Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Snowflakes demand counseling after seeing Confederate flag on laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowflakes demand counseling after seeing Confederate flag on laptop

Students Referred to Counseling Services After a Confederate Flag Was Seen on a Laptophttp://www.mrctv.org/blog/students-r...p#.zqst6s:7Dhi

Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer...
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Achtung! Are you making fun of the CDI??

Where I work we have a "Director of Diversity and Inclusion"

barf.

Comment

That was ridiculous. Seeing a confederate flag shouldn't reduce a normal sane person to needing therapy. If I saw a person with a swastika on his laptop, I'd just consider him a jerk and not think about him anymore.

And while its true that the original Confederates were as bad as they are portrayed, and fully defended as a Biblical truth, that slavery was good, that society would crumble without it, that it was a sin to go against this institution, that God had ordained it and commanded it, that blacks were inherently inferior to whites, etc.... (though similar ideas were also popular in the North) most people who love the Confederate flag associate it with something else other than that history. They have their own historical conception of that flag, correct or not, and at any rate its theirs to be proud of.

I wouldn't assume a person sporting a confederate flag is a racist. I'd just assume they were counter cultural, or anti-PC, or just proud of where they came from whatever its history has been.
        Last edited by Leonhard; 08-08-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          That was ridiculous. Seeing a confederate flag shouldn't reduce a normal sane person to needing therapy. If I saw a person with a swastika on his laptop, I'd just consider him a jerk and not think about him anymore.

And while its true that the original Confederates were as bad as they are portrayed, and fully defended as a Biblical truth, that slavery was good, that society would crumble without it, that it was a sin to go against this institution, that God had ordained it and commanded it, that blacks were inherently inferior to whites, etc.... (though similar ideas were also popular in the North) most people who love the Confederate flag associate it with something else other than that history. They have their own historical conception of that flag, correct or not, and at any rate its theirs to be proud of.

I wouldn't assume a person sporting a confederate flag is a racist. I'd just assume they were counter cultural, or anti-PC, or just proud of where they came from whatever its history has been.

h-k-_edgerton.jpg

black_confederates.JPG

635813117024098063-confederate-flag-man-2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]23639[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23640[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23641[/ATTACH]
            Pretty much. As I said, the flag means whatever it does to those who use that flag. The obsession with the liberals in the US in hunting down that flag is a bit ridiculous.

Comment

Story was from November. 23. 2015
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Comment

I'll bet this is fake news....too silly.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Don't laugh. That's a viable career path these days. I work a lot of corporate events, and the "chief diversity officer" is practically treated like royalty despite contributing nothing of value to the company.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Don't laugh. That's a viable career path these days. I work a lot of corporate events, and the "chief diversity officer" is practically treated like royalty despite contributing nothing of value to the company.
                      Likely scared to death of him. Sort of like those guys whose only job was enforcing political purity in the old Soviet Union.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Likely scared to death of him. Sort of like those guys whose only job was enforcing political purity in the old Soviet Union.
                        Pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          It's very rarely a "him" for what I think are obvious reasons. Black females seem to be the demographic of choice for that position.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            It's very rarely a "him" for what I think are obvious reasons. Black females seem to be the demographic of choice for that position.
                            Unless you are a snowflake "him" is generic and covers all races and both sexes.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post

Hitler didn't do much to blacks.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment