Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Louisiana law gets medieval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I agree you tried to substantiate it, but I am unable to see where Rogue lied. A lie would be a deliberate falsehood meant to mislead, not making an error in confusing "special pleading" with "special needs" - and you were already discussing various terms for "disabilities" and such. So I am not seeing it.
    Yup, she was freely using the terms that she now declares are "slurs" -- but only after realizing that she had faceplanted yet again with her claim that special needs is for capable gifted folks imploded. Only then, in a fit of pique, did we see her begin to whine about slurs.

And as CD has pointed out, this is counterfeit outrage in that she frequently engages in exactly the sort of behavior that she is now suddenly so lachrymose over. But of course, when she does it, they aren't "slurs" but are "observations."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Yup, she was freely using the terms that she now declares are "slurs" -- but only after realizing that she had faceplanted yet again with her claim that special needs is for capable gifted folks imploded. Only then, in a fit of pique, did we see her begin to whine about slurs.

And as CD has pointed out, this is counterfeit outrage in that she frequently engages in exactly the sort of behavior that she is now suddenly so lachrymose over. But of course, when she does it, they aren't "slurs" but are "observations."
      But she knows how to Google stuff, so BACK OFF, Jack!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Rogue has refused any sort of help for decades now. He insists that his Ninja Squirrel army is real and that he regularly steals bacon from my vaults. Everyone knows this is false and that my bacon remains untouched in my vaults. But I better go check just to make sure.
        Whoa there buddy. It is Master Po's Ninja Squirrel Assassins, not "my" "Ninja Squirrel army"

And I don't "regularly" empty out your bacon vaults. I constantly empty out your bacon vaults. They are my second primary source for obtaining bacon.

[*posted while inside the now empty SBV-6703-1A*]

Oh, and SBV stands for "Sparko Bacon Vault"

*burp*

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'll have you know that my brudder does not suffer from mental issues - memory or otherwise. He rather revels in them.

That is something that I, along with all the voices in my head, can agree with.

I even gots myself a brand new bright red straitjacket! No more dull white ones for me.

Comment

That is something that I, along with all the voices in my head, can agree with.

I even gots myself a brand new bright red straitjacket! No more dull white ones for me.

And it appears you're identifying as a woman again.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And it appears you're identifying as a woman again.
              They initially sent the wrong model. I haven't unwrapped the replacement yet.

Comment

They initially sent the wrong model. I haven't unwrapped the replacement yet.
                yuh

Comment

A) I reject your premise
                  2) If he were actually doing what you claim against somebody who was actually posting in good faith, I'd be concerned.
                  The textual evidence is there for you to read, that you choose to ignore/dismiss it does not surprise me as you appear to have a sliding scale when it comes to probity.

The allegation was made by rogue06 that he used the phrase "special needs" in response to what I had written on the topic. His posts disprove that because as can be seen he introduced that phrase into this thread.

To use a phrase "Go figure".
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  The things that you're liable
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life
                  Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

The textual evidence is there for you to read...
                    I'm not that petty.

Comment

You do not consider his propensity to make false allegations is a cause for concern, even if they are because of his impaired memory?
                      We never hold it against you, so...

It's hard to remember everything everyone has written in every thread from even a few days ago.

Basically here is how I see it:

You made a comment about Special Pleading.
                      Rogue made a quip about you having Special Needs, as a turn of phrase.
                      You commented about how Special Needs even applies to gifted children

And we are off to the races.

No lies. Rogue just forgot the order of events. He was still correct about you starting the discussion about Special Needs, just wrong about you bringing up the term first. He did it first as a joke.
                      Last edited by Sparko; 05-16-2024, 10:45 AM.

Comment

It's hard to remember everything everyone has written in every thread from even a few days ago.
                        It is incumbent upon the individual to ascertain their facts.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Basically here is how I see it:

You made a comment about Special Pleading.
                        Rogue made a quip about you having Special Needs, as a turn of phrase.
                        You commented about how Special Needs even applies to gifted children
                        Then you evidently cannot read.

The first person to use the phrase "special needs" was rogue06 not me.

"It ain't necessarily so
                        The things that you're liable
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life
                        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

It is incumbent upon the individual to ascertain their facts.

Then you evidently cannot read.

The first person to use the phrase "special needs" was rogue06 not me.

I said that. but then you immediately mentioned that Special Needs also referred to gifted children which set off the argument.

Here:

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          "Special pleading"?

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                          My error. I intended your flagrant self promotion as if you are a special individual.
                          We're all special. In different ways. Like you are special... special needs, apparently.
                          Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                          Point of information the phrase special needs also applies to highly gifted children.

Comment

I said that. but then you immediately mentioned that Special Needs also referred to gifted children which set off the argument.

Here:

We're all special. In different ways. Like you are special... special needs, apparently.

If I have my H-Aisms right... that was naught but a mirthful observation.

Comment

If I have my H-Aisms right... that was naught but a mirthful observation.
                              Anything for her to start arguing about. But I don't care because this is her thread so she can derail it all she wants.

Comment

Anything for her to start arguing about. But I don't care because this is her thread so she can derail it all she wants.
                                But, it's a bacon thread, no?

Comment