Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

London Police; You Look Jewish...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight
    If the policeman was just wandering around London and walked up to a Jewish person and said "you look Jewish, you shouldn't be in public, I'll arrest you if you don't go away", then absolutely yes, that would be anti-Semitism and totally unacceptable.
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Threatening to arrest someone for looking Jewish is something I can see you supporting and excusing it because it wasn't his physical appearance but his attire.
    You appear to be responding to your imagination, not to what was written.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

In the 13 minute video the bloke put his hands on a police officer aggressively. The police should have nicked him for that. Clearly the man was looking for trouble because he wanted to cross the road right throw the middle of the protest march, but the police would not let him do that.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

People are complaining because the police didn't let the bloke put himself in harm's way?
        Exactly. He was deliberately being a troublemaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          I rarely disagree with you, but this time I do.

There was nothing routine about this. The man was threatened with arrest for 'looking Jewish', and the Met Police Commissioner and the Mayor of London are being rightly condemned for the actions of one of their officers.
          No. The man assaulted a police officer. The mistake was that they should have nicked him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Yes, why should police attempt to contain a violent protest when they can harass an innocent bystander instead?
            Be was out for trouble. He wanted to arge his way through the protest.
            He assaulted a cop.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
              If a more detailed video is watched the officer can be seen expressing his concern for Mr Falter's safety.

A longer video of the exchange can be seen here: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...omment-protest
              Right, concerned for his safety, like a mob boss telling a restaurant owner, "Nice place you have here; it would be a shame if anything were to happen to it."
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

So the Jews show up to face anti Semitism and they are in the wrong? Were they going to start trouble?
                1) What anti-Semitism?
                2) That appears to have been Mr Falter's intent.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

No consequences?

The Police Commissioner and the Mayor of London have both been asked by the Prime Minister and Home Secretary to explain what happened and ensure it doesn't happen again. The commissioner has been forced to apologise, and is facing calls by MPs for his resignation.
                  So they have to file a report. Yeah that's just thing to discourage such behavior in the future. picardfacepalmthumb.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You appear to be responding to your imagination, not to what was written.
                    I guess it was just my imagination then that the officer told him that "you are quite openly Jewish" and threatened him with arrest if he didn't leave.

Notice, that it wasn't for what he was doing. It wasn't for how he was acting. It was for being "quite openly Jewish."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The Police Commissioner and the Mayor of London have both been asked by the Prime Minister and Home Secretary to explain what happened and ensure it doesn't happen again. The commissioner has been forced to apologise, and is facing calls by MPs for his resignation.
                      So they have to file a report. Yeah that's just thing to discourage such behavior in the future. picardfacepalmthumb.jpg
                      If you go back to responding to what people write instead of to what you want them to have written, I'll go back to respecting you.

Comment

I guess it was just my imagination then that the officer told him that "you are quite openly Jewish" and threatened him with arrest if he didn't leave.
                        No, it was your imagination that concocted something Starlight didn't say.
                        Notice, that it wasn't for what he was doing. It wasn't for how he was acting. It was for being "quite openly Jewish."
                        It was for what he was doing (attempting to walk through the protest march) and how he was acting (aggressively).

If you go back to responding to what people write instead of to what you want them to have written, I'll go back to respecting you.

Comment

The fact is the response is to demand a report from both of them. That is it. Maybe more will come about after those reports have been filed, but at this point that appears to be the sum of the actions: write up a report.

Yup. That will dissuade others from behaving in the same manner.

Comment

No, it was your imagination that concocted something Starlight didn't say.
                            I'm not citing star but rather what H_A posted, namely

So much for it being my imagination.

Perhaps you should be more concerned with your honesty first.

Comment

1) What anti-Semitism?
                              2) That appears to have been Mr Falter's intent.
                              Start trouble how? Was he going to attack the protestors? Say something untoward? Heaven forbid.
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

Be was out for trouble. He wanted to arge his way through the protest.
                                He assaulted a cop.
                                Then why did the Met apologize to him? And...

PM 'appalled' by police treatment of Jewish man

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cd130lp70x5o
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment