Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Complaints about millenials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Then stop doing it.
    I believe he was talking about your posts, not his.
    I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
      I believe he was talking about your posts, not his.
      sure describes his own posts and views more than mine.

Comment

Catholocity's posts really reflect a lot of my thoughts on this matter. I don't post much on Reddit, but I am also saddened to hear about the anti-Babyboomer talk there as I am by the anti-Millenial talk here. Almost every time I go on Theologweb, there is another thread insulting and name calling a whole generation or saying what they are doing wrong. [This is what leadership is???]

What is the point of this? Comedy? Self-inflation? If you care about what is going on, why don't you talk about why there was such a change in how generations act and how to change it for the positive? If you think they are wrong and you care about them, why is this all that there is?

Sure it may be bothersome to be a babyboomer parent who taught things like responsibility to their kids and then hear about babyboomer parents failing to teach responsibility and such to millenials, but it is just as bothersome to millenials who along with their friends do take responsibility and aren't just snowflakes and then hear stuff like this about our generation. If generallizing babyboomers in that way is bad, maybe we shouldn't be doing that to millenials either.

I just read an article about how millenials have higher rates of anxiety, depression, and personality disorders and also grew up with less time to develop a strong bond with a care-taker, more daycare, less parental involvement, and were raised with different approaches to parenting than the generation(s) before.

https://pjmedia.com/blog/social-just...ng-millenials/

If you care so much about how millenials act, then maybe it should be your ministry, not your rant.

If you just want to rant because it makes you feel good to point out what is bad in others, then I feel sorry for you and maybe you are the one that needs the most prayer. You are all teachers to others, whether you are a parent, a formal teacher, or just an example to someone who sees you.
        I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          sure describes his own posts and views more than mine.
          Y'all need to grow up a little.
          I am become death...

Comment

*Millenial grunts and oinks*
            What is it saying? Gerbil, you work with animals, translate.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              What is it saying? Gerbil, you work with animals, translate.
              You're immature style of communication and unwillingness to forthrightly address a post belittles the intellect one could have presumed of you.
              I am become death...

Comment

What is the point of this? Comedy? Self-inflation?
                Anyone who throws a sentence out there like 'ALL X DO Y' must be doing it for comedic effect.
                How can someone hate an entire generation to a man?

At some point people have to develop an identity outside of a group such that when someone writes "Group X does Y and sucks because of it" the individual in group X can ask, "Do I do that?" and if the answer is "NO" he can assume the comment doesn't apply. Group identity is stupid. Stop it.
                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

You're immature style of communication and unwillingness to forthrightly address a post belittles the intellect one could have presumed of you.
                  Your.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

He's terminally petty. Don't give him much mind. No one else does.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                      He's terminally petty. Don't give him much mind. No one else does.
                      More like you're terminally strung up and humorless.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                        Anyone who throws a sentence out there like 'ALL X DO Y' must be doing it for comedic effect.
                        How can someone hate an entire generation to a man?

At some point people have to develop an identity outside of a group such that when someone writes "Group X does Y and sucks because of it" the individual in group X can ask, "Do I do that?" and if the answer is "NO" he can assume the comment doesn't apply. Group identity is stupid. Stop it.
                        Mine was for dual reasons, though I was genuine in that question. I really do think that a lot of this discussion has been very immature. Name-calling is so... elementary school? Spending time pointing out others flaws to one's own group is... I don't even know.

A lot of this discussion I have seen about millenials and snowflakes seems fruitless. Those is speak up in contradiction to the sentiment of a thread against millenials are laughed off, ignored, insulted, etc. Do not those of us who take responsibility for our lives and actions also deserve respect? [I expect someone will make a joke or something in that line doing just that.] I've seen a number of threads like this, and I am really disappointed in the community that this has become.
                        I am become death...

Comment

Y'all need to grow up a little.
                          Tried it. didn't work out.

Comment

Mine was for dual reasons, though I was genuine in that question. I really do think that a lot of this discussion has been very immature. Name-calling is so... elementary school? Spending time pointing out others flaws to one's own group is... I don't even know.

A lot of this discussion I have seen about millenials and snowflakes seems fruitless. Those is speak up in contradiction to the sentiment of a thread against millenials are laughed off, ignored, insulted, etc. Do not those of us who take responsibility for our lives and actions also deserve respect? [I expect someone will make a joke or something in that line doing just that.] I've seen a number of threads like this, and I am really disappointed in the community that this has become.
                            It's possible I've missed them, but I haven't actually seen a lot of threads directed at Millennials directly here. You'll see a lot of threads about "snowflakes", but I think that's just a term referring to the state of Politically Correct culture in general.

Comment

Millenial/boomer bashing is funny. I'm a millenial and I do it all the time. Stop being a square and join in.

Comment

Everyone has to get to the point where they just ignore the blather.
                                I'm constantly called 'angry', 'racist', 'sexist', 'homophobic' and such in the media because, and only because, I'm a white middle aged guy.

My response?
                                I turned off the T.V.
                                I allow NPR to lie 2-3 times before I turn them off (my record so far is listening to NPR for 47 seconds).
                                I wouldn't use the New York Times to line a bird cage out of respect for birds.

Learn to filter.
                                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment