Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DJT and TDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post

I still wish DeSantis got some traction. Maybe next time...
    Yeah I would have voted for him over Trump. He is not perfect but seems more reasonable and knowledgeable than Trump on many issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yeah I would have voted for him over Trump. He is not perfect but seems more reasonable and knowledgeable than Trump on many issues.
      Yes, Trump spent three hours with him last week. Possible VP?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Yes, Trump spent three hours with him last week. Possible VP?
        That might be a good choice. Not sure they get along though. Trump was pretty nasty to him when he was running against him in the primaries.

Trump will probably pick a toadie who fawns over him. Like Ramaswamy. Although Ramaswamy seems too intelligent. Trump doesn't like anyone smarter than him.

The rumor mill is fronting Doug Burgham. I hope not. The guy is terrible.
        Last edited by Sparko; 05-13-2024, 01:32 PM.

Comment

No kidding, Biden finished a talk the other day and went to shake hands - no one there. On the other hand Trump had his biggest rally ever - 80-100 thousand in blue state New Jersey.
          Not just Trump's biggest rally ever, but the biggest "single purpose" political rally in the history of the United States.

According to officials in New Jersey, President Trump’s rally in Wildwood was attended by around 100,000 people. This makes this political rally the largest “single purpose” political rally ever held.

Almost all massive political rallies are a combination of entertainment figures and the political candidate. Bands, singers and music concerts used as the hook to draw in massive audiences. Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and to a lesser extent Bernie Sanders, used this construct; almost exclusively using the venue of colleges and universities for the optimal visual impact.

However, in the era of President Donald Trump he stands alone as the single entity able to draw such a following to his political rallies, speeches and events.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Not just Trump's biggest rally ever, but the biggest "single purpose" political rally in the history of the United States.

According to officials in New Jersey, President Trump’s rally in Wildwood was attended by around 100,000 people. This makes this political rally the largest “single purpose” political rally ever held.

Almost all massive political rallies are a combination of entertainment figures and the political candidate. Bands, singers and music concerts used as the hook to draw in massive audiences. Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and to a lesser extent Bernie Sanders, used this construct; almost exclusively using the venue of colleges and universities for the optimal visual impact.

However, in the era of President Donald Trump he stands alone as the single entity able to draw such a following to his political rallies, speeches and events.
            Obviously this means he is just like Hitler!

Comment

The man just does not possess enough charisma to win a nationwide race.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Some of the leftists were dumbfounded. In a Blue state?
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

The man just does not possess enough charisma to win a nationwide race.
                  As opposed to Biden?

Comment

A Fox News story puts the number at 40,000 and says football legend Lawrence Taylor also spoke but indicated that probably wasn't scheduled.

Newsweek is calling the size of the crowd a matter of controversy, but seems to stress that a significant number left before his 90 minute speech was done. Having been to a number of World Series games, and a couple of Super Bowls, I can tell you that a number of folks will leave early -- even when the game is tied. My father was one such person. It's all about getting ahead of the rush.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The rumor mill is fronting Doug Burgham. I hope not. The guy is terrible.
                      He was up front in the New Jersey rally. I don't now much about him.

Comment

As opposed to Biden?
                        Not so much now, but old Joe used to be fairly charismatic. One thing often said about him was that he's likeable.

Comment

Not so much now, but old Joe used to be fairly charismatic. One thing often said about him was that he's likeable.
                          I guess old poop pants lost a few steps...

Comment

He has only himself to blame for stabbing the people of Florida in the back, aligning himself with all the wrong people in Washington, and then running one of the most lackluster and inauthentic campaigns I've ever seen from a major candidate.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

DeSantis lost me when he went to war with Disney over Disney's speech.

Comment

A Fox News story puts the number at 40,000 and says football legend Lawrence Taylor also spoke but indicated that probably wasn't scheduled.

Newsweek is calling the size of the crowd a matter of controversy, but seems to stress that a significant number left before his 90 minute speech was done. Having been to a number of World Series games, and a couple of Super Bowls, I can tell you that a number of folks will leave early -- even when the game is tied. My father was one such person. It's all about getting ahead of the rush.
                                I've seen numbers anywhere from 20,000 to 100,000 - most of the latter coming from Trump - which makes them dubious to me given his history. I don't even have a guess as to what his actual numbers were.

I'm not sure why this is a surprise, though. Trump has his "base" whipped up into a frenzy and they are responding. Numbers don't make something "right" or "wrong" (except in the scientific method). It just means his cult of personality has deep and broad roots.
                                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment