Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN: More Fake News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Do you mean like the short bus special?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

To their credit...

Source: CNN issues correction after Comey statement contradicts reporting

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Living outside of Atlanta where CNN is headquartered I've heard rumors from CNN employees that some of these "reports" from "anonymous sources" were simply made up by various "journalists" at the network. Hopefully they start investigating this.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        To their credit...
        No, credit will not be given.
        They do this kind of nonsense all of the time and this is a rare instance where they're getting busted.

How do I know?
        They'll generate more fake news tomorrow.

Letting repeat offenders skate because of a mumbled apology is a sign of mental illness.

NO. CREDITS. GIVEN.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Living outside of Atlanta where CNN is headquartered I've heard rumors from CNN employees that some of these "reports" from "anonymous sources" were simply made up by various "journalists" at the network. Hopefully they start investigating this.
          There will be no investigation because it's systemic. This isn't a one-off, it's CNN policy. They write stories based on what they want the public to think. They just never expected Comey to actually come forward with information that would refute them. But it's not CNN's fault, you see, because they were just reporting what they were told by their "anonymous sources", so a half-hearted retraction gets them off the hook. At least that's how they're going to play it, and then it's back to business as usual.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            There will be no investigation because it's systemic. This isn't a one-off, it's CNN policy. They write stories based on what they want the public to think. They just never expected Comey to actually come forward with information that would refute them. But it's not CNN's fault, you see, because they were just reporting what they were told by their "anonymous sources", so a half-hearted retraction gets them off the hook. At least that's how they're going to play it, and then it's back to business as usual.
            A fella can dream can't he?

Comment

To their credit...

Source: CNN issues correction after Comey statement contradicts reporting

Source

Too funny. You believe the rumors coming from fake news employees.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Too funny. You believe the rumors coming from fake news employees.
                Poor little Jimmy.

I didn't say that I thought they were true but given the fact that so many of the MSM's stories from "anonymous sources" were exposed today as being totally bogus it might be worthwhile investigating if there ever were "anonymous sources" in the first place.

Comment

Really, please present the evidence of obstruction or collusion James.
                  Jim Comey was fired for no other reason than refusing to end the Flynn-Russian investigation. First Trump tried to pressure Comey into halting the investigation, ordering everyone else out of the room in order that he could do so without witnesses, then when that didn't work, he tried to get Dan Coates and Admiral Rogers to intervene with Comey. Trump himself admitted as much in his broadcast interview with, whats his name, Holt. Comey has contemporaneous notes concerning the events, and Trump, who is known for his pathological lying, denies what Comey wrote down at the time. The president then had the Russians into the white house and bragged that he got rid of Comey and that should end the burden of the investigation. I mean, if that isn't evidence of obstruction, what do you call it?
                  Last edited by JimL; 06-08-2017, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Assumptions, Jimmy, not evidence!

Comment

Assumptions, Jimmy, not evidence!
                      Trump admitting it is what you call an assumption eh? You're too funny MM.

Comment

Jim Comey was fired for no other reason than refusing to end the Flynn-Russian investigation. First Trump tried to pressure Comey into halting the investigation, ordering everyone else out of the room in order that he could do so without witnesses, then when that didn't work, he tried to get Dan Coates and Admiral Rogers to intervene with Comey. Trump himself admitted as much in his broadcast interview with, whats his name, Holt. Comey has contemporaneous notes concerning the events, and Trump, who is known for his pathological lying, denies what Comey wrote down at the time. The president then had the Russians into the white house and bragged that he got rid of Comey and that should end the burden of the investigation. I mean, if that isn't evidence of obstruction, what do you call it?
                        I understand Jim, it was very disappointing day for you...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Trump admitting it is what you call an assumption eh? You're too funny MM.
                          Did you miss the part in today's testimony when Comey admitted that the President of the United States has the legal authority to ask the FBI to suspend an investigation?

Comment

Here you go, Jimmy.

Source: The Daily Caller

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/08/wa...-justice-case/

Notice that Comey admitted that Trump never directly asked him to end the investigation on Flynn.
                            Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-08-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Here you go, Jimmy.

Source: The Daily Caller

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/08/wa...-justice-case/

Notice that Comey admitted that Trump never directly asked him to end the investigation on Flynn.
                              I can't help but notice how nobody seems to be talking about how he said that Obama's attorney general Loretta Lynch instructing him to stop calling the inquiry into Hillary Clinton's behavior an investigation and instead use the the same term that the Clinton campaign was using (a "matter") made him feel uncomfortable as well.

Tellingly, CNN's chief national correspondent John King admitted that the MSM will pretty much ignore it.

Comment

I understand Jim, it was very disappointing day for you...
                                You asked for evidence seer, I gave you evidence, and this is all you have to say about it? Why did you bother asking?

Comment