Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lt. Richard Collins III; murdered by Alt-Right terrorist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
    Right. The only savage beating you delivered in that thread was to your own reputation
    I have only one reputation that matters and it's not with any humans.

given that you:

1. believe the Gospels preach a racist Jesus Christ.
    2. believe that the story of Babel supports a segregationist God.
    Small correction: The Gospels DESCRIBE a racist Jesus and a segregationist God. There is no need for them to actively preach these things because what you call racism today did not even have a name back then (or throughout human history), it was simply the undisputed normal. The ancient word for "anti-racist" is "traitor".

I have no idea why you want to keep reminding people what you believe.
    "But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

Why would I deny Christ? Seems safer to deny my anti-rayciss self instead. The Real Christ, otoh, embarasses you in front of all your liberal friends, so you pretend He's something He isn't. Gonna have a tough time squaring that circle on Judgement Day.

If you want to have a discussion about it, see my reasoning to Mt. Man above.
    Your reasoning above says absolutely nothing about why you think this was a terrorist attack. If every murder by someone who happens to have a political ideology was considered terrorism I'm pretty sure Progressive Democrats would top that list by a mile.

Which is one again why you want to ride in here and white knight the alt-right again?
    guacamole
    There's no white knighting involved, it's obvious I am working my own self interest here because I consider the alt-right a superior alternative not just to progressivism but to dead, useless conservatism at all. To paraphrase a middle eastern saying, me against the alt-right. Me and the alt-right against conservatives. Me and conservatives against progressives. So I'll happily defend it when necessary. And make no mistake, your political ideology is worse than just about any that has ever existed. Odds are I'd even side with communists against progressives. Communism isn't intentionally suicidal and can at least be reformed from within since it usually just descends into a gangster state.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      In general alt-right is seething is a strange focus on race, mirroring the radical left.
      There's nothing strange about it, the left is openly trying to turn white people into second class citizens, the alt right is a reaction that formed as a result of this (among other things). The focus on race makes perfect sense to anyone who actually pays attention to modern politics.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        I view Westboro Baptist Church as a moderate Christian group. Unlike many other Christians, they don't support drilling holes into unborn babies heads and sucking out their brains. I reckon that makes them a better option than at least 30% of self-identified Christians. As far as extremists go, they are mostly known for being really, really mean in person. They probably top the scale at being mean, and if you think being mean is worse than the massacres facilitated by the guacamoles of the world, I guess you would feel the need to vigorously denounce them. My position on them remains a resounding "meh".
        The criteria you present here could be used to justify any group of wackos.
        You know the joke: "At least he made the trains run on time".

As for being mean, well, there is telling someone they're going to hell and then there is telling someone their son is in hell during the son's funeral. Whether or not that is true the upshot is that these people are sadistic media whores who amuse themselves by bathing in the tears of grieving mothers. These people are violent in absolutely every way they can get away with it.

Human law draws the line at physical violence whereas God recognizes no such line.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          There's nothing strange about it, the left is openly trying to turn white people into second class citizens, the alt right is a reaction that formed as a result of this (among other things). The focus on race makes perfect sense to anyone who actually pays attention to modern politics.
          Isn't there a part of you that would enjoy sitting back and blaming absolutely all of your problems on the brown man?
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
            Isn't there a part of you that would enjoy sitting back and blaming absolutely all of your problems on the brown man?
            No, I'd probably also blame the White Man tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
              The criteria you present here could be used to justify any group of wackos.
              Not really.

You know the joke: "At least he made the trains run on time".
              That joke is usually made about mass murderous dictators. I think you need some perspective here. AFAIK Phelps never killed anyone. This sounds like a low bar, until you realize you honestly can't say the same thing about the average liberal.

As for being mean, well, there is telling someone they're going to hell and then there is telling someone their son is in hell during the son's funeral. Whether or not that is true the upshot is that these people are sadistic media whores who amuse themselves by bathing in the tears of grieving mothers.
              Is that better or worse than destroying an old woman's flower shop or bakery because they won't cater to some fat lesbians' wedding?

These people are violent in absolutely every way they can get away with it.
              These people are not violent at all. How is twisting the word "violent" to mean the exact opposite any different from the usual craziness coming out of liberals' mouths?

Human law draws the line at physical violence whereas God recognizes no such line.
              How many violent crimes were in the 10 commandments and of the non-violent ones how many were even remotely close to what Westboro is doing? I vaguely remember God stoning people for the sin Phelps just pickets funerals about.

I'm not saying Phelps and Westboro aren't scumbags (they are), I'm just saying that if you actually stop and think about it so are a lot of other people. It's just that the Phelps engage in socially disapproved of scumbaggery.

A lot of people are saying "Thank God I'm not like that Phelps guy" when they should be saying "Lord have mercy on me the sinner". Because a lot of us you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I think a better course would be to repudiate your crazies in no uncertain terms. This is what Christians have been doing for quite awhile now. OTOH Muslims either tolerate theirs or fully embrace them.
                I think even in a tolerent big tent approach, I'm not sure Christians in general have enough in common with King James Onlyists like Westboro or Steven Anderson, they quite often make King James Onlyism required belief for salvation, either implicitly as with Anderson or explicitly as with Westboro. I think this at least renders them so highly heterodox and insular that they become their own cult. Which is quite often how they see themselves and operate.

Comment

Now the alt-right on the other hand is very strange. We've had proto alt-right terrorists before, but thankfully they're somewhat rare. Breivik who killed more than a hundred innocent people in Norway, was every bit an alt-righter with his focus on white nationalism and ethnical purity.

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                    Why doesn't the MSM call these murderers the terrorists that they are?
                    Okay, I will try small words: not all murder is terrorism.

See, that was easy!!!
                    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment