Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Grave robber Emmanuel Macron wins French election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Misogyny worthy of the creepy old genital-grabber himself.
    Why is it mysogyny rather than misandry?
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      That's the template.
      If something isn't racism, sexism, or homophobia they're not quite sure how to process it.

In the event they're not sure they pick one and keep up the accusation until the words are redefined.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Based upon your own misogynistic definition, i.e. "Older male = normal and acceptable. Older female = weird and creepy".

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
          That's the template.
          If something isn't racism, sexism, or homophobia they're not quite sure how to process it.

In the event they're not sure they pick one and keep up the accusation until the words are redefined.
          Like Trump's "fake news" mantra, you mean?

Comment

Like Trump's "fake news" mantra, you mean?
            Exactly.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Based upon your own misogynistic definition, i.e. "Older male = normal and acceptable. Older female = weird and creepy".
              But that's just to differentiate the two types, the creepiness doesn't come just from the woman. In fact the primary target here was Macron, not his wife. Seems to me you are the one engaging in traditionally sexist behavior by automatically assuming there is a damsel in need of saving here.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

But that's just to differentiate the two types, the creepiness doesn't come just from the woman. In fact the primary target here was Macron, not his wife. Seems to me you are the one engaging in traditionally sexist behavior by automatically assuming there is a damsel in need of saving here.

Comment

Who does that?

If you're referring to Trump's quote, as base and distasteful as it may be, the truth is he was describing women who were in the process of coming onto him. I'm not claiming that makes any of this right but there is a world of difference between grabbing some random woman on the street or grabbing some woman who is clearly on the hunt. Over here in the states a rich or famous man will have a dozen bimbos throw themselves at him per day. Some celebrities will have hotel rooms searched before entering, won't ride an elevator alone, cannot use the restroom alone because some gold digger will lay a trap.

There are two sides to this equation - and no, I'm not excusing bad men - but if you're a 20 something with your chest hanging out of your sequined blouse at those kinds of parties you're as much predator as prey.

Comment

So dried up old hags marrying nubile young men doesn't hold the same status in your mind as fat. oversexed old men marrying nubile young women*? Thanks for proving my point.

And again, idiot, I characterized the relationship as creepy, not just the female side. Relationships consist of more than one person. You OTOH seem exclusively focused on the Trump side of his relationship with a young and nubile post-menopausal woman.

*Not sure how Trump's 40 year old wife (married at 35) qualifies as "young and nubile" but whatever

Comment

Who does that?

If you're referring to Trump's quote, as base and distasteful as it may be, the truth is he was describing women who were in the process of coming onto him. I'm not claiming that makes any of this right but there is a world of difference between grabbing some random woman on the street or grabbing some woman who is clearly on the hunt. Over here in the states a rich or famous man will have a dozen bimbos throw themselves at him per day. Some celebrities will have hotel rooms searched before entering, won't ride an elevator alone, cannot use the restroom alone because some gold digger will lay a trap.

There are two sides to this equation - and no, I'm not excusing bad men - but if you're a 20 something with your chest hanging out of your sequined blouse at those kinds of parties you're as much predator as prey.
                      Yes, that is the main reason Trump caught so much flak from those comments. He said something everybody knows is true but you're not allowed to mention in polite society because it offends m'lady.

Comment

Yes, that is the main reason Trump caught so much flak from those comments. He said something everybody knows is true but you're not allowed to mention in polite society because it offends m'lady.
                        Men and women are equal.
                        Men can only be predators and women can only be victims.

^---- Two contrary ideas that a liberal mind can contain at the same time and manage to not see the conflict.

Comment

Men and women are equal.
                          Men can only be predators and women can only be victims.

^---- Two contrary ideas that a liberal mind can contain at the same time and manage to not see the conflict.
                          It's called double think.

Yep - we're inexorably being dragged into the world of 1984 by the extremist left.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Who does that?

It's called blaming the victim, a well known tendency of misogynist, sexist pigs like Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                              It's called double think.

Yep - we're inexorably being dragged into the world of 1984 by the extremist left.
                              You have it back-to-front. The Trumpian world of "alternative facts" and not to be questioned authoritarian pronouncements by Big Brother. is what 1984 is all about.

Comment

Trump doesn't take up arms to silence people that are critical of him, and doesn't take it upon himself to decide which words people are allowed to use. Faults he has, but dragging the world into 1984 is not among them.
                                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                                Scripture before Tradition:
                                but that won't prevent others from
                                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment