Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Masks Don't WORK????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
    It never once looked like anything remotely close to what I've always pictured a pandemic looking like. Around here, it was business as usual, save a bunch of people wearing silly masks.
    I was a little surprised when we had another round of COVID cases in our community, even some touching our Church members, but these cases looked more like mild flu. In fact, one of our ladies was treated for flu - Tamiflu and everything - and wasn't getting better, so they tested her for COVID, and she's back on the mend. 89 years old and sharp as a tack.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Well said.

Heck: Right now China is paying the price of it's idiotic 'Zero Covid' policies which took all of those things and dialed them up to 10 for several years.
      China is probably not paying as much of a price (in fatalities) as they would have without the lockdowns, since the recent variants don't seem to be as virulent as the original virus.

And they would be paying even less of a price if they had used the time bought by the lockdowns to get more people vaccinated, with better vaccines.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        I have to agree with DE that the title of this thread doesn't quite represent the claim being made accurately. The statement was that masks comparatively do not work as well as air filtration, not that they do not work at all (otherwise surgeons wouldn't wear them in surgery at all). However, I understand how people can feel misled given that many claimed during the pandemic that masks were 100% effective (at work, there was an announcement made that covid time wouldn't be paid out because masks would keep you from getting it if you wore them, the implication being it's your fault if you catch it).
        Sounds like your work was just looking for an excuse not to pay people sick time. I don't remember anyone saying masks work 100%. AFAIK the CDC only claimed they're to protect others if you are sick.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The SOURCE is Joe Biden’s COVID-19 Czar Dr. Ashish Jha, ya big lunk! And, yeah, I think he's a bloomin' idiot.

I really thought you were smarter than discounting something somebody said just because it was reported by a website or agency you don't like. Don't you claim to be a scientist?
          1) The source is that Dan guy, and Darth executor already made the point wrt how the site distorted the situation.
          2) my comment was wrt the fact you even knew that Dan guy existed or that you'd post something from his site. Surely you'd have caught it somewhere else. OTOH, If that site is your style, we'll, that certainly is educational
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

You'd rather children die of diseases that they might have had immunity to if they had been allowed to be normal children, going to school and playing with friends and getting mildly sick from covid? I guess if we don't mind killing them before they're born it's a short distance to not caring if they die after they're born, as long as they're masked and vaxxed! Disgusting!
            It's a balancing act mossross. Id rather rather no one dies. But we didn't have that option.

Covid "science" is very convenient, isn't it? Changed weekly, sometimes daily, contradicting itself ALL the time!
            Covid itself, as well as our knowledge of it, was and is a constantly shifting target. the real issue is the disinformation you were fed about those doing the best they could to make effective policies and save lives in the millions

I also don't believe the numbers. I believe that the number of deaths was exaggerated.
            All the hospitals and all the doctors conspired together to pretend hundreds of thousands died of covid that did not?

That just isnt reality mossy. Its a perverse fantasy.

Have you been following what is happening in China? So many people are dyiare of covid the crematoriums are full and cars are lined up with bodies. They went from zero covid to what covid and now millions will die. There is space in between the extremes.
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-22-2022, 10:39 PM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's right there, Jim - it's OBVIOUS that he's focusing (ONE S!!!!! ) on indoor air quality, but, in the process, he throws masks under the bus.
              Let's not forget there's a vast difference between an n95 level mask that doctors and nurses use, and the cloth and dust masks that were pushed during the pandemic. That sort of spin borders on straight dishonest debating.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Let's not forget there's a vast difference between an n95 level mask that doctors and nurses use, and the cloth and dust masks that were pushed during the pandemic. That sort of spin borders on straight dishonest debating.
                They weren't 'pushed'. There was a shortage of n95's at first and it became clear that even a cloth or surgical mask, if worn by everyone, could help. They (cloth or surgical ) did not do a good job of filtering virus particles coming in, but they could stop outgoing droplets., which is how the virus tended to get into the environment.

