Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why do Evangelicals support a pervert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Evangelicals support a pervert?

Why are Evangelicals determined to elect a pervert? Are you not aware? Is it because you only care when the candidate's policies aren't agreeable to you? Or, he's good at shaping his message for "itching ears"? He certainly reminds me of some church leaders. Or, he promises to take away personal freedoms from individuals that you don't like?

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." -- Maya Angelou

There was a tape recorded on October 7, 2016, and I don't know if I can link to it because it contains profanity. Hopefully there's enough detail that it can be easily found online and you can listen for yourself. It was originally released by Access Hollywood. Basically Trump brags about how easy it is for him to commit to sexually assault women because he is famous. Trump has, of course, dismiss that interpretation of the tape, calling it "Locker room talk." However, no one talks like that, unless they engage in that behavior. For our purposes, the recording is a confession.

I remember around the same time, several women came out of the woodwork to reissue their allegations against Bill Clinton. At the time Hillary was campaigning, and she had to fend off accusations that she either was silent or attempted to silence some allegations. (https://web.archive.org/web/20171118...g-bill-clinton) The fallout was pretty damning, and given the number of accusers. There was previously a lawsuit from Paula Jones was actually settled out of court. (https://web.archive.org/web/20230320...ones111498.htm) I think at this point we can agree that at least some of those allegations are true. If we cannot agree on that, I will state that it's completely unbelievable that every single woman who make an allegation is lying, for one reason or another.

Now that we established some goal posts, let's talk about the many women who accuse Donald Trump of sexual harassment or assault:
    (Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/list...ry?id=51956410)
    Jessica Leeds
    Kristin Anderson
    Jill Harth
    Cathy Heller
    Temple Taggart McDowell
    Karena Virginia
    Bridget Sullivan
    Tasha Dixon
    Mindy McGillivray
    Rachel Crooks
    Natasha Stoynoff
    Jennifer Murphy
    Jessica Drake
    Ninni Laaksonen
    Summer Zervos
    Cassandra Searles
    E. Jean Carroll
    Amy Dorris
    Again, it's totally possible that some of these women are lying for fame, or other personal gain. However, it's unbelievable that not a single one is telling the truth.

Up to 2015, Donald Trump owned the Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants. During that time he would just stroll into the dressing rooms and oogle at the girls and women in various states of undress. Trump himself admitted to doing this to Howard Stern:
    Originally posted by Creeper in Chief
    "You know they’re standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that."
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7357866.html

In particular, Miss Teen USA would have actual underage girls, as young as 15. Several witnesses had come forward, including Tasha Dixon, Mariah Billado, and others who stayed anonymous. (See also https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...iverse-191860/)

Regarding the case of Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal, I almost chose not to mention them. They allege that Trump committed adultery with them. In particular, the affair with Daniels is alleged to happen while Melania Trump was nursing his youngest son. Daniels claims that she agreed to sleep with him for a role on Celebrity Apprentice, which he later reneged. Whether you believe this is likely to depend on whether you already concluded that Donald Trump is a scumbag. However, consider these facts from the Hush Money trial: During the 2016 campaign Trump had Daniels paid $130,000 suppress her story, and he had McDougal paid $150,000 suppress her story. He paid Micheal Cohen a total $420,000 to arrange for and hide these payments. The reason he's in court now is in the effort he put in to hide these payments. (They payments themselves were legal, but they were not legally reported, and the books were cooked the hide them.) Trump denies having any affairs, but his actions and his expenditures lend plausibility to the allegations. Why not just let the stories come out like many of the other stories of the time? If there was no truth to them, they wouldn't have impacted the election.

All of this information is presented for reference. Readers are encouraged to look up more information on these subjects. However, the question remains, why do Evangelicals support Donald Trump, who is a sexual pervert?

Originally posted by VonTastrophe View Post
    Why do Evangelicals support a pervert?
    They're supporting Biden now?

jb.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

jb.jpg
      Don't forget Maria Piacesi.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

All of this information is presented for reference. Readers are encouraged to look up more information on these subjects. However, the question remains, why do Evangelicals support Donald Trump, who is a sexual pervert?

As a pragmatist, Trump is ~Biden and is ~DNC.

If you want to go down the pervert road, the left is much more perverted but I can only take so much looking into all of it and would rather not get into a pervert contest. If women felt they were assaulted by Trump, they were free to press charges at the time of said assault.
        Last edited by Diogenes; 04-26-2024, 02:24 PM.
        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." -- Maya Angelou
          DivineOB/Liconafan97?

Comment

Why are Evangelicals determined to elect a pervert?
            The courts, there are 42 Vacancies in the Federal Judiciary presently, with more to come. Trump appointments pushed the court right which overturned Roe, something neither Reagan, Bush 1 or 2 did. Many states have restricted abortions saving perhaps thousands of unborn lives going forward. Biden believes in unrestricted abortion. Sexual harassment/assault vs. saving babies? Easy call...And I'll add open borders...
            Last edited by seer; 04-26-2024, 03:19 PM.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

As a pragmatist, Trump is ~Biden and is ~DNC.

