Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Special Counsel Appointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    I don't currently see any checks on the power of our oligarchs.
    They have it easier than dictators since they all deny responsibility when bad ideas fail.
    At least a dictator has to wear his failures.
    Nonsense.
    Judges make up stuff on the bench, redefine the clear meaning of words - our public officials take bribes from all over the world to sell out our interests - I'm not seeing a functional difference between our government and Russia.
    You're obviously not looking.

Comment

I'm not seeing a functional difference between our government and Russia.
      Obviously not--Russia is our government.

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Obviously not--Russia is our government.
        They just don't get it. Putin and Trump are just dividing up the world. I kind of hope we get New Zealand...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          So like Trump said, "It's a witch-hunt."

2017-05-19-599b8e0d_large.jpg
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Nonsense.
            You're obviously not looking.
            Where are the checks and balances that should have Hillary answering for lying to the FBI and for accepting bribes from Russia?
            (Bill Clinton accepted $500,000.00 from the Russian Government (via a Russian bank) as a speaking fee while Hillary was in the process of negotiating with Russia over Uranium)
            Source: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...investors.html

Where are the check and balances that should have Hillary answering for lying to the FBI and for destroying evidence in an ongoing investigation?
            Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC1Mc6-RDyQ

There are multiple instances where judges have completely flipped the meaning of well understood words on their ear so that they could legislate from the bench.

If you think back to the Bush years - how many times did he get away with grossly illegal things?
            He's living as a millionaire in Texas.
            Where are the check and balances for that guy?

I'll make a deal with you: Watch what Trump gets away with over the next four years.
            Maybe you'll come to understand we have an oligarchy - a set of privileged people who can do literally anything and get away with it.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

So like Trump said, "It's a witch-hunt."

It is just that this particular "witch-hunt" is about a possible obstruction of justice, collusion and so on... But your comment serves to show that you never seem to doubt Trumps description of reality.

Bear in mind that the writer is giving his personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                It is just that this particular "witch-hunt" is about a possible obstruction of justice, collusion and so on... But your comment serves to show that you never seem to doubt Trumps description of reality.

Comey, after looking at the evidence for felonious behavior on the part of Hillary Clinton, decided there wasn't enough for a case.
                I'm probably going to take Mountain Man's view of reality over, say, that of the former FBI director.

At this point I'd like to flip a coin to determine whether or not Hillary is charged.
                That way we'd have a 50% chance of doing the right thing instead of the current 100% change of allowing oligarchs to pardon their own.
                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Comey, after looking at the evidence for felonious behavior on the part of Hillary Clinton, decided there wasn't enough for a case.
                  I'm probably going to take Mountain Man's view of reality over, say, that of the former FBI director.

At this point I'd like to flip a coin to determine whether or not Hillary is charged.
                  That way we'd have a 50% chance of doing the right thing instead of the current 100% change of allowing oligarchs to pardon their own.
                  Now this whole line of reasoning is not based solely on Comey (far from) so if he is your reason for disagreeing, you need to rethink.

Comment

Now if only these months of investigations had found even a hint of evidence against Trump, then we wouldn't need a "special counsel" to find some. We're already seeing calls from Democrats to broaden the scope of the special counsel because they're determined to find Trump guilty of anything, even if it's for something unrelated to the original accusations. It's a classic witch-hunt.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Now if only these months of investigations had found even a hint of evidence against Trump, then we wouldn't need a "special counsel" to find some. We're already seeing calls from Democrats to broaden the scope of the special counsel because they're determined to find Trump guilty of anything, even if it's for something unrelated to the original accusations. It's a classic witch-hunt.
                      Clapper did not find evidence that meet the thresholds of "high confidence". That is a quite high threshold, so concluding based on that quote that there was no evidence at all, not even a hint, is plain out wrong or manipulating. I have covered this elsewhere but you seem to want to ignore the facts about Clapper.

"There was no evidence that rose to that level, at that time, that found its way in to the intelligence community assessment, which we had pretty high confidence in." And he continues to say: "That's not to say there wasn't evidence, but not that met that threshold."

The quote can be found here: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/12/po...-trump-russia/
                      Last edited by Charles; 05-19-2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Now this whole line of reasoning is not based solely on Comey (far from) so if he is your reason for disagreeing, you need to rethink.
                        Comey is an example of systemic abuse by the oligarchs that run this country.

It fascinates me that the left will find institutional racism in a local police force but then assume that when people go to Washington they change their nature and only look out for the good of all Americans. The left believes that the police class covers its own, that reports are falsified, that payments are made and yet when people become a Congressman that all of a sudden they are immune to that behavior. The culture of Cash, Cocaine, and Call Girls in Washington would sell your bum into slavery tomorrow if they could make a dollar doing it.

Comment

They do not want the truth, they want a hanging.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            The over-the-top bugged-eyed nonsense of the media is going to end in violence.
                            My only hope (evil though it may be) is that it takes them down as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                              The truth is that they did not find evidence that met the tresholds of "high confidence". Like Clapper has repeatedly said that is not to say that there was no evidence at all. As we all know, they sure did have the slightest hint, if they would have gone for anything. I have made Mountain Man aware of this quite many times.

Comment

Where are the checks and balances that should have Hillary answering for lying to the FBI and for accepting bribes from Russia?
                                (Bill Clinton accepted $500,000.00 from the Russian Government (via a Russian bank) as a speaking fee while Hillary was in the process of negotiating with Russia over Uranium)
                                Source: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...investors.html

Where are the check and balances that should have Hillary answering for lying to the FBI and for destroying evidence in an ongoing investigation?
                                Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC1Mc6-RDyQ

There are multiple instances where judges have completely flipped the meaning of well understood words on their ear so that they could legislate from the bench.

If you think back to the Bush years - how many times did he get away with grossly illegal things?
                                He's living as a millionaire in Texas.
                                Where are the check and balances for that guy?

I'll make a deal with you: Watch what Trump gets away with over the next four years.
                                Maybe you'll come to understand we have an oligarchy - a set of privileged people who can do literally anything and get away with it.
                                For the sake of argument lets assume that your above accussations are true and that some people get away with crimes, should we therefore do away with the system. Oft times people get away with crimes, unless they can be proven guilty. Your answer to that would be what? A strong man, a dictator? You think dictators, Tyrants, don't get away with crimes? Jailing thousands of journalists as Putin and Erdogan are guilty of, assassinating their opposition, appointing their corrupt associates into all places of power whether political or corporate, and lining their own pockets with the wealth of the country. Did you know that Putin is the richest man in the world?
                                I don't need to make a deal with you concerning Trump, I already know he is as corrupt as they come, whether he gets away with it or not with respect to his time office, remains to be seen.

Comment