Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Masks Don't WORK????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think that's what I was suggesting, Jim. You'd rather glare at us.
    Well there you go. Your response to look inward at your contribution is to point at the other fellow. Thanks for making my point.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-23-2022, 03:23 PM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Good advice. Give it a try.
      Same to you as to CP. And that is why this can never change. Only one of us ever takes stock of what they have they have done that has contributed to the problem. Only one of us is willing to change so that the problem might be solved
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-23-2022, 03:25 PM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I wouldn't say EVERY data set, because some don't rely on subjective decisions by influencing those doing the data collection and reporting.

So.... "because I said so, that's why".
        It's amazing how that works. He makes up "evidence" for a claim that's been shown to be just an opinion that isn't even true, and dismisses clear evidence against the claim as just "noise." Those are the perks of scientism. I don't think Christianity is very compatible with that, but that's just my personal biased opinion.
        Last edited by seanD; 12-23-2022, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Same to you as to CP. And that is why this can never change. Only one of us ever takes stock of what they have they have done that has contributed to the problem. Only one of us is willing to change so that the problem might be solved
          Well just reading your posts in this thread to me, it’s obviously that “one willing to change “ isn’t you. No matter what I say you claim I am your enemy and see every word as an attack. So like I said you believe what you want to.

Comment

Well there you go. Your response to look inward at your contribution is to point at the other fellow. Thanks for making my point.
            You might ask yourself, as a scientist, what (or who) the common denominator is here, Jim.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

MM - that just sounds like more made up stuff from the 'Covid is a plot to control us' crowd. To be sure, I suppose it is possible some guy somewhere fell off a ladder, died, and tested positive for covid and made it onto a covid death list due to a mistake of some kind. But it's just as likely some guy was on a ladder, fainted due to exhaustion caused by covid, and the conspiracy guy didn't bother to list that part of the story.
              You've never heard of "Covid-19 The Great Reset" have you? Not only do we have many politicians* with connections with the WEF pushing for more and more restrictions on freedom, but there are reports across the country of what Mountain Man describes. I know people who work in the medical field in my area, and they report intentional changes to the cause of death, as well as orders to add as many deaths as possible to the Covid-19 count, because there is more government aid given to areas with higher death counts regardless of their validity. According to people I know across the country the same thing is happening in their areas.

Further, the idea that sort of thing represents a sufficiently large percentage of recorded covid deaths to skew the record is absurd and would need hard evidence on a grand scale to rise above the absurd.
              It's not as absurd as you think, especially when the draconian measures taken to "protect" people from Covid-19 have led to a drastic increase in other causes of deaths. Such as people being too afraid to go to doctors for treatment for serious injuries/illness, increased rates in suicide due to increased depression related to lockdown measures, and more.

*Like Joe Biden for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Well just reading your posts in this thread to me, it’s obviously that “one willing to change “ isn’t you. No matter what I say you claim I am your enemy and see every word as an attack. So like I said you believe what you want to.
                I am not surprised that is what you see. What do you suppose my time off from TWEB was Sparko?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

You've never heard of "Covid-19 The Great Reset" have you? Not only do we have many politicians* with connections with the WEF pushing for more and more restrictions on freedom, but there are reports across the country of what Mountain Man describes. I know people who work in the medical field in my area, and they report intentional changes to the cause of death, as well as orders to add as many deaths as possible to the Covid-19 count, because there is more government aid given to areas with higher death counts regardless of their validity. According to people I know across the country the same thing is happening in their areas.

It's not as absurd as you think, especially when the draconian measures taken to "protect" people from Covid-19 have led to a drastic increase in other causes of deaths. Such as people being too afraid to go to doctors for treatment for serious injuries/illness, increased rates in suicide due to increased depression related to lockdown measures, and more.

*Like Joe Biden for example.
                  I am inclined to doubt those sorts of "I have head" reports, primarily because there is such a strong anti-science bias in and around the conservative, MAGA community. Reports of unseemly activity on a grand scale that can't be verified that fits right into the narrative that from the beginning was trying to say covid was a made up or exaggerated issue. Just having that suspicious mindset will make people think they see things they don't, as we saw with the election. They interpret actions that may well have a rational and real basis as suspicious, because they don't know all the facts and that us where their minds are focussed. And then, to top it off, some of those reports w I ll actually be real, further cementing the suspicion.

