Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court: Gay Vs. Religious Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

says the liberal whose philosophy is to tell everyone what they have to do and that they have to agree with them or they are racist bigots.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      That deserves a round of applause. Clappity, clap.
      Are you serious FF? Are you really this hypocritical?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Are you serious FF? Are you really this hypocritical?
        You're reading it wrong.
        He was applauding because I won the internet with a single link.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
          You're reading it wrong.
          That must be it!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Interesting question for historian Timothy Snyder at 26:25.
            The answer is roughly as follows but listen to the question first. Considering tyranny, is the first thing to go freedom of religion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh9fZkrFEKE

Comment

You're reading it wrong.
              I might just be your biggest fan.

Comment

The answer is roughly as follows but listen to the question first. Considering tyranny, is the first thing to go freedom of religion?

Number of Nuns/Priests send to death camps (for starters):
                Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_p...urch_in_Poland

I'd be interested to know how many judges (non-Jewish) ended up in death camps.
                HINT: You can count 'em on your left hand.
                Source: https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article...uleId=10007887
                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

I might just be your biggest fan.
                  You don't have much competition.

Comment

This non-Wiki source attests to the presence of about 1200 clergymen (400 of whom were Catholic priests) at Dachau (presumably when the camp was liberated). The Orthodox nun Maria of Paris was killed at Ravensbruck after her arrest for assisting Jews, and her companions died at the camp at Dora (after first having been sent to Buchenwald).
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

IOW ... Historically, the establishment churches as bodies haven't been as noticable as the individual members adherent to Christ?
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                        IOW ... Historically, the establishment churches as bodies haven't been as noticable as the individual members adherent to Christ?
                        To be fair, I don't see in Scripture that the church is supposed to be the 'lead organization' - individual Christians are supposed to be evidence for Christ.

The modern church has a problem with being overly organized and underly prioritized.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Christians supporting minority religious freedoms is what got us into our current situation.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            Christians supporting minority religious freedoms is what got us into our current situation.

Comment

My freedom of religion is already taken away in significant ways. That's despite my having used to support freedom of religion. If I am ever put in a position of power you're gonna recite the Nicene Creed or be deported to an atheist country like North Korea.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                My freedom of religion is already taken away in significant ways. That's despite my having used to support freedom of religion. If I am ever put in a position of power you're gonna recite the Nicene Creed or be deported to an atheist country like North Korea.
                                That would be despotism. Probably a little bit to the right of where Bannon wants to go.

Comment