Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Mexico governor suspends 2nd amendment rights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mexico governor suspends 2nd amendment rights...

Trial balloon? Or does this idiot really think this will stop criminals from using firearms?

New Mexico governor temporarily suspends open, concealed carry across Albuquerque: 'Violence at every turn'

New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham, a Democrat, issued an emergency order on Friday suspending the right to carry guns in public across Albuquerque and the surrounding Bernalillo County for at least 30 days following recent instances of gun violence.

The governor said she expects the order to face legal challenges but that she believed she needed to act in response to recent gun-related deaths, such as an 11-year-old boy who was shot and killed outside a minor league baseball stadium earlier this week.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...nce-every-turn
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Or stop shackling police and let them do their job. Or, arrest ILLEGAL gun carry by convicted criminals. And give anyone who uses a gun to commit a crime the maximum sentence, or eye for an eye. You kill someone with a gun illegally, you get the firing squad.

I don't think what she did is constitutional or legal. The state legislature would have to pass new laws and restrictions, not just an order by the governor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I don't think what she did is constitutional or legal. The state legislature would have to pass new laws and restrictions, not just an order by the governor.
      Since when do leftists care about what is constitutional?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Since when do leftists care about what is constitutional?
        When it serves their purposes

Comment

Governors saw what they were able to get away with during the China flu pandemic using the pretense of "public health emergency", so why wouldn't they try abusing their authority again to push their agenda?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Trial balloon? Or does this idiot really think this will stop criminals from using firearms?

They just keep pushing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

When it serves their purposes
              What I found most interesting is that she said that her oath to Constitution (by which I shall presume includes her duty to uphold it) isn't absolute

“I can invoke additional powers," Lujan Grisham said. "No constitutional right, in my view, including my oath, is intended to be absolute."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Seer is right. It's a trial balloon, otherwise doing it for just 30 days makes no sense (though one could argue nothing Dems do makes much sense). She and whoever she's coordinating this with want to gauge the public outcry.
                Last edited by seanD; 09-09-2023, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Sounds like the police may be reluctant to enforce this nonsense.

Albuquerque police chief Harold Medina responded to the governor’s order by making clear he will not enforce it. Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen indicated he is concerned the order violates New Mexicans’ constitutional rights.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...-self-defense/
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Sounds like the police may be reluctant to enforce this nonsense.

Albuquerque police chief Harold Medina responded to the governor’s order by making clear he will not enforce it. Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen indicated he is concerned the order violates New Mexicans’ constitutional rights.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...-self-defense/
                    Not only should they not enforce it, but they should arrest her. The fact they don't, means she won.

Comment