Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Masks Don't WORK????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masks Don't WORK????

Biden COVID Czar Decides Now a Perfect Time to Finally Admit Masks Don't Work That Well

Joe Biden’s COVID-19 Czar Dr. Ashish Jha recently emphasized the importance of indoor air quality as being more effective than masks could ever be when speaking to journalists from the Philly Inquirer.

Jha said: “Indoor quality has just not got the level of attention it deserves. Most experts believe that if we make some basic investments in indoor air quality, we can reduce all respiratory infections by 30, 60, even 80 percent. I mean, the notion that you could cut respiratory infections [using masks] — there is no study in the world that shows that masks work that well. So you’re never gonna get the kind of benefit from mandatory year round masking as you would from making substantial improvements in indoor air quality, plus it’s a lot easier to implement as well. So this is an area where we’re doing a lot and trying to encourage people to use the resources they have to make those investments and start really improving ventilation filtration.”

Video in link
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Biden COVID Czar Decides Now a Perfect Time to Finally Admit Masks Don't Work That Well

Joe Biden’s COVID-19 Czar Dr. Ashish Jha recently emphasized the importance of indoor air quality as being more effective than masks could ever be when speaking to journalists from the Philly Inquirer.

Jha said: “Indoor quality has just not got the level of attention it deserves. Most experts believe that if we make some basic investments in indoor air quality, we can reduce all respiratory infections by 30, 60, even 80 percent. I mean, the notion that you could cut respiratory infections [using masks] — there is no study in the world that shows that masks work that well. So you’re never gonna get the kind of benefit from mandatory year round masking as you would from making substantial improvements in indoor air quality, plus it’s a lot easier to implement as well. So this is an area where we’re doing a lot and trying to encourage people to use the resources they have to make those investments and start really improving ventilation filtration.”

Video in link
    Say it ain't so! I was reliably informed by the Branch Covidians that masks are highly effective and prevented Asians in Asian countries from getting covid and informed that I was a conspiracy theorist for saying they weren't!

Comment

Video in link
      And yet, masking (with n95) keeps people from getting covid or respiratory diseases - as evidenced by the pandemic and the multitude of doctors and nurses protected by them.

Could it be the point he is making is that focussing on indoor air quality may work better than asking people to mask, as opposed to 'masks don't work'. And that perhaps your source is distorting that message as part of its own bias?
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

And yet, masking (with n95) keeps people from getting covid or respiratory diseases - as evidenced by the pandemic and the multitude of doctors and nurses protected by them.

Could it be the point he is making is that focussing on indoor air quality may work better than asking people to mask, as opposed to 'masks don't work'. And that perhaps your source is distorting that message as part of its own bias?
        It's right there, Jim - it's OBVIOUS that he's focusing (ONE S!!!!! ) on indoor air quality, but, in the process, he throws masks under the bus.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's right there, Jim - it's OBVIOUS that he's focusing (ONE S!!!!! ) on indoor air quality, but, in the process, he throws masks under the bus.
          All he said is that they're not as important as air quality. The title of this thread is false and you're misrepresenting his statement to an absurd degree.

It's also not always practical, although institutions are woefully behind on this. In Ontario it took two YEARS for Ford to get off his enormous behind and implement it in schools. Easier for bureaucrats to just tell people to wear masks instead of trying to find money in the budget and logistics necessary to improve air filtration.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Btw, if that source represents what you think of as truth ... yikes!!!
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Our hospitals are now inundated with children suffering from RSV and other respiratory issues, due to the 2 year lockdowns and masking. Nobody has any natural immunity right now because of the ignorance of the "science".

We drowned ourselves in antibacterial hand washes. We masked up. We kept ourselves and our children hostage in our homes for 2 years! And then the government says, "Why is everybody suddenly sick?". We are sick because the governments wanted to control the population and our children are paying the price!

The science is an ass.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Btw, if that source represents what you think of as truth ... yikes!!!
                The SOURCE is Joe Biden’s COVID-19 Czar Dr. Ashish Jha, ya big lunk! And, yeah, I think he's a bloomin' idiot.

I really thought you were smarter than discounting something somebody said just because it was reported by a website or agency you don't like. Don't you claim to be a scientist?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  Our hospitals are now inundated with children suffering from RSV and other respiratory issues, due to the 2 year lockdowns and masking. Nobody has any natural immunity right now because of the ignorance of the "science".

We drowned ourselves in antibacterial hand washes. We masked up. We kept ourselves and our children hostage in our homes for 2 years! And then the government says, "Why is everybody suddenly sick?". We are sick because the governments wanted to control the population and our children are paying the price!

The science is an ass.
                  You'd rather there be another million dead from covid? It's not like there wasn't a serious danger associated with not isolating. The trick often is just figuring out which is worse, the rock, or the hard place.

Comment

And yet, masking (with n95) ....
                    Have you seen how people wear masks, Jim?

masks.jpg

At least his chin might be protected from Covid.

And how many people were actually wearing n95 masks?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

The science is an ass.
                      Well said.

Heck: Right now China is paying the price of it's idiotic 'Zero Covid' policies which took all of those things and dialed them up to 10 for several years.

Comment

Video in link
                        I don't know about masks, yet on a separate but related topic, what's happening in China is just more proof that lockdowns don't work, no matter how restrictive and brutal they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          ....The title of this thread is false and you're misrepresenting his statement to an absurd degree....
                          You went to public school, didn't you? Did you notice those four curvy things with dots under them after the words in the thread title? Them thar are called question marks.

As far as "misrepresenting his statement" - I actually included it, and referenced the video where you can see for yourself what he said.

Comment

Have you seen how people wear masks, Jim?

masks.jpg

At least his chin might be protected from Covid.

And how many people were actually wearing n95 masks?
                            It's the only kind I wear indoors with people. I do wear the surgical ones for filtering dust and allergens outside when I'm mowing the grass or riding a dusty trail.

How people wear them has nothing to do with how effective the mask itself is, but it is the reason improving indoor air quality might be more effective in many cases.

If the claim is masks dont work well because no one wears them correctly, then you might be on solid footing.
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-22-2022, 03:42 PM.

Comment

You'd rather there be another million dead from covid? It's not like there wasn't a serious danger associated with not isolating. The trick often is just figuring out which is worse, the rock, or the hard place.
                              You'd rather children die of diseases that they might have had immunity to if they had been allowed to be normal children, going to school and playing with friends and getting mildly sick from covid? I guess if we don't mind killing them before they're born it's a short distance to not caring if they die after they're born, as long as they're masked and vaxxed! Disgusting!

Covid "science" is very convenient, isn't it? Changed weekly, sometimes daily, contradicting itself ALL the time!

I also don't believe the numbers. I believe that the number of deaths was exaggerated.
                              Last edited by mossrose; 12-22-2022, 04:10 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment