Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gen. Flynn lied concerning his pre-innauguration communications with Russia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Actually, that is the question.
    He will. And arguably he already has violated the emoluments clause. It's only a matter of whether he will actually be impeached.
    Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

• In the four years before Walker took office the great recession happened. Minor detail.

Why has growth in Wis been the slowest in the region? And far lower than the US as a whole during the 2011-2014 period when Walker was gov?

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Stinker View Post
        He will. And arguably he already has violated the emoluments clause. It's only a matter of whether he will actually be impeached.
        [citation needed]
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
          The Republicans would need to lose the house and the senate in order for that to even be considered.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            The Republicans would need to lose the house and the senate in order for that to even be considered.
            Not necessarily. It's possible that Establishment Republicans could provide the votes needed if things got as bad as Dems dream.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Not necessarily. It's possible that Establishment Republicans could provide the votes needed if things got as bad as Dems dream.
              Putting the cart before the horse, aren't we? Trump needs to actually be convicted of something illegal before impeachment is even on the table.

Unless you're Maxine Waters who apparently thinks you can start impeachment proceedings without evidence.

Comment

Putting the cart before the horse, aren't we? Trump needs to actually be convicted of something illegal before impeachment is even on the table.

Unless you're Maxine Waters who apparently thinks you can start impeachment proceedings without evidence.
                Was Clinton convicted of anything before impeachment started? Was Andrew Johnson? Your link talks about evidence, not conviction - and given the penchant for spin, it doesn't take much for "evidence" to be asserted (even if those not in agreement see it as being rather weak).

Also, you seem to have missed the qualifying clause at the end of my post.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Was Clinton convicted of anything before impeachment started?
                  Perjury, I believe. Don't know about Johnson.

As for Maxine Waters:

Comment

• Comment

[citation needed]
                      Oh we're already going to insults like a child. Act at least 18 and we can have a conversation.

Comment

That's my whole point. He won't be impeached even when he does something impeachable. Pence is worse than Trump so I don't care if Trump stays in office. I just hope he has so many scandals and so much corruption that he forever damages the republican brand for good.

So far we're off to a great start!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                          Oh we're already going to insults like a child. Act at least 18 and we can have a conversation.
                          Boy, that struck a chord.

Comment

Oh, you posted an analysis of Galatians?
                            Well, a mini-analysis sort of. I really wish people wouldn't argue with me when I'm right. (Oops - a touch of Trumpitis I expect.)
                            I don't know how Trump has the stamina for this much insanity. He'll burn himself out pretty soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Stinker View Post
                              That's my whole point. He won't be impeached even when he does something impeachable. Pence is worse than Trump so I don't care if Trump stays in office. I just hope he has so many scandals and so much corruption that he forever damages the republican brand for good.

So far we're off to a great start!
                              You know liberals are desperate when they mistake fake news and manufactured outage for "scandals".

Comment

Sorry, Jimmy, but Trump has been under the microscope for almost two-years. If there was anything to find, they would have found it already, especially now that we know intelligence agencies inside Washington have been colluding with the Democrats to take the President down.

You're worried about Russian interference? Your concerns should be focused closer to home.
                                Yes, it is a shame that U.S. intelligence is so uncomfortable with Trump that they are affraid to divulge to him the intel. and instead have to leak intel to the press concerning Trump, his campaign and associates and their relationship with our enemies. Btw, it was just revealed that not only did Gen. Flynn talk sanctions with the Russians, illegally underming U.S. policy, but he also lied to the FBI about it which is obstruction and a felony. Time to lawyer up I'd say.

Comment