Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Its official, Trump now under investigation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Then why did you also take his word for it? Never got that. The fact that WP made it up according to him would not rule out that there actually was an investigation. Trump was wrong like the anonymous sources if he is not under investigation. Very simple.

Are these rhetorical gymnastics of yours really easier than simply conceding that you were wrong? Look, it's okay to admit that the liberal media got this one wrong - again - and that maybe, just maybe, Trump really is innocent.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So...when JimL said, "Its official, Trump now under investigation," what he really meant was: "It's unofficial, Trump now under investigation?"

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Are these rhetorical gymnastics of yours really easier than simply conceding that you were wrong? Look, it's okay to admit that the liberal media got this one wrong - again - and that maybe, just maybe, Trump really is innocent.
        Trump was wrong. And both you and I took his word for it. That simple. We are in the same boat in this one. Only you and Spicer would claim something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          so he is not under investigation. fini.
          That appears to be the case, but who knows who to trust when we cannot even take the presidents words for it when he says he is under investigation? Not easy.

Comment

That appears to be the case, but who knows who to trust when we cannot even take the presidents words for it when he says he is under investigation? Not easy.
            you are reading too much into his tweets. He is a reactionary. He just reacted to the news he was under investigation. He probably thought "they don't tell me anything" - and just reacted to the story. he needs to check with his people before tweeting. Which is probably why he has gone quiet. His people probably convinced him to stop making these reactionary tweets and think first.

Comment

Trump was wrong. And both you and I took his word for it. That simple. We are in the same boat in this one. Only you and Spicer would claim something else.
              Give it up, Chuck, you lost this round.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

you are reading too much into his tweets. He is a reactionary. He just reacted to the news he was under investigation. He probably thought "they don't tell me anything" - and just reacted to the story. he needs to check with his people before tweeting. Which is probably why he has gone quiet. His people probably convinced him to stop making these reactionary tweets and think first.
                One can only hope.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Give it up, Chuck, you lost this round.
                  As long as I loose in the company of the Mountain Man himself I can live with that.

Comment

I don't know he is not guilty. I do know that there is NO EVIDENCE that says he is guilty. Without any evidence he is not guilty. Kinda the way it works.
                    Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were in on the investigation. Besides that, there is no proof, yet, but yes, there is evidence, you're just to biasedly blind to see it.

Comment

So now liberals want guilt and innocence to be based on opinion instead of evidence.

"I don't care about the facts, it's my opinion that he's guilty!"

Our opinions are based on the evidence MM. What you want to see is proof, otherwise you don't want to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        So...when JimL said, "Its official, Trump now under investigation," what he really meant was: "It's unofficial, Trump now under investigation?"

Nope, what I meant is that he is under investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Our opinions are based on the evidence MM. What you want to see is proof, otherwise you don't want to hear it.
                          What evidence? Insinuations, wishes, and anonymous sources which keep being proven wrong won't cut it. We'd love to see some proof. You'd love to show us some proof. You have nada, zip, zilch, zero, nothing - or it would be out there, instantaneously, all over the place.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

If there's dirt on Trump, then its not the stuff journalists think they've found. I said from the beginning that these rumors started by the Democrats are just distractions from the fact that the DNC picked the worst possible candidate, and that she simple lost straight up to Trump. There's no way about it. Presenting a picture of a Trump winning via corruption, rather than simple because he managed to use the media to his own advantage, by being outragious and anti-PC which forced them to write about him.... because he generated clicks. He got free publicity, and talked from his guts and connected with the lower and middle class.

The DNC wants to keep the status quo, they don't want to do any deep, hard, soul searching. They don't want to cut their ties to corporate backers, or do some house cleaning, or anything like that. They want everything to return to normal when Trump eventually is ousted, or leaves.

I think he'll sit out his term. He might not go for a second, though he might.

One thing I hope though, is that things don't return to normal and I hope to high heaven that Hillary doesn't try to run again.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              What evidence? Insinuations, wishes, and anonymous sources which keep being proven wrong won't cut it. We'd love to see some proof. You'd love to show us some proof. You have nada, zip, zilch, zero, nothing - or it would be out there, instantaneously, all over the place.
                              Ah, the Congress is already investigating Trump in their questioning of Dan Coates, Admiral Rogers, Jeff Sessions and Rod Rosenstein not to mention Comey himself. And when it is said that the Trump campaign is under investigation, well, the campaign encompasses Trump himself. The whole question of whether or not Trump is under investigation is silly. Of course he is.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                As I've observed before, to some people, Trump is a lying liar - except when he says something they want to be true, in which case he has to be taken strictly literally as speaking the gospel truth.

Comment