Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Betsy DeVos Disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Three people isn't a riot, Tassman. It is a mugging.
    It only takes a few people in a crowd of protesters to set fires, or to smash windows, or CP's favorite, to poop on cop cars, to be seen by you as a riot, inclusive of all in the area.

Comment

• Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
      Violent protests are a step above whining, IMO.
      Wow! Stop the presses!!!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Obviously non-violence is preferable.......
        But liberals seem less cable of containing themselves to non-violence than conservatives. It's just that when a conservative resorts to violence, it's NEWS.... when a liberal does it - it's .... um.... not so unusual.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          But, that said, it's what's being protested that's most important.

So, if you owned a store and a bunch of liberal thugs smashed your front windows and looted your merchandise, you'd sit back and say, "meh, it's OK, cause what's being protested is what's important"?

What a freakin' hypocrite.

Comment

• If violence is extremely limited in its scope, it's probably a good thing to ensure that there are no outside agitators trying to co-opt the protest for their own purposes (i.e. anarchists).

If I had no ethics whatsoever and was a political strategist, I would totally hire people to infiltrate protests on "the other side" to make them look violent.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              It only takes a few people in a crowd of protesters to set fires, or to smash windows, or CP's favorite, to poop on cop cars, to be seen by you as a riot, inclusive of all in the area.
              Who said these were in a crowd of protesters?

and no, if you read and watch the news on these liberal "protests" it isn't usually an isolated incident here and there (and if it is, we call it like it is and discuss the person not the crowd who did it, like when the liberal punched the girl reporter) - no it usually is the tone of the entire protest that is violent. Like on inauguration day.

Mass arrests occurred on Inauguration Day when protests in Washington, DC turned violent, resulting in 290 people being led away in handcuffs. Of the nearly 300, 209 people are facing a maximum of 10 years in jail and a fine of up to $25,000 for felony rioting charges.
              https://www.rt.com/usa/376890-inaugu...-more-charged/

Comment

• http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._index_history

16-Feb-17

Total Approve
                55%

Total Disapprove
                45%
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Rasmussen's results are confirmed by Reuters which definitely leans left. Is there a reason that you ignored this? [ATTACH=CONFIG]20834[/ATTACH]

Considering the steady stream of demonstrably fake news stories being pumped out by the MSM about Trump[1] (resulting in more people trusting Trump than them) in their vitriolic jihad against him it is amazing that his approval rating isn't around 30%

Trumps approval rating has now gone up to 55%

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Trumps approval rating has now gone up to 55%
                    Pew research has Trump at 39% approval, 56% disapproval.

http://www.people-press.org/2017/02/...ply-polarized/

Rasmussen always skews their data conservative, which is why conservative poll watchers always reference it, along with Fox News.

Comment

Pew research has Trump at 39% approval, 56% disapproval.

http://www.people-press.org/2017/02/...ply-polarized/

Rasmussen always skews their data conservative, which is why conservative poll watchers always reference it, along with Fox News.
                      Well blow me down, Jim included a reference to back up his assertion......
                      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        So, if you owned a store and a bunch of liberal thugs smashed your front windows and looted your merchandise, you'd sit back and say, "meh, it's OK, cause what's being protested is what's important"?

What a freakin' hypocrite.

Comment

• CP sees only what he wants to see. He doesn't remember the Afro-American Church in Mississippi that was burn't down with the words 'Vote Trump" written on the walls, Or the mosques and temples being torched and vadalized, or recognise the rise in hate crimes against Jews and Muslims all around the country.
                          Last edited by JimL; 02-17-2017, 06:18 AM.

Comment

CP sees only what he wants to see. He doesn't remember the Afro-American Church in Mississippi that was burn't down with the words 'Vote Trump" written on the walls, Or the mosques and temples being torched and vadalized, or recognise the rise in hate crimes against Jews and Muslims all around the country.
                            You don't remember that the church was burned down by a black man who was NOT a Trump supporter? I would provide you a citation but you can google it for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              You don't remember that the church was burned down by a black man who was NOT a Trump supporter? I would provide you a citation but you can google it for yourself.
                              Jim just scored an own goal.
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                                Well blow me down, Jim included a reference to back up his assertion......
                                Pray, Church. Pray hard!

Comment