Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Special Counsel Appointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    I'm not sure if he can. Trump did not appoint him...
    Yes he can, but if he does, then even the hardcore defenders of Trump would know its a cover-up. He can do it, and he can even get away with it, but then you can probably kiss the republican party, his enablers, goodby.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Yes he can, but if he does, then even the hardcore defenders of Trump would know its a cover-up. He can do it, and he can even get away with it, but then you can probably kiss the republican party, his enablers, goodby.
      I think Trump should immediately fire every special prosecutor that comes after him.
      If he gave the excuse of "Stop wasting my time and the taxpayer's money" I'd applaud him.

The use of special prosecutors/investigators is being used as a tool of evil to bring down a candidate that is from outside the Cash, Cocaine, and Call Girls party.
      The legal system is being used to keep the oligarchs in power - I'm for anything Trump does to break the stranglehold of the elite on our government.
      At this point he can have full dictatorial powers and murder all of Congress for all I care.

It is either that or the oligarchs spend us into a civil war.
      I'd rather a strongman step in and fix this thing before the oligarchs push us past the point of no return.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
        I think Trump should immediately fire every special prosecutor that comes after him.
        If he gave the excuse of "Stop wasting my time and the taxpayer's money" I'd applaud him.

The use of special prosecutors/investigators is being used as a tool of evil to bring down a candidate that is from outside the Cash, Cocaine, and Call Girls party.
        The legal system is being used to keep the oligarchs in power - I'm for anything Trump does to break the stranglehold of the elite on our government.
        At this point he can have full dictatorial powers and murder all of Congress for all I care.

It is either that or the oligarchs spend us into a civil war.
        I'd rather a strongman step in and fix this thing before the oligarchs push us past the point of no return.
        Hey I think Darth has hacked Gerbil's account again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I didn't see anything to disagree with - did you?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            When judges change the meaning of words on the fly to suit their agenda...
            When representatives take cash from foreign governments to sell us out...
            When the rule of law isn't applied to all in the same way...
            When the oligarchs can use procedure to block the will of the people...

...it is time to recognize that the contract between the people and the government is null and void.

I'd like a strongman to reinstitute the rule of law.
            Rather Congress be massacred in the process than the rest of the nation.

Added: Any judge who has had a ruling that cannot pass a basic constitutional test should be hung.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Almost all politicians "are in it because of bad and selfish motives."
              I have no problem admitting it is a part of it. I just do not agree it goes for everyone all the time and that one can always explain their behaviour by pointing to bad motives.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                Almost all politicians "are in it because of bad and selfish motives."
                Certainly I think Trump is, judging by his behaviour and history, but to tar everyone with the same brush says more about you than politicians in general.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rt-mueller-fbi

Comment

Interesting!

Yes, the apparent "obstruction of justice" and possible "cover-up" may well be what brings him down...as it did with Nixon. And his pathological lying has long been predicted to undermine his credibility.

Comment

Let's look at this claim for just a moment.

Here is a media source that backs the claim with 'less than a couple of dozen' illegal votes being cast nationwide:
                      http://www.inquisitr.com/3811785/vot...ndred-at-most/

^--- That is an interesting study, given that CBS found several hundred dead voters in Greater L.A. alone:
                      Source: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...in-la-n2168330

How about in Detroit where more people voted than there are people?
                      Source: http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/26...iel-greenfield

How is it possible that the first website can be so terribly wrong?

Now what is interesting is that in greater L.A. we're talking dead voters only - that is, a vote that can be checked via the death records.
                      There is no way to check for other types of voter fraud because we don't require I.Ds.
                      Again, nobody has reliable numbers on this thing because we don't identify our citizens.

Do I think Trump is carelessly tossing around some hyperbole in his statement? Yes.
                      However, he is factually correct that voter fraud is a problem that needs to be addressed.
                      One party seems oddly reluctant to do exactly that.

Now if you want to be highly technical (probably a mistake when dealing with Trump's claims) only 3.5% of the votes cast would have had to been illegal for him to be correct.
                      I should think anything less than 5% fraud would be pretty good for such a large process with so very much at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        And the idea that at least some of them were actually looking for the truth never entered your mind?

It appears a bit too easy to just presuppose that everyone who wants this to happen are in it because of bad and selfish motives. Is it, in any way, better than what you blame others for doing, namely presupposing that Trump did something wrong and had bad motives?
                        They may have started with the intent to find the truth, but these things almost always swing political at some point.

I suppose the working theory here is "Hope for the best but expect the worst."
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So like Trump said, "It's a witch-hunt."

Comment

And "phantom crimes committed against him by his predecessor"? Several Obama administration officials, including Susan Rice, are ON RECORD admitting that Trump and his team were monitored by the Obama administration and that information deliberately leaked. Oh, but these are merely "phantom crimes". Right.

I may have to print out that editorial just so I can throw it in the trash where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                              When judges change the meaning of words on the fly to suit their agenda...
                              When representatives take cash from foreign governments to sell us out...
                              When the rule of law isn't applied to all in the same way...
                              When the oligarchs can use procedure to block the will of the people...

...it is time to recognize that the contract between the people and the government is null and void.

I'd like a strongman to reinstitute the rule of law.
                              Rather Congress be massacred in the process than the rest of the nation.

Added: Any judge who has had a ruling that cannot pass a basic constitutional test should be hung.
                              Well I think you would perhaps rather live in Russia or Turkey than in the U.S. where all of your above objections are in the control of one man with no checks on his power. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Well I think you would perhaps rather live in Russia or Turkey than in the U.S. where all of your above objections are in the control of one man with no checks on his power. Sad.
                                I don't currently see any checks on the power of our oligarchs.
                                They have it easier than dictators since they all deny responsibility when bad ideas fail.
                                At least a dictator has to wear his failures.

Judges make up stuff on the bench, redefine the clear meaning of words - our public officials take bribes from all over the world to sell out our interests - I'm not seeing a functional difference between our government and Russia.

Comment