Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jan. 6 hearings streamed on C-Span

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The left loves to sneer at all the mysterious deaths of those who crossed the Clintons as a rightwing fantasy but it was hilarious when that liberal reporter who wrote about her failing health before her notorious collapse at the 9/11 commemoration ceremony. Before it could no longer be denied, those who dared mention it were fired, in this case the guy was canned by the Huffington Post and to emphasize the point the HuffPo went back and deleted everything he ever wrote for them. His reaction? To post YouTube videos announcing he's not suicidal or accident prone and if he dies suddenly to look at the Clintons.

They may act like its a joke in public, but deep down it terrifies them.
    The fact that some idiots believe a conspiracy theory doesn't make it true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
      You keep telling yourself that.

Yeah, if he does it in broad daylight, on social media, then it can't be illegal, right?
      I will keep telling myself what the evidence shows: that President Trump committed no crimes.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

There are two things to keep in mind.

First, Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony isn't necessary to show that Trump committed a crime (or three).

Second, the jury is still out on Cassidy Hutchinson's credibility.
        Anybody on the witness stand who says "I heard" is not a credible witness by definition. In fact, they're not even a witness at all, they're rumormongers.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

There are two things to keep in mind.

First, Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony isn't necessary to show that Trump committed a crime (or three).

Second, the jury is still out on Cassidy Hutchinson's credibility.
          They just made her a star witness, building up her appearance for a week, because...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The fact that some idiots believe a conspiracy theory doesn't make it true.

The irony that sailed over your head is that those who sneer at it the very ones who are terrified if they ever cross the Clintons.

David Seaman had mocked the idea that enemies of the Clintons often end up dead rather quickly, but when this guy suddenly discovered he was now one of their enemies, he posted a video on YouTube where he was effectively begging for his life.

You know, I am doing this video also to say I am not suicidal right now. I am not a particularly clumsy person. I don’t own a car at the moment, I Uber around everywhere. So if I am to slip in the shower over the next couple days, or something silly like that, we have to really kind of employ probability and statistics here because I am not a clumsy person, right? And I am also not a depressed person right now. I am a person who is spooked out though. This is spooky to me

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Anybody on the witness stand who says "I heard" is not a credible witness by definition. In fact, they're not even a witness at all, they're rumormongers.
              How many times did she, when testifying to what she claims that Trump said or did, did she preface it with "too the effect of"?

Someone's been coached by lawyers.

Comment

They just made her a star witness, building up her appearance for a week, because...
                No, she was a surprise witness, and the hearing was only announced the day before.

Are you okay?

Comment

The irony that sailed over your head is that those who sneer at it the very ones who are terrified if they ever cross the Clintons.

David Seaman had mocked the idea that enemies of the Clintons often end up dead rather quickly, but when this guy suddenly discovered he was now one of their enemies, he posted a video on YouTube where he was effectively begging for his life.

You know, I am doing this video also to say I am not suicidal right now. I am not a particularly clumsy person. I don’t own a car at the moment, I Uber around everywhere. So if I am to slip in the shower over the next couple days, or something silly like that, we have to really kind of employ probability and statistics here because I am not a clumsy person, right? And I am also not a depressed person right now. I am a person who is spooked out though. This is spooky to me

And you think that makes it true?

Or are you being ironic again?

Comment

How many times did she, when testifying to what she claims that Trump said or did, did she preface it with "too the effect of"?

Someone's been coached by lawyers.
                    Too bad. Otherwise, Republicans would probably produce a recording of exactly what Trump DID say, in order to try to discredit her.

Comment

• If this were a hearing with actually court-like procedures, we wouldn't need to be in the weeds like this - all this speculation would be dealt with through cross-examination, exculpatory evidence, and not a totally one-sided persecution.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• While a chorus of voices accuses Ornato of falsely denying conversations inconvenient to Trump, he has a defender in Keith Kellogg, Pence’s national security advisor. Kellogg has promoted his faith that Ornato’s sworn testimony can be taken to the bank. Kellogg has done so personally, rather than through the inescapable cut-outs marking too many of Hutchinson’s detractors.

‘I Alone Can Fix It’ book excerpt: The inside story of Trump’s defiance and inaction on Jan. 6
                        Around this time, Kellogg ran into Tony Ornato in the West Wing. Ornato, who oversaw Secret Service movements, told him that Pence’s detail was planning to move the vice president to Joint Base Andrews.

“You can’t do that, Tony,” Kellogg said. “Leave him where he’s at. He’s got a job to do. I know you guys too well. You’ll fly him to Alaska if you have a chance. Don’t do it.”

Pence had made clear to Giebels the level of his determination and Kellogg said there was no changing it.

“He’s going to stay there,” Kellogg told Ornato. “If he has to wait there all night, he’s going to do it.”

“They elect ‘em, we protect ‘em” is the unofficial motto of the Secret Service, sotto voce accompaniment to the official motto, “worthy of trust and confidence.” There’s no measured argument that sending the vice president to Alaska could be excused as an excess of caution in Pence’s protection. Kellogg’s unspoken but inescapable accusation was that Ornato’s guys intended to move Pence in order to keep him from carrying out his job on January 6.
                        Ornato, through a spokesman, denied having this conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          If this were a hearing with actually court-like procedures, we wouldn't need to be in the weeds like this - all this speculation would be dealt with through cross-examination, exculpatory evidence, and not a totally one-sided persecution.
                          We can only hope that it will lead to prosecutions with court procedures.

Comment

We can only hope that it will lead to prosecutions with court procedures.
                            Why?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A handwriting expert eliminates any he said she said claims. But I understand that such certainty doesn't help push the narrative. We need more grapevine gossip!
                              20d53-16566319459127-1920.jpg

Go to 1:49:24.
                              CASSIDY HUTCHINSON: That's Ok. There are two phrases on there, one illegal and then one without proper authority. The illegal phrase was the one that Mr. Meadows had dictated to me. Mr. Herschmann had chimed in and said also put without legal authority. There should have been a slash between the two phrases. It was an — an or if the president had opted to put one of those statements out. Evidently he didn't. Later that afternoon, Mark came back from the Oval Dining Room and put the palm card on my desk with illegally crossed out, but said we didn't need to take further action on that statement.

She says it’s her handwriting. While Herschmann has claimed it’s his note, no one else has claimed that’s their handwriting, on the record, off the record, or through cut-outs. It’s consistent with two competing authors, as she testified.

I’m satisfied. Obama was born in Hawaii. Biden won a free and fair election. Hillary never had a hit squad. And that note was written by Cassidy Hutchinson.

The context here was a half-overheard discussion between the president and his security team and his Chief of Staff about rioters calling to hang Mike Pence. I’m willing to grant that Herschmann was honestly mistaken, and just possibly that he was the one who crossed out Meadows “illegally,” but at some point y’all are going to have stop the deflections about who wrote it long enough to ask yourself why the president refused to make the statement pushed by his White House counsel and his Chief of Staff addressing the views of Republican leaders from the House and Senate and his own vice president.

And why he instead responded with a tweet attacking Pence while fully informed that the armed supporters he was furiously attempting to lead had already broken into the Capitol.

And how that’s not a smoking gun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Why?
                                Even Trump deserves a fair trial.

Comment