Nevertheless, I managed to stumble across a Lowes that had ordered a pile of industrial n95s on a trip to NC, so I bought enough to get us through to when n95 production picked back up enough there was no longer a supply problem.

hence that is what I have used the entire pandemic.

Comment

So now they are probably going to try to force everyone to install HEPA filtration in homes and businesses. And of course all this will cost a lot so people will need subsidizing by the government, meaning they need to pass a new spending bill to fund it. And while they are upgrading their air filtration, they might as well upgrade to greener insulation and homes, since we only have about 10 years left of the 12 year deadline - so we should pass AOC's Green New Deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    So now they are probably going to try to force everyone to install HEPA filtration in homes and businesses. And of course all this will cost a lot so people will need subsidizing by the government, meaning they need to pass a new spending bill to fund it. And while they are upgrading their air filtration, they might as well upgrade to greener insulation and homes, since we only have about 10 years left of the 12 year deadline - so we should pass AOC's Green New Deal!
                    There is that 'they' again. But my guess is, if there is legislation, it will affect businesses of certain kinds, not homowners. I already use mirv 13 filters, and have ultraviolet in the air handlers to help kill pathogens.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

There is that 'they' again. But my guess is, if there is legislation, it will affect businesses of certain kinds, not homowners. I already use mirv 13 filters, and have ultraviolet in the air handlers to help kill pathogens.
                      "They" are "the liberals running the government" here Ox. Pretty obvious from the context of my post, no?

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I wouldn't be surprised if what I predicted actually happens in one form or another. The democrats will use any opportunity, or make one, in order to gain more control over the people.

Comment

"They" are "the liberals running the government" here Ox. Pretty obvious from the context of my post, no?
                        Well, it's only obvious if one has decided one group is all good rosy and pink, and the other group is no good filthy and grey.

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I wouldn't be surprised if what I predicted actually happens in one form or another. The democrats will use any opportunity, or make one, in order to gain more control over the people.
                        Only one group has tried to justify a violent attempt to subvert the certification of the duly elected president. And it's not the democrats.

So. If one is going to be inclined to be suspisious, we'd need to keep eyes on all of them, not just some.

Comment

Well, it's only obvious if one has decided one group is all good rosy and pink, and the other group is no good filthy and grey.

Only one group has tried to justify a violent attempt to subvert the certification of the duly elected president. And it's not the democrats.

So. If one is going to be inclined to be suspisious, we'd need to keep eyes on all of them, not just some.
                          I was going to actually bother responding to you, but I realized it was a waste of time.

Why don't you just become a Democrat officially and be done with this pretense of being a conservative Republican? You are fooling nobody except maybe yourself.

Comment

It's a balancing act mossross. Id rather rather no one dies. But we didn't have that option.

Covid itself, as well as our knowledge of it, was and is a constantly shifting target. the real issue is the disinformation you were fed about those doing the best they could to make effective policies and save lives in the millions

All the hospitals and all the doctors conspired together to pretend hundreds of thousands died of covid that did not?

That just isnt reality mossy. Its a perverse fantasy.

Have you been following what is happening in China? So many people are dyiare of covid the crematoriums are full and cars are lined up with bodies. They went from zero covid to what covid and now millions will die. There is space in between the extremes.
                            You have been deceived, Jim. The misinformation was spread by the governments and you drank all their Koolaid.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

You have been deceived, Jim. The misinformation was spread by the governments and you drank all their Koolaid.
                              Well, there is not much in the way of evidence or logic that can counter that, now is there ...

Comment

I was going to actually bother responding to you, but I realized it was a waste of time.

Why don't you just become a Democrat officially and be done with this pretense of being a conservative Republican? You are fooling nobody except maybe yourself.
                                I'm not a conservative Republican, nor am I a liberal Democrat. I'm for what is right, and against what is wrong. Which means, as the country polarizes more and more each day, I increasingly don't fit into either camp.

Perhaps you need to ask yourself why I upset you so much. Can you define exactly what it is im saying that makes you so upset? Is it something that should make you upset?

Comment