Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trust The Science!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

No, ox. I'm pointing out that using a fear tactic like "weird sounding ingredients" is dishonest. I see you have moved on from pity party to abusive and hateful. It's more honest, but I'm not sure it's any better behaviourally, or from a mental well-being standpoint.
    As to you point, rather than your urge to insult, the entire sequence against FF's point is anti-science bias. FF is referring to the long list of artificial preservatives and non food ingredients that are part of processed foods. The fact that any food can be described in chemical terms is both misleading an attempt to mock a valid scientific point - i.e. anti-science bias.. In a list of ingredients, strawberry is listed as 'strawberry', because it is a natural food. Monosodium glutamate, OTOH, is not, and for good reason is listed by its chemical name. Processed foods are much less healthy than the real deal, and a good number of our modern heath problems like diabetes and obesity, not to mention certain kinds of cancer and heart disease, are a consequence of eating so much highly processed food.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-26-2023, 08:51 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Abusive and hateful is at least more honest than his pity party
      He has, indeed, inspired me to be less harsh with ff and JimL, and Star has convinced me he's not so much "anti-Christian" as he is "anti-conservative", so I'm adjusting!!!

I'm still praying about how to handle H_A.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

As to you point, rather than your urge to insult, the entire sequence against FF's point is anti-science bias. FF is referring to the long list of artificial preservatives and non food ingredients that are part of processed foods. The fact that any food can be described in chemical terms is both misleading an attempt to mock a vilid scientific point - i.e. anti-science bias.. In a list of ingredients, strawberry is listed as 'strawberry', because it is a natural food. Monosodium glutamate, OTOH, is not, and for good reason is listed by its chemical name. Processed foods are much less healthy than the real deal, and a good number of our modern heath problems like diabetes and obesity, not to mention certain kinds of cancer, are a consequence of eating so much highly processed food.
        Well, when our lizard overlords force us to eat insects instead of real meat we'll all be much healthier AND thinner so this whole BMI thing will be moot.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Whew! Now I am not fat any more and when my doctor tells me to lose weight I can call him a racist! Cool beans.

Comment

No, a simple strawberry. That is just a list of "weird sounding ingredients" in a simple strawberry.
            Wow. So grandma was right when she insists that you wash them before eating them -- but then that exposes you to ingesting dihydrogen monoxide

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Thank you, once again, Saint James, for modeling how REAL Christians should treat their enemies. I'm taking copious notes and learning so much!
              As disingenuous as your comment is CP, you are correct in that I did to a certain degree respond inconsistently with ideal Christian behaviour. I will endeavor to do better.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                I can't hold a candle to you on that CP.
                Well, I don't pretend to be super-Christian lecturing others on how to treat their enemies, while engaging in hateful personal attacks.

You are the master of such vulgarity,
                "vulgarity"? VULGARITY!?!?!?

that and the hypocrisy
                Woah ---- hold it right there..... you're about to accuse me of hypocrisy while kicking others in teeth while scolding us to love and be kind.
                Jim, that's the very definition of hypocrisy.
                Only ONE of us has ever blown their stack so bad they've had to take a vacation, and only ONE of us has ever had to beg others not to provoke the anger - like it's OUR fault you have no self-control.
                So, please, don't talk to me about hypocrisy.

of actually demeaning holding high the admonitions of our Lord while at the same time preaching sermons on Sunday.
                Wow.... it looks like you're working up another steamer!!!

I don't preach a sissy Jesus, Jim. I don't preach that we need to be doormats to the world, and I CERTAINLY don't allow the social ills of this sinful world to pervert my Christianity.
                I don't pretend to be a righteous saint scolding others for not being nice.... your bitterness GUSHES out, Jim --- you can't control it.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He has, indeed, inspired me to be less harsh with ff and JimL, and Star has convinced me he's not so much "anti-Christian" as he is "anti-conservative", so I'm adjusting!!!

I'm still praying about how to handle H_A.
                  10' pole and industrial strength rubber gloves?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Well, when our lizard overlords force us to eat insects instead of real meat we'll all be much healthier AND thinner so this whole BMI thing will be moot.
                    Crickets taste like chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Crickets taste like chicken.
                      Doesn’t everything?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Doesn’t everything?
                        That ribeye darn well better not

Comment

That ribeye darn well better not
                          Yuh!

And I bet the new Frankenchicken doesn’t either!

Comment

This is so true --- and the "cheap food" at the supermarket is so often majorly carbs over protein, and it's sad to see so many obese people filling up their shopping carts with this "cheap food".
                            Most in the west get more protein than they need, despite all the messaging otherwise.

And carbs is a very vague umbrella term. Theres nothing wrong with carbs themselves, the issue is the overprocessing into simple carbs and lack of complex carbs (aka fruits and veggies), in the foods being sold

Comment

Yuh!

And I bet the new Frankenchicken doesn’t either!
                              Been invited to a Independence Day cook out and was asked how I like mine cooked so he will know when to put mine on the grill.

First steak I've had since last August!

Comment

Been invited to a Independence Day cook out and was asked how I like mine cooked so he will know when to put mine on the grill.

First steak I've had since last August!
                                Oh, my poor, poor friend. You need steak more often!

Comment