Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

UK woman arrested for silently praying across from abortion clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

In those buffer zones now so I understand. Outside the zone, a few metres from the clinic it is perfectly legal.
    The image you posted of the buffer zone clearly shows that you have to go well beyond a few meters from the clinic. You have to go several blocks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The image you posted of the buffer zone clearly shows that you have to go well beyond a few meters from the clinic. You have to go several blocks.
      The image I posted some days ago was for Ealing not Birminham.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

One could make the same argument regarding Derek Chauvin.
        Ah the usual leap to an extreme incident.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Given that is what you have repeatedly falsely claimed that is what she did originally, I'll take this assertion with a grain of salt, but what she is or is not doing now has absolutely nothing to do with her arrest for silently praying
        She has used silent prayer as a method of protest. However, the vote in March last year now prohibits prayer within the buffer zones. As MPs noted at the time an exemption to permit silent prayer risked creating a loophole for activists to exploit.

So, in your "considered opinion" reporting indicating that the police were already on-hand is nothing but "opinion"?
        See my later post to you with the comment from the arresting officer in March 2023.

Although it may be your "considered opinion" that she was "loitering" that was not the view of the arresting officers, the Secretary of State or the courts. But you know much better than they do, amirite?
        And since March 2023 she cannot stand in a buffer zone and silently pray and that explains why when in October 2023 the officer asked her if she was praying for unborn children she stated "No I am not". However, she did state that "I want to pray here today" and that got her a Fixed Penalty Notice.

"It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

We aren't talking about that incident bright eyes.
          As noted to Sparko events have moved on since this thread was started some fifteen months ago.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

[box]......The officer then says, "No, but you were still engaging in prayer. It is an offence," to which Ms Vaughan-Spruce answered: "I disagree." She was then arrested by six officers....
            Wow, SIX officers to arrest this one woman for silently praying. What a great example of resource management.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Her purpose is to draw attention to the plight of the unborn. Obviously, it's working quite well.
              Indeed or else they wouldn't be so concerned about "silencing" her.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wow, SIX officers to arrest this one woman for silently praying. What a great example of resource management.
                I agree it was somewhat excessive and a waste of so many officers' time.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Indeed or else they wouldn't be so concerned about "silencing" her.
                  Do tell us all how standing outside a clinic that provides abortions, and being fined for doing so, is progressing her cause.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I agree it was somewhat excessive and a waste of so many officers' time.
                    So, why do you think it happened? Why did it take six officers to manage this one totally peaceful unarmed citizen?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• In her own words, along with comments from Alliance Defending Freedom UK...

Comment

So, why do you think it happened? Why did it take six officers to manage this one totally peaceful unarmed citizen?
                        She's quite dangerous. She might thrust an unwanted pamphlet at them

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                          She's quite dangerous. She might thrust an unwanted pamphlet at them
                          Yes, she has shown herself to be quite violent and intimidating.

Comment

I haven't the slightest idea. I understand you have connections with the police in Texas, perhaps a personal email from yourself to the Chief Constable of the West Midlands might yield an answer.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I haven't the slightest idea. I understand you have connections with the police in Texas, perhaps a personal email from yourself to the Chief Constable of the West Midlands might yield an answer.
                              Mind-reading fails you all of a sudden?

Comment

It was those horizontally striped pants she wore during an earlier encounter.

Comment