Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

McConnell, More Statue Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McConnell, More Statue Moments

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mcco...y?id=102761372

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Wednesday appeared to freeze again during a news conference in his home state of Kentucky.

Video showed the Republican senator speaking in Covington when he was asked by reporter about whether he will run for reelection in 2026. McConnell trailed off and was seen staring ahead for more than 30 seconds before an aide stepped in to ask if he'd heard the question...

Our country is being run by geriatric zombies.

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Wednesday appeared to freeze again during a news conference in his home state of Kentucky.

Video showed the Republican senator speaking in Covington when he was asked by reporter about whether he will run for reelection in 2026. McConnell trailed off and was seen staring ahead for more than 30 seconds before an aide stepped in to ask if he'd heard the question...

I'm surprised that the first instance, which looked like he was having a stroke and where he had to be helped leave the podium, was a one day story.

The joke now is whether to put an elderly doddering relative in a nursing home or have him run for Senate what with him and Dianne Feinstein who needs aides to constantly tell her what she needs to say and do next and is often confused.

Then of course there's Fetterman, who has improved little if any, and the "Big Guy" in the White House.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As long as Biden, Feinstein, and Fetterman are considered capable of executing their offices, I will considered McConnell able to do so as well.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Yep. I think both sides should be able to agree that these zombies need to retire. McConnell, Feinstein, Biden, Fetterman, Pelosi.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Yep. I think both sides should be able to agree that these zombies need to retire. McConnell, Feinstein, Biden, Fetterman, Pelosi.
          Pelosi isn't a zombie yet. Just occasionally pickled.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Pelosi isn't a zombie yet. Just occasionally pickled.
            Or maybe one of the zombies ate her brain already

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Or maybe one of the zombies ate her brain already
              ECREE. We'd find it passed out drunk somewhere.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Whatever happened to term limits? I forgot what happened to that issue, but obviously it must have been fought or disappeared due to public indifference.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Whatever happened to term limits? I forgot what happened to that issue, but obviously it must have been fought or disappeared due to public indifference.
                  It is a cyclic issue. The problem is that folks want term limits for the other guy. Their corrupt fossil is okay, but those outside the district/state have to go.

That and the fact that we regularly (or semi-regularly) experience "wave" elections where a large number of incumbents get swept out seems to satisfy the public for awhile.

Comment

Term limits would be great but honestly there should be age limits as well. Maybe retirement age qualification means the end of your eligibility. Or just straight up set it at 65 so they can't go and bump the retirement age up to get around that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Term limits would be great but honestly there should be age limits as well. Maybe retirement age qualification means the end of your eligibility. Or just straight up set it at 65 so they can't go and bump the retirement age up to get around that.
                      or competency tests. But that might disqualify half of congress.

Comment

You mean the "citizen legislator"? Where the legislator serves a maximum of 6 (or however many) years, then has to go back home and live under the laws he enacted?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

The problem with a mandatory retirement age is that many folks are still very sharp mentally in their eighties.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            The problem with a mandatory retirement age is that many folks are still very sharp mentally in their eighties.
                            We're seeing a huge problem in the airline industry where pilots are forced out due to age, but many are still quite capable.
                            On the other hand, many pilots hide their physical limitations because they know they'd be done.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What politician would ever agree to essentially voting himself out of a job?
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment