Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jack Smith document case in trouble; possible evidence tampering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It looks like she might actually be someone who cares about things like laws and evidence and doesn't see them as being so flexible that you can make out of them whatever you want at any given moment.

If you are upset with the various trials running into brick walls perhaps you should focus your ire where it belongs -- on the prosecutors who, in their rush and eagerness showed themselves to be both incompetent and corrupt.

One can hardly blame folks like Cannon from disassociating themselves with that.
    Rationalized like only a true Trumpster could. Cannon has already proven herself not to be neutral in this case, but to be partial in her rulings doing her utmost to slow the case down to the benefit of her master, the defendent, the treasonous ex-president, Donald J. Trump who appointed her for just this purpose. That's why he calls them, including the Supreme Court justices he appointed, "my judges."

Comment

Originally posted by View Post

Rationalized like only a true Trumpster could. Cannon has already proven herself not to be neutral in this case, but to be partial in her rulings doing her utmost to slow the case down to the benefit of her master, the defendent, the treasonous ex-president, Donald J. Trump who appointed her for just this purpose. That's why he calls them, including the Supreme Court justices he appointed, "my judges."
      You have evidence to back all this up, or are this just the ranting of a conspiracy theory nutcase?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You should thank Jim for his rational, respectful way he conducts himself on these forums. His behavior is so impeccable, we could bring his mother on the boards and she would be more than proud of how he conducts himself.

JESUS HIMSELF could learn civility from Jim.
        You might actually be taken seriously if you judged those on your side of the issue for their own lack of civility as well, but you don't, so you aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Cannon slowed the case down because she smelled a rat, and she was right! Not only did the FBI plant evidence at the scene, but the prosecution confessed to continuing to tamper with the evidence afterwards. That is in addition to Jack Smith working closely with the White House to target Joe's political opponent, and determining whether or not Smith's appointment was even legal, among a number of other problems with the case.

Instead of being angry at Cannon for exposing the DOJ's corruption, perhaps you should be angry at Jack Smith and Merrick Garland for not doing a better job covering it up!
          You have evidence of no such thing, you're just a nut who has no need of facts but is willfully ignorant and will believe whatever you want to believe, facts or no facts

Comment

You have evidence of no such thing, you're just a nut who has no need of facts but is willfully ignorant and will believe whatever you want to believe, facts or no facts
            You are free to read Judge Cannon's ruling to understand why she elected to suspend the trial while she sorts out the numerous problems with Jack Smith's case. Her goal from the start seems focused on answering every possible objection from the prosecution in order to make her final ruling appeal proof. This is that happens when lawfare meets an honest judge.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

You might actually be taken seriously if you judged those on your side of the issue for their own lack of civility as well, but you don't, so you aren't.
              Jim...i am complimenting you on your behavior. Why would I judge you lacking. You are a beacon of respect and inclusiveness on these boards. The world would be a better place if everyone strove to imitate the way you act towards your fellow board members.

Comment

You are free to read Judge Cannon's ruling to understand why she elected to suspend the trial while she sorts out the numerous problems with Jack Smith's case. Her goal from the start seems focused on answering every possible objection from the prosecution in order to make her final ruling appeal proof. This is that happens when lawfare meets an honest judge.
                No need, Cannons been unjustifiabley delaying the trial every chance she gets right from the get go. She not only rules for delaying, and now for postponing indefinitely, but she even unduly delays her ruling on whether to postpone in the first place. What she is so obviously doing, and you're smart enough to know this, is slow-walking the whole process so that "should Trump be re-elected" there will be no trial, which is what y'all Trumpster's are hoping for.
                ​​​​​​​That though in itself gives the American people good reason not to re-elect him so in that case the trial will go on regardless. But Cannon has proven herself, like yourself, to be the shill for Trump that we all suspected she was.

