Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White supremacists love DeSantis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White supremacists love DeSantis!

...or not.

Rolling Stone got caught selectively editing.

[Language warning]

Rolling Stone magazine gathered no moss with its reporting that the neo-Nazis protesting in Florida over the weekend are DeSantis supporters. They weren’t DeSantis supporters and thanks to backlash, the magazine had to issue a correction for the mention.

When one of the marchers yelled, “We’re all DeSantis supporters!”, that was the only part of the quote the article printed. The correction to the article reads:
    UPDATE 9/4/23 11:52pm: The original version of this article quoted a marcher as saying, “We’re all DeSantis supporters!” without including his second remark, “F*** Ron DeSantis! Ron DeSantis is a joke. Ron DeSantis is a joke.” The story has been updated.

Oh. Yeah, that last part of the quote shines a whole different light on the protesters’ motivation.

The leader of the protesters, Christopher Pohlhaus, is a Biden supporter.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

I can't really say I'm surprised at this point. Wasn't Rolling Stone one of the fine folks who published fake Sexual Assault allegations without vetting them? I think they were also one of the various news sites that declared a certain November Challenge (Whose Title I Probably Can't Say Without Getting Modded), "Alt-Right/White Supremacist Propaganda."
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      ...or not.

[Language warning]

Rolling Stone magazine gathered no moss with its reporting that the neo-Nazis protesting in Florida over the weekend are DeSantis supporters. They weren’t DeSantis supporters and thanks to backlash, the magazine had to issue a correction for the mention.

When one of the marchers yelled, “We’re all DeSantis supporters!”, that was the only part of the quote the article printed. The correction to the article reads:
      UPDATE 9/4/23 11:52pm: The original version of this article quoted a marcher as saying, “We’re all DeSantis supporters!” without including his second remark, “F*** Ron DeSantis! Ron DeSantis is a joke. Ron DeSantis is a joke.” The story has been updated.

Oh. Yeah, that last part of the quote shines a whole different light on the protesters’ motivation.

I guess the faux white supremacists (complete with tiki torches!) used in Virginia and who pretended to be Youngkin supporters, were busy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

...or not.

[Language warning]

Eagerly awaiting Juvenal and Hypatia coming here to claim we shouldn't pay attention to this story because the source is so terrible or a Russian front.

Comment

Like Saturday Night Live, Rolling Stone Magazine was actually relevant .... once. And that's when I paid for a 1-year subscription and they never delivered. I'm still angry. And that was around 1974.

Comment

The bigger issue, IMO, is the fact they believe they can indict someone for something totally beyond their control.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              The bigger issue, IMO, is the fact they believe they can indict someone for something totally beyond their control.
              Well since they are actually Biden supporters....

Comment

Rolling Stone needs to stick with writing about rock and roll, because they suck at hard news.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Rolling Stone needs to stick with writing about rock and roll, because they suck at hard news.
                  The word "hard" above is unnecessary.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There's something glaringly missing from the story under that headline. Can you spot it?

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

There's something glaringly missing from the story under that headline. Can you spot it?
                      I didn't see a link to the original story.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

It was there where they talked about the correction.

Comment

Scroll down in the story and the link is there with the second instance of the word correction

Comment

Included in the second paragraph (but listed as "The correction to the article" which could cause some confusion).

DRAT. I see that the mangy pirate already mentioned it.

RTT as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Included in the second paragraph (but listed as "The correction to the article" which could cause some confusion).

DRAT. I see that the mangy pirate already mentioned it.

RTT as well.
                              Getting slow.

Also the article is written by a Karen.

Comment