Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abortion is immoral but a baby can suffocate minutes after birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Which is very commendable but does it continue through the child's life until they are old enough to take care of themselves? What about housing for the family? Healthcare? General welfare?

Again all very commendable but as above, at what point does your counselling and charity stop? Do you care for these children until they start college?
    Considering Cow Poke's daughter just adopted a set of twins, I am willing to guess they will take care of them for life.

But it is disingenuous of you to expect that once a mother doesn't kill her baby, that the person talking her out of it somehow is responsible for that mother and child for life. The mother made the decision not to kill her baby. She wasn't forced into that decision, she was given the facts and made the choice herself. The right choice. Nobody but the mother is morally and legally responsible for that child. But I guess you have to try to deflect the fact that you have lost this thread (again) so you try to find a way to blame religion for saving a baby's life as if it were something negative instead of something positive. You want to put us on the defensive when it is people like you who should be held responsible for the death of the child by supporting and promoting abortion.

Which brings up another point. If the mother finds out she can't cope with raising a child, she can give it up for adoption instead of abortion.
    Last edited by Sparko; 03-03-2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

There are no pro-choice organisations that actively campaign [often by harassment] to persuade women to have abortions.
      You think that abortion clinics are neutral on the idea of having an abortion, when abortion is how they make their money?
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Considering Cow Poke's daughter just adopted a set of twins, I am willing to guess they will take care of them for life.

But it is disingenuous of you to expect that once a mother doesn't kill her baby, that the person talking her out of it somehow is responsible for that mother and child for life. The mother made the decision not to kill her baby. She wasn't forced into that decision, she was given the facts and made the choice herself. The right choice. Nobody but the mother is morally and legally responsible for that child. But I guess you have to try to deflect the fact that you have lost this thread (again) so you try to find a way to blame religion for saving a baby's life as if it were something negative instead of something positive. You want to put us on the defensive when it is people like you who should be held responsible for the death of the child by supporting and promoting abortion.

Which brings up another point. If the mother finds out she can't cope with raising a child, she can give it up for adoption instead of abortion.
        Not to mention the niggling detail that if the mother truly cannot afford to raise the child she can put the child up for adoption. It isn't an either/or situation like abortion proponents pretend.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Not to mention the niggling detail that if the mother truly cannot afford to raise the child she can put the child up for adoption. It isn't an either/or situation like abortion proponents pretend.
          Or they could put the child up for adoption!

Comment

Or they could put the child up for adoption!
            Or, something that too many folks forget, they could put the child up for adoption.
            Last edited by rogue06; 03-03-2023, 12:13 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Somehow I get the feeling H_A would be the type of person who, if a dad balked about having to pay child support for 18 years, would retort with "Well, you should've thought about that before having sex, you knew a baby was a possibility"

Comment

• Except some proaborts think adoption is a fate worse than death. They think babies need to be slaughtered to spare them a life in a fallen world.
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Somehow I get the feeling H_A would be the type of person who, if a dad balked about having to pay child support for 18 years, would retort with "Well, you should've thought about that before having sex, you knew a baby was a possibility"
                  The retort would be "You should of had an abortion if you couldn't support a child". Abortion, as with all feminists "empowerments", backfires. It gives men the freedom to just pay for the abortion rather than be saddled with child support of even alimony and the woman just ends up a sex toy.
                  P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment