Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Leftist Intolerance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
    Don't be daft. It doesn't suit you.
    No, I'm deadly serious. Are only Blacks, Hispanics, or Native Americans allowed to celebrate their heritage and identity?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      No, I'm deadly serious. Are only Blacks, Hispanics, or Native Americans allowed to celebrate their heritage and identity?
      When I want to go and celebrate my German heritage, then I enjoy Oktoberfest, or a German restaurant, or take in a performance at the German Cultural institute; I read Goethe, or listen to a Wagnerian opera. I go shopping at the Kris Kringle Markt. My Scottish friends have the highland games that they can go to, and Robert Burns dinners with haggis, neaps, and tatties. The Irish enjoy a St. Patrick's day parade. The Italians get arrested. (I jest.) The point is that those of us who enjoy European heritage have numerous occasions to celebrate our heritage without inviting that satanic serpent Spencer and his vile brood into association with us.

fwiw,
      guacamole
      "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
      Hear my cry, hear my shout,
      Save me, save me"

Comment

When I want to go and celebrate my German heritage, then I enjoy Oktoberfest, or a German restaurant, or take in a performance at the German Cultural institute; I read Goethe, or listen to a Wagnerian opera. I go shopping at the Kris Kringle Markt. My Scottish friends have the highland games that they can go to, and Robert Burns dinners with haggis, neaps, and tatties. The Irish enjoy a St. Patrick's day parade. The Italians get arrested. (I jest.) The point is that those of us who enjoy European heritage have numerous occasions to celebrate our heritage without inviting that satanic serpent Spencer and his vile brood into association with us.

fwiw,
        guacamole
        It doesn't mean I support Spencer all all that he believes. But celebrating European culture or cultures and heritage is perfectly valid. After all those cultures gave us the best political institutions and ideals in human history, the greatest inventions and technological advancement ever known. And yes, we Italians do tend to find ourselves on the wrong side of the law. It is an endearing quality... But let me ask you guacamole - blacks are "proud" because they are black - would you have a problem with whites being "proud" to be white?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          An appropriate response to Seer for creating the OP.
          Except, you may have noticed, it was not in response to seer.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Such a well thought out response...clearly reasoned and convincing.
            And apt. You forgot apt.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

The only Europeans that may acceptably celebrate their heritage are Scots.
              http://www.clanscottsociety.org/link...hEventsNA.html

Comment

It doesn't mean I support Spencer all all that he believes. But celebrating European culture or cultures and heritage is perfectly valid. After all those cultures gave us the best political institutions and ideals in human history, the greatest inventions and technological advancement ever known. And yes, we Italians do tend to find ourselves on the wrong side of the law. It is an endearing quality... But let me ask you guacamole - blacks are "proud" because they are black - would you have a problem with whites being "proud" to be white?
                I personally find it foolish to take pride in being something that you had no part in attaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  Oh sure - they guys who wear skirts!

Comment

It doesn't mean I support Spencer all all that he believes.
                    Of course, but let's not nod along with Spencer as though we agree with what he says when we know that he means different things than we mean.

But celebrating European culture or cultures and heritage is perfectly valid. After all those cultures gave us the best political institutions and ideals in human history, the greatest inventions and technological advancement ever known. And yes, we Italians do tend to find ourselves on the wrong side of the law. It is an endearing quality...
                    Of course it's valid.

But let me ask you guacamole - blacks are "proud" because they are black - would you have a problem with whites being "proud" to be white?
                    I have an issue with anyone being proud of their biology in the normal sense of "pride." I do not believe in some kind of vicarious imputation of greatness that comes from our ancestors. I enjoy their accomplishments and the fact that they made them because they enhance our lives; however, I am neither Goethe nor Cervantes, I designed neither the great Gothic Cathedrals of central Europe, nor the pyramids at Tulum and Coba.

I take 'pride' in being Mexican and German in the sense that I enjoy being Mexican and German and do not feel ashamed of my heritage--that when people try to belittle what and who I am, I recognize it as nonsense. I also recognize that for some people who have felt the very real effects of discrimination, the word "pride" takes an urgency for them that it does not take for me. For them it means, stand up for yourself and your community and demand that the rights that have not been extended to you are extended to you.

This is all very different from Spencer and his insipid alt-right white nationalism.

fwiw,
                    guacamole
                    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      http://www.clanscottsociety.org/link...hEventsNA.html
                      As long as they wear underpants, I have no issue with it.
                      Save me, save me"

Comment

I celebrate being German.
                        We were pretty darn close to taking over the entire world.

FWIW, we're planning on giving it another shot here real soon.
                        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                          I celebrate being German.
                          We were pretty darn close to taking over the entire world.

FWIW, we're planning on giving it another shot here real soon.
                          Merkel already exercises a control over Europe that Hitler and the Kaiser could both only dream of.

fwiw,
                          Deutschamole
                          Save me, save me"

Comment

And then the cancer that is the alt-right rears it's ugly head:

http://www.nbc29.com/story/35422510/...orters-at-park

The statues should stay because they are history, a reminder of the ugliness of our nation's past.

fwiw,
                            guacamole
                            Do you call racist blacks cancer? Spencer is just a white version of the average black Democrat.

Nevermind that Spencer only has a podium because he's a braindead idiot and the media can use him to embarass the rest of the right.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

One thing about Germans circa 1940: They were snappy dressers.
                              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                Do you call racist blacks cancer? Spencer is just a white version of the average black Democrat.

Nevermind that Spencer only has a podium because he's a braindead idiot and the media can use him to embarass the rest of the right.
                                Racism is intellectual cancer and a sign of weak-mindedness--black, white, hispanic, or otherwise. It posits that one's own problems and destiny are in the hands of others. It belies an intellectual passivity that asserts that success and failure are a result of breeding and winning a historical lottery, rather than will and action. To the extent that Spencer embarrasses the rest of the right happens to be to the extent that they allow themselves to be co-opted or nod along with him when he says things that seem reasonable.

The proper response to Spencer and his ilk (i.e., Farrakhan for an example from the other side) is derision.

fwiw,
                                guacamole
                                Save me, save me"

Comment