Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Purging of RINOs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Congress can over ride a veto (and not signing a bill is what is called a "pocket veto"). Considering by how much this particular piece of legislation passed it looks certain that they would over ride it.
    I realize the process, but apparently from Tassy's and JimL's comments they did not. They assumed that Congress was doing it while Trump stood impotently by.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I realize the process, but apparently from Tassy's and JimL's comments they did not. They assumed that Congress was doing it while Trump stood impotently by.
      Thats funny Sparky. You obviously erred, you probably forgot about the veto overide authority of congress, we correct you, and then you claim it was us who didn't understand in the first place. I get it though, no one likes to be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Thats funny Sparky. You obviously erred, you probably forgot about the veto overide authority of congress, we correct you, and then you claim it was us who didn't understand in the first place. I get it though, no one likes to be wrong.
        Sure, Jimmy, try to save face. But, we all can go back and read what you and Tassy wrote. You were claiming it was a done deal that Trump had no say-so in.

You forget troll, The U.S. is a democracy, Trump is not a King. Sanctions against Russia, sanctions which Trump has no power to nullify, have been passed by Congress.
        Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        The US Congress will make Russia suffer not Trump.

Comment

Sure, Jimmy, try to save face. But, we all can go back and read what you and Tassy wrote. You were claiming it was a done deal that Trump had no say-so in.
          Hmm, so much for being generous. In the case we were referencing Sparky, it is a done deal, Trump has no say-so, thats why he is signing the sanctions bill. The original plan was obviously to lift the sanctions once Trump took office, which is what Gen. Flynns covert call to the Russians was all about, which is also why he is no longer NSA. Now that Putin understands that Trump can't lift the sanctions, now, nearly 7 months after the fact, he decides to retaliate by throwing U.S. personell out of Russia.

Comment

Hmm, so much for being generous. In the case we were referencing Sparky, it is a done deal, Trump has no say-so, thats why he is signing the sanctions bill. The original plan was obviously to lift the sanctions once Trump took office, which is what Gen. Flynns covert call to the Russians was all about, which is also why he is no longer NSA. Now that Putin understands that Trump can't lift the sanctions, now, nearly 7 months after the fact, he decides to retaliate by throwing U.S. personell out of Russia.

I accuse you of ignorance and you have to double-down and prove I am even more right.

Comment

I accuse you of ignorance and you have to double-down and prove I am even more right.
              Now thats what i call irony. Lol.

Comment

JimL and Tassman are not wrong in this instance; the sanctions were passed by a veto-proof majority, so Trump can't do anything about it.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  JimL and Tassman are not wrong in this instance; the sanctions were passed by a veto-proof majority, so Trump can't do anything about it.
                  Well, there have been several instances of folks voting for something but then turning around and not voting for it in order to overturn a veto, but this passed so overwhelmingly it is virtually impossible for it to happen here.

Still, we live in some mighty strange times politically speaking so nothing would surprise me.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                    Spicer and Priebus out...guess who's left in charge now??

Chapter 2 of reign of Trump begins!!
                    Oh well, two out of three ain't bad.

Chapter Three anyone?

rossum

Comment

Comment

It was ALIENS!!! Aliens, I tell ya!
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment