Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Its official, Trump now under investigation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Generally cover ups are not done in the open in the full light of day so to speak.
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Right, thats why Trump cleared the room before speaking to Comey.
    I love that reply.
    Last edited by Charles; 06-15-2017, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      This was not unexpected - but the only real crime here is the FBI leaks - if there are in fact leaks.
      Well done! Direct from the RNP list of Talking Points. They will be pleased to have such a loyal parrot:

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/875171018930872322

Actually the real crime, if proven, is Obstruction of Justice. Apparently Special Counsel Robert Mueller thinks there's sufficient reason to extend the investigation to Trump himself. We all knew this is where it was going.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Well done! Direct from the RNP list of Talking Points. They will be pleased to have such a loyal parrot...
        Tass, but that is a fact - these leaks are a crime. Is that crime OK with you?

Actually the real crime, if proven, is Obstruction of Justice. Apparently Special Counsel Robert Mueller thinks there's sufficient reason to extend the investigation to Trump himself. We all knew this is where it was going.
        I don't think Mueller had a choice but to investigate obstruction with so many high profile Demon-crats demanding it.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          I don't think Mueller had a choice but to investigate obstruction with so many high profile Demon-crats demanding it.
          Of course he had a choice, because it's an absurd allegation. But he's already made it clear that he's in the pocket of the Democrats and is going to do everything he can to give them what they want.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

On a related note, if this story turns out to be true, who on Mueller's team is leaking details to the press? Or is Mueller following the example of his good friend James Comey and leaking the information himself?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                Well done! Direct from the RNP list of Talking Points. They will be pleased to have such a loyal parrot:

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/875171018930872322

Where has Mueller confirmed that? His OWN statement, not "officials"
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Mind reading again, FF? You still suck at it.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Mind reading again, FF? You still suck at it.

Comment

Patsy Kline?
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Wake me up when there is some actual evidence of anything. This is more fake news.

The OP article is only quoting a Washington Post article, so basically they can't be bothered to write their own news. So let's follow the rabbit trail to the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.428f26b6c311officials said.
                        Investigators have also been looking for any evidence of possible financial crimes among Trump associates, officials said.
                        Trump had received private assurances from then-FBI Director James B. Comey starting in January that he was not personally under investigation. Officials sayspeaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, said
                        The obstruction-of-justice investigation of the president began days after Comey was fired on May 9, according to people familiar with the matter an official said.

Just more anonymous sources. You libs should have learned by now since you were so burned by these anonymous source stories in the past.

This is just more rumor-mongering.

When there is actual named official statements, get back to me.

yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Wake me up when there is some actual evidence of anything. This is more fake news.

The OP article is only quoting a Washington Post article, so basically they can't be bothered to write their own news. So let's follow the rabbit trail to the Washington Post.

Investigators have also been looking for any evidence of possible financial crimes among Trump associates, officials said.
                          Trump had received private assurances from then-FBI Director James B. Comey starting in January that he was not personally under investigation. Officials sayspeaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, said
                          The obstruction-of-justice investigation of the president began days after Comey was fired on May 9, according to people familiar with the matter an official said.

Just more anonymous sources. You libs should have learned by now since you were so burned by these anonymous source stories in the past.

yawn.
                          Hey, at least JimL provided a link. Maybe there's hope for him yet.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

yawn.
                            You seem to trust Trump on twitter: "I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...01471999864833

So, was it fake news that he was under investigation?

Comment

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ous-officials/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                You seem to trust Trump on twitter: "I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...01471999864833

So, was it fake news that he was under investigation?
                                That Tweet seems rather general in the sense that Mueller is, broadly speaking investigating Trump.

Here's what the President had to say specifically about the the Washington Compost story:

"They made up a phony collusion with the Russians story, found zero proof, so now they go for obstruction of justice on the phony story. Nice"

Comment