If you want to go down the pervert road, the left is much more perverted but I can only take so much looking into all of it and would rather not get into a pervert contest. If women felt they were assaulted by Trump, they were free to press charges at the time of said assault.
              Point of information, "the left" in that it consists of more than one individual is not putting forward a group potential presidential candidate.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

jb.jpg
                Has she accused him of rape?
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Has she accused him of rape?
                  Not to quibble, but do rapists qualify as "perverts"? Or is it grown men who have a sexual appetite for their prepubescent daughters?

Comment

Not to quibble, but do rapists qualify as "perverts"?
                    I would consider rape as a perversion.

Or is it grown men who have a sexual appetite for their prepubescent daughters?
                    What evidence is there for that concerning Biden?

We do know that Trump expressed an "appreciation" for his own daughter!

ETA and didn't he make a comment concerning a child he had spoken to in his Trump Tower building that in ten years he would be dating her?

Not forgetting the Access Hollywood tape of course.

Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 04-26-2024, 04:44 PM.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Ashley Biden's diary.

A crude compliment, perhaps. Considering he said it in public to the public. But I'm not going to defend Trump's weird comments. My point is that when it comes to "perversion", Biden wins.

Comment

Ashley Biden's diary.
                        Oh we not digging up that long buried corpse are we?

A crude compliment, perhaps. Considering he said it in public to the public. But I'm not going to defend Trump's weird comments. My point is that when it comes to "perversion", Biden wins.
                        You replied while I was amending my post.

ETA and didn't he make a comment concerning a child he had spoken to in his Trump Tower building that in ten years he would be dating her?

"It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Now is him raping her the ONLY way that showering with her would qualify? Given that was your implication by asking if she accused him of rape.

Comment

Why are Evangelicals determined to elect a pervert? Are you not aware? Is it because you only care when the candidate's policies aren't agreeable to you? Or, he's good at shaping his message for "itching ears"? He certainly reminds me of some church leaders. Or, he promises to take away personal freedoms from individuals that you don't like?

There was a tape recorded on October 7, 2016, and I don't know if I can link to it because it contains profanity. Hopefully there's enough detail that it can be easily found online and you can listen for yourself. It was originally released by Access Hollywood. Basically Trump brags about how easy it is for him to commit to sexually assault women because he is famous. Trump has, of course, dismiss that interpretation of the tape, calling it "Locker room talk." However, no one talks like that, unless they engage in that behavior. For our purposes, the recording is a confession.

I remember around the same time, several women came out of the woodwork to reissue their allegations against Bill Clinton. At the time Hillary was campaigning, and she had to fend off accusations that she either was silent or attempted to silence some allegations. (https://web.archive.org/web/20171118...g-bill-clinton) The fallout was pretty damning, and given the number of accusers. There was previously a lawsuit from Paula Jones was actually settled out of court. (https://web.archive.org/web/20230320...ones111498.htm) I think at this point we can agree that at least some of those allegations are true. If we cannot agree on that, I will state that it's completely unbelievable that every single woman who make an allegation is lying, for one reason or another.

Now that we established some goal posts, let's talk about the many women who accuse Donald Trump of sexual harassment or assault:
                            (Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/list...ry?id=51956410)
                            Jessica Leeds
                            Kristin Anderson
                            Jill Harth
                            Cathy Heller
                            Temple Taggart McDowell
                            Karena Virginia
                            Bridget Sullivan
                            Tasha Dixon
                            Mindy McGillivray
                            Rachel Crooks
                            Natasha Stoynoff
                            Jennifer Murphy
                            Jessica Drake
                            Ninni Laaksonen
                            Summer Zervos
                            Cassandra Searles
                            E. Jean Carroll
                            Amy Dorris
                            Again, it's totally possible that some of these women are lying for fame, or other personal gain. However, it's unbelievable that not a single one is telling the truth.

Up to 2015, Donald Trump owned the Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants. During that time he would just stroll into the dressing rooms and oogle at the girls and women in various states of undress. Trump himself admitted to doing this to Howard Stern:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7357866.html

In particular, Miss Teen USA would have actual underage girls, as young as 15. Several witnesses had come forward, including Tasha Dixon, Mariah Billado, and others who stayed anonymous. (See also https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...iverse-191860/)

Regarding the case of Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal, I almost chose not to mention them. They allege that Trump committed adultery with them. In particular, the affair with Daniels is alleged to happen while Melania Trump was nursing his youngest son. Daniels claims that she agreed to sleep with him for a role on Celebrity Apprentice, which he later reneged. Whether you believe this is likely to depend on whether you already concluded that Donald Trump is a scumbag. However, consider these facts from the Hush Money trial: During the 2016 campaign Trump had Daniels paid $130,000 suppress her story, and he had McDougal paid $150,000 suppress her story. He paid Micheal Cohen a total $420,000 to arrange for and hide these payments. The reason he's in court now is in the effort he put in to hide these payments. (They payments themselves were legal, but they were not legally reported, and the books were cooked the hide them.) Trump denies having any affairs, but his actions and his expenditures lend plausibility to the allegations. Why not just let the stories come out like many of the other stories of the time? If there was no truth to them, they wouldn't have impacted the election.

I hear you like DDOSing sites. Why be like that?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Now is him raping her the ONLY way that showering with her would qualify? Given that was your implication by asking if she accused him of rape.
                              I think you know my European views on human nudity.

Taking a shower with one's young child is not perverted - although evidently some here consider it necessary for a mother to wear a bathing costume when showering with her young daughters for fear they may they catch sight of The Shape of Things to Come!
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment