Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Off With Their Heads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

As an example of selective forum silence. I found no threads or comments censuring or condemning either that particular chant or that event. Perhaps there has been some loss of data since 2017 but nothing came up on the Advanced Search function.
    All it means is that nobody brought the topic of that chant up, on either side. In the case of the condemnation of HAMAS though, it was brought up and the fact that you refuse to condemn them.

Your 35 pages of search results is due to the fact that our search engine sucks. It doesn't search for entire phrases. If you type in "Jews will not replace us" it will return search results for the individual words. I did a search on Google for "Jews will not replace us" site:theologyweb.com and it returned zero results. Meaning the phrase was not discussed by anyone pro or con. Not every event in the news is discussed on Tweb.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Oh it was in the coverage....but again, the actual discussions got overshadowed by the violence of the day, and the fact that it ratcheted up to someone being killed in the resulting violence.
      Because she is intimately aware of anything that ever happened on the earth or in the universe and beyond since the inception of time itself, she expects the same from us.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Still waiting: Now let's see HA condemn the anti semitic rants by these protestors in the same fashion...

I understood from the OP that this thread was about some students calling for certain individuals among the staff at George Washington University staff to be guillotined.

I am not sure how you equate that with anti-Semitism.
        And it looks like it'll be a long wait.

Perhaps when

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As an example of selective forum silence. I found no threads or comments censuring or condemning either that particular chant or that event. Perhaps there has been some loss of data since 2017 but nothing came up on the Advanced Search function.
          Still waiting: Now let's see HA condemn the anti semitic rants by these protestors in the same fashion...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

At best we might drag out a "won't condone" out of her.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Because she is intimately aware of anything that ever happened on the earth or in the universe and beyond since the inception of time itself, she expects the same from us.
              No, it's not that. I would wager if we go back we'd find comments about that phrase. But, to put it into perspective, it would be like talking on Oct 8th about the fact that a Hamas official said something anti-semitic. There might JUST have been something more important that was sucking up the discussion energy that had happened the day before rather than discussing a comment.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Are you complaining there was no denunciation of the people at the rally, OR are you trying to specifically look for denunciations of the particular phrase you searched for? You might have trouble finding denunciations of that particular phrase, because, if you hadn't heard, something else happened that kind of sucked up the oxygen of discussion...
                I find it interesting that no one appeared, at the time, to have condemned the Charlottesville chant.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That wasn't as high profile, and the liberal media jumped on the whole thing like a duck on a June bug. As soon as I was aware of it (whatever "it" is) I condemned it.
                  Is there a sliding scale for the use abusive and pejorative language? Was the Charlottesville rally only to be condemned because the "liberal media jumped on the whole thing like a duck on a June bug"?

Would it otherwise have gone unnoticed, even though James Fields Jr, a neo Nazi, deliberately drove his car into the crowd killing Ms Heyer and leaving several other people in a critical condition?
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Is there a sliding scale for the use abusive and pejorative language? Was the Charlottesville rally only to be condemned because the "liberal media jumped on the whole thing like a duck on a June bug"?

Would it otherwise have gone unnoticed, even though James Fields Jr, a neo Nazi, deliberately drove his car into the crowd killing Ms Heyer and leaving several other people in a critical condition?
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I find it interesting that no one appeared, at the time, to have condemned the Charlottesville chant.
                      Perhaps because many were arguing against the lies about Trump saying that there were good people on both sides. But the fact is, given your support of radical Muslims, the Charlottesville chant must have been music to your ears...

Comment

Wherein lies the difference between some protesters calling for senior administrators to guillotined and the above?
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Wherein lies the difference between some protesters calling for senior administrators to guillotined and the above?
                          That was equally WRONG! Still waiting: Now let's see HA condemn the anti semitic rants by these protestors in the same fashion...

Comment

Happily, the police have since forcibly removed the encampment at GWU, so I can once again walk safely to work.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

derail.jpg
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

gallow.jpg
                                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment