more interested in your "flowery path" if you actually took the time to honestly engage with the OP's topic FIRST instead of immediately trying to derail to something else.

Comment

No, H_A, the topic is the calls for murder and violence at a the protest in the OP. YOU have been trying to shift the conversation away from that without ever actually addressing whether you condone or condemn it.
                            And I see nothing to make a fuss about. It is in the nature of protests.

As has been pointed out by no less a personage than rogue06:.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Such calls are common during riots. Look at how often Trump was hung in effigy. In one instance they built a guillotine.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Similar to how during J6 chants of hang Mike Pence were described as going way beyond the pale, like this was something new at political demonstrations. Hanging or burning Trump in effigy became a common place occurrence and one group even constructed a work guillotine to execute him with.

"It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You might find others more interested in your "flowery path" if you actually took the time to honestly engage with the OP's topic FIRST instead of immediately trying to derail to something else.
                              That would take a degree of self-awareness on her part...

Comment

And I see nothing to make a fuss about. It is in the nature of protests.
                                So anti Semitic chants are nothing to make a fuss about. Got it...

Comment