Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Republican Health Care Bill Lie Exposed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I have to assume you're being sarcastic.
    I'm not. This is what I hope will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      I'm not. This is what I hope will happen.
      In that case...

What you propose would be even worse than Obamacare. What we need to do is get government out of the way and allow the free-market to do its thing. When the problem is government, the solution is not more government.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

In that case...

What you propose would be even worse than Obamacare. What we need to do is get government out if it and allow the free-market to do its thing. When the problem is government, the solution is not more government.
        The free-market solution won't create a social welfare floor beneath which living standards won't fall. This won't create a solution for the sick, the disabled, or those who are unemployed. No one except the government is capable of giving that on a consistent and thorough basis.

Comment

The free-market solution won't create a social welfare floor beneath which living standards won't fall. This won't create a solution for the sick, the disabled, or those who are unemployed. No one except the government is capable of giving that on a consistent and thorough basis.
          People won't work if you give them everything for free.
          I should think you'd know this, being from Denmark.

Here is Denmark before socialized medicine:

before.jpg.jpg

And here is Denmark after socialized medicine (the camera on your T.V. is not secured):

after.jpg

You make me sick.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

It's not the government's job to provide "a social welfare floor". That's far more efficiently and compassionately done on the local and community level. As you move up through the levels of government, the bureaucracy, corruption, and waste increasingly outweighs any good that could potentially be done.

To put it another way, government is the world's worst form of charity.

Comment

It's not the government's job to provide "a social welfare floor".
              Such a floor should be created one way or the other. No one, perhaps except for a Ayn Rand nut would think otherwise. If it could be done privately, or personally, I'd be all over that. It can't. No church, or charity organisation can come close to provide proper Healtcare and Welfare to all people who need it.

That's far more efficiently and compassionately done on the local and community level.
              If it could be done there, I'd be all over it. It can't.

As you move up through the levels of government, the bureaucracy, corruption, and waste increasingly outweighs any good that could potentially be done.

To put it another way, government is the world's worst form of charity.
              The danish healthcare system is reasonable efficient, in fact its more efficient than your insurance based healthcare system now or before ACA. And even if its the worst way to do things, its still better than not having it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                I see! Like Obamacare!!!

Impossible! Sounds like Obamacare!!!

Probably like Obamacare too!! (who knows what's in it???)
                You know who isn't a president right now? Obama.

You know who isn't running for president right now? Hillary.

I think everyone is tired of this kind of response from Trump supporters. It's nothing other than a distraction, and refusal to address an actual issue.

I sometimes wonder if it's a tacit admission that Trump is doing something terribly wrong, therefore triggering that amygdala in the trumpet brain, and then this somewhat defensive, fight or flight, reaction.

Deal with the issues, or let the grown ups talk.

Comment

Such a floor should be created one way or the other. No one, perhaps except for a Ayn Rand nut would think otherwise. If it could be done privately, or personally, I'd be all over that. It can't. No church, or charity organisation can come close to provide proper Healtcare and Welfare to all people who need it.

If it could be done there, I'd be all over it. It can't.

The danish healthcare system is reasonable efficient, in fact its more efficient than your insurance based healthcare system now or before ACA. And even if its the worst way to do things, its still better than not having it at all.
                  I reject your assertion that it is impossible for local communities and private organizations to provide a "social safety net", or that government can do a better job. The amount of corruption and financial waste at the government level is unconscionable.

As for America's insurance system, the one that Obamacare proposed to "fix", it only got to the state it was in because of government interference.

Comment

I'm not happy with how establishment Republicans have handled this, but I think it's hilarious that liberals are mad about the Republicans following the trail blazed by Obama and the Democrats which the low-info crowd was perfectly content with.
                    Mr. ironic, that statement just goes to show yourself to be one of those in belonging to low information crowd that you're always going on about.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Mr. ironic, that statement just goes to show yourself to be one of those in belonging to low information crowd that you're always going on about.
                        I guess you've forgotten about Nancy "We'll have to pass it before we can show you what's in it" Pelosi.

Comment

I guess you've forgotten about Nancy "We'll have to pass it before we can show you what's in it" Pelosi.
                          Nope, I don't forget the republican talking points, fact is the legislative process took much longer with plenty of time for republicans to read, understand, and offer amendments to the Obama care legislation. Problem is, in your personel ignorance, and bias, you are very easily influenced by talking points.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            Nope, I don't forget the republican talking points, fact is the legislative process took much longer with plenty of time for republicans to read, understand, and offer amendments to the Obama care legislation. Problem is, in your personel ignorance, and bias, you are very easily influenced by talking points.
                            It's hilarious that you really believe that. And a little bit sad.

----------

(Sept 2009) The Senate plans to attach Obamacare to a House-passed non-healthcare bill. Ironically, nobody knows what that legislation looks like, because it has not yet been written. Yet many members plan to rubber-stamp Obamacare without reading or understanding the bill.

The Senate Finance Committee worked furiously last week to mark up a "conceptual framework" of health care reform. The committee actually rejected an amendment by Sen. Jim Bunning (R.-Ky.) to mandate that the bill text and a final cost analysis by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) be publicly available at least 72 hours before the Finance Committee votes on final passage.

http://www.heritage.org/health-care-...pass-obamacare

Comment

It's hilarious that you really believe that. And a little bit sad.

----------

(Sept 2009) The Senate plans to attach Obamacare to a House-passed non-healthcare bill. Ironically, nobody knows what that legislation looks like, because it has not yet been written. Yet many members plan to rubber-stamp Obamacare without reading or understanding the bill.

The Senate Finance Committee worked furiously last week to mark up a "conceptual framework" of health care reform. The committee actually rejected an amendment by Sen. Jim Bunning (R.-Ky.) to mandate that the bill text and a final cost analysis by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) be publicly available at least 72 hours before the Finance Committee votes on final passage.

http://www.heritage.org/health-care-...pass-obamacare
                              Hey, I don't even need to read the stupid crap you post meat head, I remember, I followed the whole thing, there were many hearings and debates and amendments proposed even though it was perfectly obvious that the republicans were never going to vote for its passage. If you are trying to argue that this republican led process is the same in this case, well then, I'll just have to assume that you are just an easily led dunce.

Comment

Jimmy says, "Don't confuse me with the facts!"

Your refusal to read my sources just tells me that you don't want your delusions challenged by the truth.

Comment