Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fake News outlet WSJ go after youtuber Pewdiepie for being a "nazi".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
    Well you can't make this up. One of the journalists who wrote this hit piece has been making jokes about nazis himself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20992[/ATTACH]
    How is this a joke about nazis? He's talking about discovering how good Jews were at frying food at a holiday party.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      That pretty much describes 50% of youtube right now. Except they record themselves playing video games. Board games might be just the twist needed to stand out. Good luck.
      Nope, people already have Warhammer channels on YouTube and they're not that popular.

Comment

Nope, people already have Warhammer channels on YouTube and they're not that popular.
        And that's from a Blood Angels fan

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          How is this a joke about nazis? He's talking about discovering how good Jews were at frying food at a holiday party.
          The "Jews are good at frying" could be interpreted to be a reference to them being killed in ovens by the Nazis.

Though I'm not sure it was meant as a joke. It could have just been a poor choice of words on his part.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
            And that's from a Blood Angels fan
            Yep, I love Sanguinius.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
              The "Jews are good at frying" could be interpreted to be a reference to them being killed in ovens by the Nazis.
              In the context of a Chanukah party? Context matters.
              Though I'm not sure it was meant as a joke. It could have just been a poor choice of words on his part.
              Or it could be someone determined to see what's just not there. It takes some deliberate snipping away of context to see those words as somehow offensive.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                In the context of a Chanukah party? Context matters.

Or it could be someone determined to see what's just not there. It takes some deliberate snipping away of context to see those words as somehow offensive.
                Well, yes it was in the context of a party. The joke, if there was intended to be a joke, was the double meaning of the use "frying." That Jews are good at frying food (at the party) and are good at being fried (by the Nazis).

Again, I expect any such pun or joke was unintentional, but I can see how someone could read it that way.

Comment

There's a very high chance it was meant as such a joke. But dark humor on some random reporter's Twitter feed is pretty low on the list of the things I'm worried about.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Yeah, watching table top gaming isn't necessarily compelling content, no matter how much I like it. The painters get some good views though.
                    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                    Save me, save me"

Comment

They basically acussed him of being an anti-semite who uses nazi images in his videos. The problem of taking him out of context still remains however.
                      Sounds sorta like how some rock groups back in the late 60s and early 70s used some Satanic imagery and references for the shock value and to create controversy (i.e., gain attention/publicity).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                        Well, yes it was in the context of a party. The joke, if there was intended to be a joke, was the double meaning of the use "frying." That Jews are good at frying food (at the party) and are good at being fried (by the Nazis).
                        It takes a sick mind to see such a "joke" IMO.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's why I said recording board games might be just the twist to get people to notice.

Comment