Comment

No need, Cannons been unjustifiabley delaying the trial every chance she gets right from the get go. She not only rules for delaying, and now for postponing indefinitely, but she even unduly delays her ruling on whether to postpone in the first place. What she is so obviously doing, and you're smart enough to know this, is slow-walking the whole process so that "should Trump be re-elected" there will be no trial, which is what y'all Trumpster's are hoping for.
                  That though in itself gives the American people good reason not to re-elect him so in that case the trial will go on regardless. But Cannon has proven herself, like yourself, to be the shill for Trump that we all suspected she was.
                  Do you have anything beyond the paranoid ravings of one who sufferers from Trump Derangement Syndrome to support your claim that the delays are unjustified?

Comment

It seems the National Archives and FBI were just following orders from old Joe himself. See this May 2022 response from the director of the National Archives to President Trump:

I have concluded that there is no reason to grant your request for a further delay before the FBI and others in the Intelligence Community begin their reviews. Accordingly, NARA will provide the FBI access to the records in question, as requested by the incumbent President...

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/4087842/posts

This is why Judge Cannon slowed the trial down, because it has allowed damning information like this to bubble to surface.

Comment

It seems the National Archives and FBI were just following orders from old Joe himself. See this May 2022 response from the director of the National Archives to President Trump:

I have concluded that there is no reason to grant your request for a further delay before the FBI and others in the Intelligence Community begin their reviews. Accordingly, NARA will provide the FBI access to the records in question, as requested by the incumbent President...

This is why Judge Cannon slowed the trial down, because it has allowed damning information like this to bubble to surface.
                      What damning evidence? You're dreaming as usual!!! You apparently read into stuff and then make of it whatever you want it to mean.

Comment

After NARA received the 15 boxes of documents from Trump, and found classified documents in some of them, they informed the DOJ. The DOJ asked the President to request that NARA provide the documents to the FBI, and the President so requested.

Trump tried to keep the FBI from getting the documents by claiming executive privilege, and the President chose to let the (acting) Archivist, in consultation with the OLC, decide whether to honor that claim of executive privilege, or grant the President's request. The Archivist consulted with the OLC, and decided to grant the President's request.

You would know all this if you had read the letter. And there is nothing nefarious about Biden allowing the FBI to do its job and investigate the mishandling of classified documents.

It's only damning to someone like you, who sees all evidence through a "damning to Biden" filter.

Comment

What damning evidence? You're dreaming as usual!!! You apparently read into stuff and then make of it whatever you want it to mean.
                          Joe himself ordered this witch hunt against his political rival. If that's not an abuse of power, then I don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                            After NARA received the 15 boxes of documents from Trump, and found classified documents in some of them, they informed the DOJ. The DOJ asked the President to request that NARA provide the documents to the FBI, and the President so requested.

Trump tried to keep the FBI from getting the documents by claiming executive privilege, and the President chose to let the (acting) Archivist, in consultation with the OLC, decide whether to honor that claim of executive privilege, or grant the President's request. The Archivist consulted with the OLC, and decided to grant the President's request.

You would know all this if you had read the letter. And there is nothing nefarious about Biden allowing the FBI to do its job and investigate the mishandling of classified documents.

It's only damning to someone like you, who sees all evidence through a "damning to Biden" filter.
                            Nevermind Joe's conflict of interest in overriding the executive privilege of his predecessor who is running against him, right?

Comment

Joe himself ordered this witch hunt against his political rival. If that's not an abuse of power, then I don't know what is.
                              It's not a witch hunt. You're just a brain dead puppet. And no Biden didn't order anything. All Trump needed do to avoid all of this was to cooperate fully with the FBI and return the documents instead of lying, hiding them, or in other words obstructing the FBI and that is why he is in this mess which "his judge" as he calls her, is doing everything she can do to save him from.

Comment

Nevermind Joe's conflict of interest in overriding the executive privilege of his predecessor who is running against him, right?
                                Executive privilege! 🤣🤣🤣!! For one thing Trump didn't bother declassifying anything and he even admitted as much on tape. So even if he could have done so, (he couldn't) he didn't. So you're just blabbering incoherently as usual.

Comment