So without some sort of hard evidence of such things being real and operating on a grand scale, I just file them under "unlikely but not impossible".

This was a worldwide pandemic. You dont just need people lying in the US about the severity. You need peopke in england, france, spain, italy, germany, brazil, mexico, and so on. The percentage that died tended to be 1% to 5% prior to vaccines and depending on the level of care, age distribution and so on. After the vaccines that value dropped considerably.

That there are a percentage of the excess deaths that are related to scarcity of medical care is real. It is not so much that it could be a major factor however. Again, if you think US stats are 'too high', then remind yourself this was going on all over the world, and go look at the stats across the world and the variation across cultures and environments. Then you can get an idea of what the maximum possible exaggeration there might be in the US data, but if it still seems high you'd also need to factor in unusually high vaccine resistance for a 1st world country and so on.

Comment

I was totally prepared to get one of these:

hood.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You might ask yourself, as a scientist, what (or who) the common denominator is here, Jim.
                      have a merry Christmas CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        I am inclined to doubt those sorts of "I have head" reports, primarily because there is such a strong anti-science bias in and around the conservative, MAGA community. ....
                        I'm glad you led with that, because that's my impression --- your extreme bias is a result of your perception of an extreme bias from MAGA.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I am inclined to doubt those sorts of "I have head" reports, primarily because there is such a strong anti-science bias in and around the conservative, MAGA community. Reports of unseemly activity on a grand scale that can't be verified that fits right into the narrative that from the beginning was trying to say covid was a made up or exaggerated issue. Just having that suspicious mindset will make people think they see things they don't, as we saw with the election. They interpret actions that may well have a rational and real basis as suspicious, because they don't know all the facts and that us where their minds are focussed. And then, to top it off, some of those reports w I ll actually be real, further cementing the suspicion.

So without some sort of hard evidence of such things being real and operating on a grand scale, I just file them under "unlikely but not impossible".
                          So you're just going to ignore when the left was downplaying Covid-19? When Trump put a travel ban on China to try and mitigate the spread he was declared "racist", and that Covid-19 was nothing to worry about.

MAGA* types are far from the only "anti-science" people out there. Denial of acquired immunity, denial of the biological realities of sex, and even antivaccine(not to be confused with anti-vaccine mandate) are almost exclusively pushed by the left. Far left bias is just as strong of a motivator for people to reject conclusions they don't like. You yourself declared that I was "detached from reality", for merely being open to the possibility of a lab leak origin in regards to Covid 19, purely because you heard Trump say it was a possibility. Declaring certain investigations and possibilities off limits before a proper investigation has been conducted just because someone you dislike thought it was worth investigating is not a scientific mind set.

If it was just random people saying these things purely based on political leanings I would dismiss it too. However I know people from nurses all the way up to the doctors who are high ranking at hospitals. Some even left high paying jobs in part due to the corruption at nearly all levels.

This was a worldwide pandemic. You dont just need people lying in the US about the severity. You need peopke in england, france, spain, italy, germany, brazil, mexico, and so on. The percentage that died tended to be 1% to 5% prior to vaccines and depending on the level of care, age distribution and so on. After the vaccines that value dropped considerably.
                          The World Economic Forum has government officials the world over in their pockets, and they aren't particularly secretive about many of their plans. They are however ignored by mainstream media on the left and the right, because leaders on both sides benefit from the polarization they induce. This is a group that is actively trying to divide mankind so they can conquer it, and they are using fear, induced depression, totalitarian policies, over medication, and many other things to keep things going the way they want.

That there are a percentage of the excess deaths that are related to scarcity of medical care is real. It is not so much that it could be a major factor however. Again, if you think US stats are 'too high', then remind yourself this was going on all over the world, and go look at the stats across the world and the variation across cultures and environments. Then you can get an idea of what the maximum possible exaggeration there might be in the US data, but if it still seems high you'd also need to factor in unusually high vaccine resistance for a 1st world country and so on.
                          While scarcity of medical supplies is also a contributing factor, it's not one that I brought up. I brought up people being too scared of Covid to seek treatment for treatable illnesses due to constant fear mongering, depression induced suicide, and other issues that all contribute to the massive spike in deaths. The WEF, and their cronies around the globe have actively stoked the flames on all of those issues. Covid was, and is a threat, but there is significant evidence that the vaccines, masks, and lockdowns were not as helpful as they were touted to be. In fact they may be compounding the issue further. For a bit "unknown cause" was the leading cause of death in Alberta, Canada.

Both sides are voting in bad people, and both sides have bad ideas. The problem is they believe themselves more virtuous because they didn't vote for a specific monster. Rail against Kang(Trump**) all you want, but as long as you are voting for Kodos(Biden**) while doing so you are perpetuating the problem and no better than those you disdain so much.

*Nor does being a MAGA supporter equate to being "anti-science".

**Insert nearly any modern, and many past left and right wing politicians in there and the result wouldn't be much difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

So you're just going to ignore when the left was downplaying Covid-19? When Trump put a travel ban on China to try and mitigate the spread he was declared "racist", and that Covid-19 was nothing to worry about.

MAGA* types are far from the only "anti-science" people out there. Denial of acquired immunity, denial of the biological realities of sex, and even antivaccine(not to be confused with anti-vaccine mandate) are almost exclusively pushed by the left. Far left bias is just as strong of a motivator for people to reject conclusions they don't like. You yourself declared that I was "detached from reality", for merely being open to the possibility of a lab leak origin in regards to Covid 19, purely because you heard Trump say it was a possibility. Declaring certain investigations and possibilities off limits before a proper investigation has been conducted just because someone you dislike thought it was worth investigating is not a scientific mind set.

If it was just random people saying these things purely based on political leanings I would dismiss it too. However I know people from nurses all the way up to the doctors who are high ranking at hospitals. Some even left high paying jobs in part due to the corruption at nearly all levels.

The World Economic Forum has government officials the world over in their pockets, and they aren't particularly secretive about many of their plans. They are however ignored by mainstream media on the left and the right, because leaders on both sides benefit from the polarization they induce. This is a group that is actively trying to divide mankind so they can conquer it, and they are using fear, induced depression, totalitarian policies, over medication, and many other things to keep things going the way they want.

While scarcity of medical supplies is also a contributing factor, it's not one that I brought up. I brought up people being too scared of Covid to seek treatment for treatable illnesses due to constant fear mongering, depression induced suicide, and other issues that all contribute to the massive spike in deaths. The WEF, and their cronies around the globe have actively stoked the flames on all of those issues. Covid was, and is a threat, but there is significant evidence that the vaccines, masks, and lockdowns were not as helpful as they were touted to be. In fact they may be compounding the issue further. For a bit "unknown cause" was the leading cause of death in Alberta, Canada.

Both sides are voting in bad people, and both sides have bad ideas. The problem is they believe themselves more virtuous because they didn't vote for a specific monster. Rail against Kang(Trump**) all you want, but as long as you are voting for Kodos(Biden**) while doing so you are perpetuating the problem and no better than those you disdain so much.

*Nor does being a MAGA supporter equate to being "anti-science".

**Insert nearly any modern, and many past left and right wing politicians in there and the result wouldn't be much difference.
                            While I genuinely appreciate the time and effort you put into your posts, it grieves me how easily they are flushed down the toilet by an intended recipient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

While I genuinely appreciate the time and effort you put into your posts, it grieves me how easily they are flushed down the toilet by an intended recipient.
                              I'm kind of numb to that happening to most of my efforts, but I do appreciate the sentiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I'm kind of numb to that happening to most of my efforts, but I do appreciate the sentiment.
                                Well, from time to time, I can identify --- taking the time to carefully think through something, write it, edit it, walk away and come back, edit some more....

Then the huge flushing sound as it goes down the turlett.

HOWEVER - I'm used to that in ministry, as well. My job is to share Jesus in the Power of the Holy Spirt and leave the results to God.

WHO KNOWS - maybe we get through sometimes.

Comment