Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO!

Anyone who has watched the Russian Collusion Delusion, the Ukrainian Phone Call Hoax, Impeachment Circus I & II, and the J6 Clown Show, realizes that his indictment on charges that had to be made up understands that he is being persecuted by the left, but this...

...is bovine scat.

Trump is not Jesus nor should be compared to Him. Period.

To paraphrase the otherwise totally forgettable Lloyd Bensten during his debate with Dan Quayle...

I serve Jesus. I know Jesus. Jesus is a friend of mine. Trump is no Jesus.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

That is absolutely vile. The height of blasphemy.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Anyone who has watched the Russian Collusion Delusion, the Ukrainian Phone Call Hoax, Impeachment Circus I & II, and the J6 Clown Show, realizes that his indictment on charges that had to be made up understands that he is being persecuted by the left, but this...

...is bovine scat.

To paraphrase the otherwise totally forgettable Lloyd Bensten during his debate with Dan Quayle...

I've been done TELLING y'all, it's a straight up cult with Trump as the cult/religious leader.

and it aint nothing new:
      https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...226-story.html
      Last edited by Gondwanaland; 04-03-2023, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I recently had a friend compare Trump's persecutions to Christ - I briefly flipped out...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

sick

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I've been done TELLING y'all, it's a straight up cult with Trump as the cult/religious leader.

and it aint nothing new:
            Still not even close to becoming a sliver of the adoration and adulation heaped upon the Obamessiah though.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

and it aint nothing new:
              There are definitely some with cult levels of devotion to Trump. Remember the golden statue built in his honor? I think some started doing so as a joke but then eventually got sucked in. Others were just that out there the whole time.

Comment

Still not even close to becoming a sliver of the adoration and adulation heaped upon the Obamessiah though.
                Lololol. He's well beyond what Obama achieved in that respect my dude

Comment

Lololol. He's well beyond what Obama achieved in that respect my dude
                  Really? Are you serious?

I guess its time to repost some of the examples of how those on the left talked about their Obamessiah
                  • Like when Newsweek editor Evan Thomas was doing when he declared on MSNBC's "Hardball" to host Chris Matthews (who notoriously once said that he felt a "thrill up his leg" after saying "This is bigger than Kennedy. ... This is the New Testament," while covering then-Senator Barack Obama):

"I mean in a way Obama's standing above the country, above -- above the world, he's sort of God."

Sort of God.
                  • And when Ezra Klein gushed about Obama in The American Prospect that,

"He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh, over color, over despair. The other great leaders Ive heard guide us towards a better politics, but Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves, to the place where America exists as a glittering ideal, and where we, its honored inhabitants, seem capable of achieving it, and thus of sharing in its meaning and transcendence.
                  • And of course there's when Mark Morford, columnist and culture critic for the San Francisco Chronicle and SFGate.com, proclaimed that Obama "isn't really one of us" and how

"many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul."
                  • Or how Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., said in Politico: "The event itself is so extraordinary that another chapter could be added to the Bible to chronicle its significance."
                  • Or how Charlie Rangel (D-NY) would go to churches in his Congressional district in Harlem declaring that "God sent us Barack Obama."
                  • Or how Rep. Bobby Rush, D-Ill proclaimed: "I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered," Mr. Rush said, all other explanations failing. "I'm a preacher and a pastor; I know that that was God's plan. Obama has certain qualities that -- I think he is being used for some purpose. I really believe that."
                  • Or Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi calling Obama "a leader that God has blessed us with at this time"
                  • Or in her The Gospel According to Apostle Barack, released right before the 2012 election , Florida A&M professor Barbara A. Thompson equates Barack Obama to Jesus, and proclaims that his God-given mission is to bring "heaven on earth."[1]
                  • gospelapostlebarack.jpg
                  • Or how in a September, 2008 opinion essay in the Smith College Sophian titled "I Will Follow Him: Obama As My Personal Jesus," associate editor Maggie Mertens proclaimed "Obama is my Jesus." She went on to say

While you may be overtly religious and find this to be idol-worshipping, or may be overtly politically correct and just know that everything in that sentence could be found offensive, I'm afraid it's true anyway.

She went on to say she was in the "middle of a bleak, hopeless period of my life" but then

Then I found my miracle. Stumbling through my hopeless world, afraid to turn to anyone with my political questions of morality, my concerns about the afterlife of the country I called home, a voice spoke to me. Barack Obama bore to me his testimony...

She continued writing about how "I came to Jesus/Obama" and concluded

I've officially been saved, and soon, whether they like it or not, the rest of the country will be too. I will follow him, all the way to the White House, and I'll be standing there in our nation's capital in January 2009, when Barack Obama is inaugurated as the 44th president of the United States of America. In the name of Obama, Amen.
                  • Or how on November 25th, 2012 at the Soul Train Awards program, televised worldwide on the BET network, Jamie Foxx whipped up the large crowd attending the event to a hand-waving, jumping-up-and-down frenzy by shouting, "First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama! Barack Obama!"
                  • Or how Denmark's oldest largest newspaper Politiken on December 28, 2009 ran an editorial titled "Obama Greater Than Jesus: The U.S. president - the practical saviour of our times" It said, "He comes from humble beginnings and defends the weak and vulnerable, because he can identify himself with their conditions. And no we are not thinking of Jesus Christ, whose birthday has just been celebrated - but rather the President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama."

The newspaper stated that if a comparison were to be made between Jesus and Obama, "it would, of course, inevitably be to Obama's advantage." And this: "Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus - if we have to play that absurd Christmas game."
                  • Or German journalist Christoph von Marschall published a book, “Barack Obama – Der schwarze Kennedy,” that is, the black Kennedy.
                  • Or the cover of Germany’s Der Spiegel magazine: "Obama: The Messiah Factor." The sub-headline is "Barack Obama and the Longing for a New America."
                  • main-qimg-344ae1efe38f3704f2f1f2e40b5ef08c.jpg
                  • Or this from Lynn Sweet, Chicago Sun Times: "Obama, to me, must be not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul, come to lead America out of this mess."
                  • Or this from Steve Davis, Journal Gazette: "Barack's appeal is actually messianic...he...communicates God-like energy... What if God decided to incarnate as men preaching 'hope and change'? And what if we...let them slip away, not availing ourselves...to be led by God!"
                  • Or how Nation of Islam's Louis Farrahkan proclaimed Obama was the Messiah

"You are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."
                    00000000000000ab000-00aaam.jpg
                    Notice what's attached to the podium
                  • And let's not forget Barbara Walters saying how "they" thought Obama was the Messiah

A poster that was sold at the Democratic National Convention in 2012 displayed the head of Obama, which faded into a graphic of an open Bible with the headline "Prophecy Fulfilled."

To mark Obamas 100th day of presidency, artist Michael D'Antuono unveiled a painting that he had crafted called "The Truth" which depicted Obama in the oval office wearing a crown of thorns and raising his arms as if on the cross.

Depictions like this were hardly uncommon. Here is another called "The Hope can be a Cross" from noted artist and fashion designer Angelo Cruciani and displayed at Milan's trendy Galleria Voghera 11:

And a couple covers from Newsweek:

The fact is, the above exemplified the attitude that a substantial portion of his supporters believed. As Michelle Obama put it, "We have an amazing story to tell. This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light" (Matthew 4:16; cf. Micah 7:8)

And of course Obama himself intoned that the earth itself was reacting positively to his merely winning the Democrat Party's nomination (that "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.") so profound was his presence. Moreover he was fond of declaring that "a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" like he did at the Lebanon Opera House, New Hampshire in 2008.

And speaking of lights shining down from on high and resulting in epiphanies... Jonathan Alter the self-described liberal/progressive journalist, columnist and senior editor for Newsweek magazine for nearly 30 years and a mainstay at NBC for over 20 years related the following in his 2010 book The Promise: President Obama, Year One:

Rabbi David Saperstein, reading from Psalms in English and Hebrew, noticed from the altar that the good men and women of the congregation that day, including the Bidens and other ignitaries, had not yet stood. Finally Bishop Vashti McKenzie of the African Methodist Church asked that everyone rise. At that moment Saperstein saw something from his angle of vision: "If I had seen it in a movie I would have groaned and said, 'Give me a break. That's so trite.'" A beam of morning light shown [sic] through the stained-glass windows and illuminated the president-elect's face. Several of the clergy and choir on the altar who also saw it marveled afterward about the presence of the Divine.

Finally, there is the 2002 song "American Prayer" written by Bono of U2 and Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics that the latter did a version dedicated to Obama featuring a slew of celebutards like Forest Whitaker, Jason Alexander, Whoopi Goldberg, Margaret Cho and Joan Baez.

And this doesn't include the sores of videos on YouTube of teachers leading their classes reciting pledges to Obama, singing hymns dedicated to Obama and the like.

1. And they're not the only "disciples" to write their gospel of Obama
                  And that's an older post. I've picked up a good bit since then.

And note, this isn't just some clowns on the fringe you have never heard of like with Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

There are definitely some with cult levels of devotion to Trump. Remember the golden statue built in his honor? I think some started doing so as a joke but then eventually got sucked in. Others were just that out there the whole time.
                    Yes. And no, it wasn't.
                    e6312813-3b59-481b-885e-f9f1f6b0381e.jpg

Flag shorts, flipflops, massively oversized head and a Fairy Godmother Wand. Are you sure that wasn't supposed to be mocking him, cause it sure as heck wasn't flattering?

Let's see what the artist has to say, shall we?

Tommy Zegan says golden Trump sculpture is not an idol
                    The artist who created a 6-foot golden sculpture of former President Donald Trump — an immensely popular attraction at the Conservative Political Action Conference — bristled when liberal news media and other Trump foes compared it to the “golden calf” in the Bible.

The critics made the case that conservatives are, as in the story of the golden calf in Exodus, worshipping the false idol of Trumpism and turning away from the teachings of traditional Republican values.

But the critics are missed the point, said the sculptor, Tommy Zegan.

"This is not an idol," said Mr. Zegan, the son of missionaries and a former youth pastor and graduate of the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago who now works as an artist with a studio in Rosarito Beach, Mexico.

"Nobody is worshipping this. Nobody is making sacrifices to it. This is a sculpture and liberals don’t know the difference between a sculpture and an idol," he said. "That’s all I can say."

The comparisons to the golden calf were popular with liberal-leaning news outlets including Vox and The New York Times. NeverTrump Republicans also joined in.

After pointing out this was merely a copy of the original he made which was in steel

He said he created the sculpture because he was dissatisfied with the other sculptures of the former president.

"There was the naked Trump, the Baby Trump, him sitting on a toilet. I’m thinking, ‘Really, art community, is this the best you can offer our president?’" he said.

He came up with a representation of Mr. Trump that he described as more respectful but also comical: an image of Mr. Trump reimagined as the Barney Rubble character from “The Flintstones” cartoon.

So this is a reimagining of Trump as Barney Rubble that sort of fits in with the Baby Trump and Trump on a toilet -- those are what the artist cited as comparisons to it.

Comment

Yes. And no, it wasn't.
                      e6312813-3b59-481b-885e-f9f1f6b0381e.jpg

Flag shorts, flipflops, massively oversized head and a Fairy Godmother Wand. Are you sure that wasn't supposed to be mocking him, cause it sure as heck wasn't flattering?

Let's see what the artist has to say, shall we?

Tommy Zegan says golden Trump sculpture is not an idol
                      The artist who created a 6-foot golden sculpture of former President Donald Trump — an immensely popular attraction at the Conservative Political Action Conference — bristled when liberal news media and other Trump foes compared it to the “golden calf” in the Bible.

The critics made the case that conservatives are, as in the story of the golden calf in Exodus, worshipping the false idol of Trumpism and turning away from the teachings of traditional Republican values.

But the critics are missed the point, said the sculptor, Tommy Zegan.

"This is not an idol," said Mr. Zegan, the son of missionaries and a former youth pastor and graduate of the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago who now works as an artist with a studio in Rosarito Beach, Mexico.

"Nobody is worshipping this. Nobody is making sacrifices to it. This is a sculpture and liberals don’t know the difference between a sculpture and an idol," he said. "That’s all I can say."

The comparisons to the golden calf were popular with liberal-leaning news outlets including Vox and The New York Times. NeverTrump Republicans also joined in.

After pointing out this was merely a copy of the original he made which was in steel

He said he created the sculpture because he was dissatisfied with the other sculptures of the former president.

"There was the naked Trump, the Baby Trump, him sitting on a toilet. I’m thinking, ‘Really, art community, is this the best you can offer our president?’" he said.

He came up with a representation of Mr. Trump that he described as more respectful but also comical: an image of Mr. Trump reimagined as the Barney Rubble character from “The Flintstones” cartoon.

So this is a reimagining of Trump as Barney Rubble that sort of fits in with the Baby Trump and Trump on a toilet -- those are what the artist cited as comparisons to it.
                      I could have sworn there was a different one that was more respectable looking. Maybe I just remembered it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        I recently had a friend compare Trump's persecutions to Christ - I briefly flipped out...
                        They are wronger than wrong to make such comparisons.

Comment

...is bovine scat.

Apart from our Lord and savior Trump, you also don’t seem to have any faith in the US justice system. Think again. Pulling down the law is a very Trumpy thing to do - going along with it is how you worship him.

Comment

They are wronger than wrong to make such comparisons.
                            And he did it yesterday on Palm Sunday - he did apology though...
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Apart from our Lord and savior Trump, you also don’t seem to have any faith in the US justice system. Think again. Pulling down the law is a very Trumpy thing to do - going along with it is how you worship him.

Oh, the left loves to do that. Look at how they attack SCOTUS, or any case that ends in a decision they disagree with. (I.E. any BLM case).

Comment