Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Milo Yiannopoulos tapped to speak at CPAC? Super!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just lost his book deal:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/2...0f077b3ed221c?
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      Didn't cpac have Trump cancel his speech during the election because they were planning to stage a walkout? I'm not sure how relevant cpac is anymore in the Trump era. The old conservative establishment were dealt a mortal blow.
      Good questions. Don't really know. The cpac 2017 speaker page has trump, bannon, priebus, pence, and a whole host of others.

http://cpac.conservative.org/cpac-speakers/

It looks like a gencon of no fun and all serious.

Cheers,
      Guacamole.
      Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        I've only ever seen him speak on the Bill Maher show recently. He came off as a total dingbat, and too young, and too confused to really know what he's saying. He seems to get off on being outlandish. I got a feeling that any support anyone might have for him on the right will eventually backfire if/when he decides to alter his worldview or change sides. Maher compared him to a young, gay, and alive Christopher Hitchens. I understand the point...but I didn't get the sense that he was nearly half as clever as Hitchens.
        Until the Berkeley riots I wasn't familiar with him. The left gave him a million dollars free publicity with that stunt.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Politico is reporting that he's been disinvited after a tape surfaced where he seems to be promoting pedophilia: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...os-tape-235204

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Until the Berkeley riots I wasn't familiar with him. The left gave him a million dollars free publicity with that stunt.
            I need these guys to protest my board game YouTube channel.
            Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
              I've only ever seen him speak on the Bill Maher show recently. He came off as a total dingbat, and too young, and too confused to really know what he's saying. He seems to get off on being outlandish. I got a feeling that any support anyone might have for him on the right will eventually backfire if/when he decides to alter his worldview or change sides. Maher compared him to a young, gay, and alive Christopher Hitchens. I understand the point...but I didn't get the sense that he was nearly half as clever as Hitchens.

I think he's quite a bit more substantial than he appeared on the Maher show. Have a look at his interview with Dave Rubin (YouTube Rubin report channel) and some of his pre-election stuff where he debates feminists and so on.

Part of his schtick is to be provocative and offensive, especially to the politically correct. Looks like the progressive left has begun to try and discredit him because he opposes their attempts to control public discourse.
              ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                Looks like the progressive left has begun to try and discredit him because he opposes their attempts to control public discourse.
                I think he discredited himself pretty well in that pedophilia video.

I've known who he is for a long time but paid little attention to him. I know he's associated with that whole Gamergate controversy but since video games couldn't interest me less, I haven't paid any attention to it.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                  I think he's quite a bit more substantial than he appeared on the Maher show. Have a look at his interview with Dave Rubin (YouTube Rubin report channel) and some of his pre-election stuff where he debates feminists and so on.

Part of his schtick is to be provocative and offensive, especially to the politically correct. Looks like the progressive left has begun to try and discredit him because he opposes their attempts to control public discourse.
                  Oh ok. I'll have to check it out. So far, not so impressed.

Comment

Some people on twitter were making a good point about this: Milo basically came out and talked about being molested and he's now being portrayed as a pedophile for it because he claimed he wasn't affected (highly unlikely given his general behavior which makes it clear he has a few screws loose). That is kind of despicable.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                      Yeah, no. I have, unfortunately, watched the video in question. His attempted excuses are ridiculous. At any rate, the outrage from the right is what got him disinvited from cpac.
                      Are his excuses understandable as sarcasm, as he claims?
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                        Some people on twitter were making a good point about this: Milo basically came out and talked about being molested and he's now being portrayed as a pedophile for it because he claimed he wasn't affected (highly unlikely given his general behavior which makes it clear he has a few screws loose). That is kind of despicable.

Milo is almost as evil as Richard Dawkins! I can't even

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          What I find ironic is that if he was liberal, and conservatives treated him the way liberals treat him now, they'd be screaming "Homophobia!" at the top of their lungs.
                          Thats because conservatives are, for the most part, homophobic. You love his politics, but the fact that he is gay horrifies you.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            Thats because conservatives are, for the most part, homophobic. You love his politics, but the fact that he is gay horrifies you.
                            It doesn't "horrify" me, dumbass. I have a rational, moral objection to homosexuality.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              It doesn't "horrify" me, dumbass. I have a rational, moral objection to homosexuality.
                              The point remains, regardless of the semantics.

Comment

Some further thoughts: the videos appear to be at least 10 months old in one case.

In at least one example Milo explicitly affirms the age of consent laws, and also explicitly rejects paedophilia

Milo's Facebook post on the matter is worth a read

There is some indication that this was a preplanned attack

Salon had a self declared paedophile writing for them, quickly dropped as this thing blew up

Lena Dunham - some paedophiles are acceptable if their politics are OK.

Milo has outed at least three paedophiles in his career as a journalist

Milo himself was a victim of abuse as a child - isn't victim blaming wrong??

Not at all a clear cut case

Comment