Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Ray Epps Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a[UOTE=Diogenes;n1432627]

i have posted video with Epps advocating to go into the Capitol. There is video of Epps at the breach. If you refuse to acknowledge these facts, do not post on this thread.[/QUOTE]

I edited my post read ro correct this. Read again the reference concerning the reasons the government arrested individuals involved with Jan. 6 insurrection.

There is no evidence that Epps was an FBI informant any more then there is for many hundreds the urged the assault on the Capital, but did not enter that were not arrested.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-30-2022, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

I edited my post read ro correct this. Read again the reference concerning the reasons the government arrested individuals involved with Jan. 6 insurrection.
      Do you acknowledge that 1) Ray Epps did indeed advocate going into the Capitol the night before and 2) Epps was at the barricade and spoke to someone right before the breach as evidenced by videos provided?

This is a Yes or No question.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Do you acknowledge that 1) Ray Epps did indeed advocate going into the Capitol the night before and 2) Epps was at the barricade and spoke to someone right before the breach as evidenced by videos provided?

This is a Yes or No question.
        Yes ho did, but hundreds of others that were not arrested likely did. Please reread the reasons why the people were arrested. The government only arrested those who entered the Capital.

What actual evidence is there that Epps was an FBI informant?
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-30-2022, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I read somewhere that Epps made several false charges towards the Capitol and encouraged the rest of the crowd to follow him. Is this true?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I read somewhere that Epps made several false charges towards the Capitol and encouraged the rest of the crowd to follow him. Is this true?
            Very possibly, but not substantiated. 'Read somewhere' is not meaningful. The bottom line is he did not enter the Capital. and the government has not arrested anyone who did not enter the Capital.

Comment

There is no evidence that Epps was an FBI informant any more then there is for many hundreds the urged the assault on the Capital, but did not enter that were not arrested.
              Reference the last 9 pages of arrests and charges on this 120-page list. They are mostly for curfew, not for trespassing.

https://www.insider.com/all-the-us-c...s-names-2021-1

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

What's also extremely bizarre is how the left seems to be covering for Epps. They give the impression that he's just an innocent guy targeted unfairly by the "rightwing." They're the ones forcing down our throats that J6 was the worse day in American history since 911, and this guy is on camera multiple times literally inciting the attack yet we're unfairly targeting him.
                I hadn't thought about that. Interesting how this allegedly right-wing Epps runs to the New York Times to give an exclusive and whines to them. Boy, talk about defecting to the Soviets.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Reference the last 9 pages of arrests and charges on this 120-page list. They are mostly for curfew, not for trespassing.

https://www.insider.com/all-the-us-c...s-names-2021-1
                  Only those that entered the Capital were arrested. Curfew arrests are not included and they were minor subject only to fines.

Comment

Only those that entered the Capital were arrested. Curfew arrests are not included and they were minor subject only to fines.
                    Not included in what? They are listed and were arrested for taking part. An arrest is an arrest.

Epps was telling people to go into the Capitol buildings and he was not arrested, yet people were arrested for curfew. Some people went on social media and only claimed to have been at the J6 event and were arrested. Epps was actually there - on video - egging people on, and he was not arrested.

Comment

Here is a montage of Epps from Twitter. He actually told people where the Capitol was and told people to go there. The last clip is Epps speaking to an individual at the barricade and then the barricade is breached. It seems during the CNN special Assault on Democracy: The Roots of Trump’s Insurrection, there is video of a person who looks like Epps on a tower with a Trump flag and talking on a phone. I have a clip of that, but I'm not going to post a Rumble link.
                      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I hadn't seen such a video (I'd like to). I do recall one video where a protestor accuses Epps of being an agent, shouting "Fed! Fed!" at him. Epps just slinks away, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I hadn't seen such a video (I'd like to). I do recall one video where a protestor accuses Epps of being an agent, shouting "Fed! Fed!" at him. Epps just slinks away, IIRC.
                          IIRC?? Again, more accusations based on vague 'here say,' and nothing of substance. How reliable is a protestor's word shouted in a riot?

Again . . . where is the substantial evidence that Epps was a FBI agent?

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Here is a montage of Epps from Twitter. He actually told people where the Capitol was and told people to go there. The last clip is Epps speaking to an individual at the barricade and then the barricade is breached. It seems during the CNN special Assault on Democracy: The Roots of Trump’s Insurrection, there is video of a person who looks like Epps on a tower with a Trump flag and talking on a phone. I have a clip of that, but I'm not going to post a Rumble link.
                            It is a sign of deficient intelligence when people have to be told where the Capital is.

A picture of someone who looks like Epps?' I thought it was Elvis or maybe Trump.

It remains a fact, yes Epps participated in the insurrection, but did not enter the Capital. Only those that entered the Capital were subject to arrest.

Comment

IIRC?? Again, more accusations based on vague 'here say,' and nothing of substance. How reliable is a protestor's word shouted in a riot?
                              Who said it was supposed to be "reliable"? Just observant.

Again . . . where is the substantial evidence that Epps was a FBI agent?
                              The evidence is that there is no evidence he was ever anything else.

Comment

It remains a fact, yes Epps participated in the insurrection, but did not enter the Capital. Only those that entered the Capital were subject to arrest.
                                Again, people who violated curfew were arrested. People who were instigating breaking and entering, who were trying to lead the charge on the Capitol (Epps), were not arrested.

Comment