Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are some Americans taking their cue from China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

It appears that if she were on a jury, she would suffer from Perry Mason Syndrome. (i.e. unless the defendant confessed, in open court (probably on the witness stand) that they were obviously innocent.
    Back in the days when that was on defense attorneys hated the show because it caused jurors to expect them not only to prove their client was innocent (not their job) but reveal the actual guilty party.

Now, you here similar complaints from prosecutors about the various CSI and NCIS programs because jurors expect them to produce things like a satellite image catching a license plate being reflected off a store window.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Two forum gossips enjoy a brief speculative exchange with one another.​​​​​​​
      Hello, Eva Braun! It seems you have no rebuttal.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Hello, Eva Braun! It seems you have no rebuttal.
        I am waiting of either of you to provide precise quotes from me to back up your speculations.

So far you have wandered off down memory lane with references to the Perry Mason series and we all know that rogue06 has some serious issues with his short term memory.

So what we actually have are two old gossips reminiscing with one another.

"It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I am waiting of either of you to provide precise quotes from me to back up your speculations.

So far you have wandered off down memory lane with references to the Perry Mason series and we all know that rogue06 has some serious issues with his short term memory.

Mrs. Braun,

We already explained "pattern of behavior" to you. I have no idea why you expect us to jump through hoops for you. You still haven't provided a link that explicitly shows that the phrase "a leader of the opposition" is ONLY used to refer to "the leader of the opposition". A claim you made a while back. So, if you are unwilling to hold yourself to the standards you ask of others, why should anyone accommodate you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia
            Nor do I think there is any supporting evidence which would indicate that [had abortion not been legally available] every single unwanted baby in the USA could have been provided with adoptive parents - year on year on year.
            ....therefore we should just kill them all.

Great thinking Hypatia. If we can't adopt every single child we should allow them to be aborted instead.

Hey! with that sort of thinking we should just use something like gas chambers to get rid of all unwanted orphans, right?

Comment

According to Charles Spurgeon and to many Baptists around today humans have original sin from birth. So when do they acquire it?

If a child is born with original sin how can it be totally innocent in utero?

I also doubt very much that you are on the liberal or progressive wing of the Baptist community.
              There's a world of difference between a "sin nature" and actually committing sin, you dolt.
              Yeah, I know, that's way too complex for a simpleton like you.

The baby, in the womb, is TOTALLY INNOCENT of any sin or wrong doing.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Actually, we do NOT "all know" that Rogue has some serious issues with his short term memory - and just declaring that "we all know" doesn't make it so.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You would need to provide precise quotes from me then.
                  Nope - 'we all know' he's right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

There's a world of difference between a "sin nature" and actually committing sin, you dolt.

How do you know given the different opinions among various ECFs? Which one was right? Was Paul wrong?
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    The things that you're liable
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life
                    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

How do you know given the different opinions among various ECFs? Which one was right? Was Paul wrong?
                      Please provide an example of an actual sin that any of they say was committed by a baby in the womb.

Thanks

Comment

Yup. And, if the concept of original sin keeps tripping her up, at least FWIU, typically a newborn isn't regarded as sinless but as innocent.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Yup. And, if the concept of original sin keeps tripping her up, at least FWIU, typically a newborn isn't regarded as sinless but as innocent.
                          Same way that being "tempted" to sin is not sin until you succumb to it.
                          The baby can have "a sin nature", but until that baby actually succumbs to that sin nature by doing an act of sin, he/she is innocent.

Perhaps H_A will prove us wrong by showing us where a baby in the womb has ever committed an actual sin.

(Innocently causing pain or discomfort to the mother doesn't count - even kicking! )

Comment

Same way that being "tempted" to sin is not sin until you succumb to it.
                            The baby can have "a sin nature", but until that baby actually succumbs to that sin nature by doing an act of sin, he/she is innocent.

Perhaps H_A will prove us wrong by showing us where a baby in the womb has ever committed an actual sin.

(Innocently causing pain or discomfort to the mother doesn't count - even kicking! )
                            I never understood why so many people freak out over an admission of being tempted.

It isn't being tempted but how you respond to it. If you resist, then you done good.

I mean the Bible states quite clearly that Jesus was even tempted.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I never understood why so many people freak out over an admission of being tempted.

It isn't being tempted but how you respond to it. If you resist, then you done good.

I mean the Bible states quite clearly that Jesus was even tempted.
                              EGGzackly.....
                              Scripture Verse: Hebrews 4:15 KJV

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

© Copyright Original Source

Scripture Verse: Hebrews 4:15 ESV

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Comment

EGGzackly.....
                                Scripture Verse: Hebrews 4:15 KJV

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Scripture Verse: Hebrews 4:15 ESV

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.

I got into a discussion with a YEC friend of mine who insisted Jesus's temptation by the devil was the equivalent of me tempting my kids with a chore and a broom for cleaning.

Comment