Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN: More Fake News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Veritas busts CNN... supervising producer admits that the Trump/Russia conspiracy is "BS" and that he hasn't "seen any good evidence to show the president committed a crime".

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...l-for-ratings/

© Copyright Original Source

WARNING: Link has some profanity.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      One of my complaints about the MSM in the US is that they have traditionally taken Republican lies far too seriously. For decades, they would repeat "Republicans say X, Democrats say Y" with the implication being that they themselves had no idea which was true and that there was no way of telling, when in reality any well-informed person would know that X was a whopper of a lie and Y was true.

They strove strenuously to be seen as 'unbiased' and 'nonpartisan' and people like Anderson Cooper would say things like "I don't vote and I don't think any journalists should" with the implication that this makes the journalist non-biased. My view is that they should be doing the opposite of that: The journalists actually meet and talk to the politicians regularly, they have teams of fact-checkers at their service to tell them true from false, if anyone in the entire country is in a position to know which party to vote for it's the journalists themselves. They know which politicians work hard for the people and believe what they say, and they know which politicians are full of it and are dishonest. If anyone's in a position to vote informedly, it's journalists. They are in a position where they know more than anyone else, and it's their duty to share what they know with the country. It is not their duty to always call it 50-50 or present statements by politicians they know to be true and statements they know to be false to the viewers as if they were both equally valid statements.

I'm glad Trump has finally made the MSM in America realize they can't keep that false neutrality, and have to actually stand up for the truth and say things like "this politician keeps lying".

I agree with Mitchell Stephens that this change "is long overdue". I don't, however, agree with Rogue that the media ought to be extra nice to Republicans, when the current Republican party is off the rails. It is entirely fair for the media to be on the side of facts and sanity: Thus they ought to support the Democrats. The US media's failure to do so for the past couple of decades, and their ongoing pretense to the public that what the Republican party was saying was just as valid as what the democrats were saying, has caused America to become the utterly screwed up nation that it is now.

wow, so you WANT Journalists to poop out propoganda instead of being neutral? I bet you wouldn't be saying that if the MSM was all right-wing. Then it would be "The MSM is brainwashing Americans!!" "Fascism!!!" "Nazis" etc.

Journalists are nothing but media hacks today. They are just bloggers with a tie. They are not well informed. Heck they live in a little bubble with no clue what is going on in America. That is why they were all so surprised when Trump won, and the Republicans won again in the recent special elections. They don't have a clue what is going on. They just make up what they want in order to get ratings. They give their left wing audience what they want to hear. Then are surprised when thing don't work out the way they made up.

Comment

• Not to mention - suddenly the news is all about the other news outlet.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
          How about Shirley Sherrod, ACORN, Seth Rich, Obama "wire tapping Trump", and all of the climate change coverage? Just off the top of my head.

Not that you'll accept any of those examples.
          so, go ahead and actually show how they were fake news. list the actual story and show where the fake is in each one. Like breitbart did with the CNN story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            wow, so you WANT Journalists to poop out propoganda instead of being neutral? I bet you wouldn't be saying that if the MSM was all right-wing. Then it would be "The MSM is brainwashing Americans!!" "Fascism!!!" "Nazis" etc.

Journalists are nothing but media hacks today. They are just bloggers with a tie. They are not well informed. Heck they live in a little bubble with no clue what is going on in America. That is why they were all so surprised when Trump won, and the Republicans won again in the recent special elections. They don't have a clue what is going on. They just make up what they want in order to get ratings. They give their left wing audience what they want to hear. Then are surprised when thing don't work out the way they made up.
            Journalism is about facts Sparko, about reporting the facts, not about being neutral or about telling you what you want to hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Journalism is about facts Sparko, about reporting the facts, not about being neutral or about telling you what you want to hear.
              Yup ... I think journalists are an extinct species.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Journalists are nothing but media hacks today.
                Truth be told, journalism has never been a sacred profession. It has always been about profit and propaganda. Newspapers were traditionally started by rich businessmen who wanted to promote their point of view, and that really hasn't changed. The idealistic notion of a world-weary reporter working late into the night, doggedly pursuing the truth is more Hollywood than reality. The only real difference today is there are watchdogs watching the watchdogs, so the media can't get away with the stuff they used to.

Comment

Simply reporting the facts is being neutral and simply reporting the facts is exactly what the MSM has abandoned

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Truth be told, journalism has never been a sacred profession. It has always been about profit and propaganda. Newspapers were traditionally started by rich businessmen who wanted to promote their point of view, and that really hasn't changed. The idealistic notion of a world-weary reporter working late into the night, doggedly pursuing the truth is more Hollywood than reality. The only real difference today is there are watchdogs watching the watchdogs, so the media can't get away with the stuff they used to.
                    Personally I think it is in part how Hollyweird has portrayed reporters over the years that is responsible for the "advocacy journalism" that is so prevalent now.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Exactly. As an example we have this from Brietbart. President Obama speaking in celebration of the Muslim holiday Eid-Al-Fitr recognised "the many achievments and contributions made by Muslim americans to the building of the very fabric of our nation." The headline in Brietbart news read "OBAMA: Muslims built very fabric of america.
                      Good example of a misleading headline, Jim. It shows that editors of all stripes have a penchant for sensationalizing headlines. I don't like it in conservative outlets any more than I like it in liberal ones. Proof of this particular instance would be nice, though.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Facts are neutral, not biased.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Personally I think it is in part how Hollyweird has portrayed reporters over the years that is responsible for the "advocacy journalism" that is so prevalent now.
                          The primary concern of news organizations today is whether or not they can get sued for what they publish.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            Exactly. As an example we have this from Brietbart. President Obama speaking in celebration of the Muslim holiday Eid-Al-Fitr recognised "the many achievments and contributions made by Muslim americans to the building of the very fabric of our nation." The headline in Brietbart news read "OBAMA: Muslims built very fabric of america.
                            OK, so the headline accurately reflected the content of the article. What's your point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              OK, so the headline accurately reflected the content of the article. What's your point.
                              Er, if the headline accurately reflected the content of the article, then the article was wrong. "Contributions made to the building of the very fabric" is quite different in implication than "built very fabric".
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I am going to start calling these types of idiotic statements "Jimisms" - Yogi Berra has nothing on you.

Comment