Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Inaguration crowd size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    No Sparko. If the man holding the keys to the nuclear codes is mentally unstable (and that is what his constant lying over trivial issues would indicate) it is a big problem, and one I would think all Americans regardless of party affiliation should be concerned about.

Jim
    He's not mentally unstable. He simply hates to be wrong.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No Sparko. If the man holding the keys to the nuclear codes is mentally unstable (and that is what his constant lying over trivial issues would indicate) it is a big problem, and one I would think all Americans regardless of party affiliation should be concerned about.

Jim
      He isn't mentally unstable, that is one of the drama queenery accusations that you keep making. You make these outlandish accusations then say something like "I would think that any good American/Christian/Sane person would have a problem with this, you guys don't so you must be evil/not good christians/immoral/etc."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        He isn't mentally unstable, that is one of the drama queenery accusations that you keep making. You make these outlandish accusations then say something like "I would think that any good American/Christian/Sane person would have a problem with this, you guys don't so you must be evil/not good christians/immoral/etc."
        There is nothing outlandish about it. Mentally stable people don't act this way. A mentally stable person would look at those photos and and work it out. A mentally stable person doesn't need his particular inauguration to be the biggest there ever was. And a mentally stable person certainly doesn't demand they see pictures that prove their delusion correct.

What I don't understand is why you don't admit that. Don't you understand that a leader of a country holding as much power as we have needs to be sober in his approach to problems and willing to hear the truth about what a given situation actually is? This is leadership basics 101. How can you not comprehend the significance of a leader that will not allow his people to bring him the truth about a situation?

Do you suppose that many of the deaths in Puerto Rico might be related to this: "We are doing great in Puerto Rico - right? ... Yes sir - it's going just fabulously there ... just ignore all those fake news people that are saying lots of people are dying there"

Or maybe all those kids that have lost their parents: "We've on the road to a great immigration policy - right? ... Yes Sir!. It's going great! ... just ignore all those fake news reports saying we haven't got our act together and we are not keeping up with which kids came in with which adults ..."

Jim
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-11-2018, 10:18 AM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
          Mentally stable people don't act this way.
          Ooh! Ooh! I know this one!

What is 'begging the question'?

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            And that causes him to lie so often?

Comment

There is nothing outlandish about it. Mentally stable people don't act this way. A mentally stable person would look at those photos and and work it out. A mentally stable person doesn't need his particular inauguration to be the biggest there ever was. And a mentally stable person certainly doesn't demand they see pictures that prove their delusion correct.

What I don't understand is why you don't admit that. Don't you understand that a leader of a country holding as much power as we have needs to be sober in his approach to problems and willing to hear the truth about what a given situation actually is? This is leadership basics 101. How can you not comprehend the significance of a leader that will not allow his people to bring him the truth about a situation?

Do you suppose that many of the deaths in Puerto Rico might be related to this: "We are doing great in Puerto Rico - right? ... Yes sir - it's going just fabulously there ... just ignore all those fake news people that are saying lots of people are dying there"

Or maybe all those kids that have lost their parents: "We've on the road to a great immigration policy - right? ... Yes Sir!. It's going great! ... just ignore all those fake news reports saying we haven't got our act together and we are not keeping up with which kids came in with which adults ..."

Jim
              Jim I don't agree with your assessment of Trump. I think you are exaggerating to an extreme degree. He is not evil. He is not insane. He is arrogant and narcissistic but not to a degree that makes him unfit for office. Your extreme exaggerations are Drama Queen level. You see Trump as some maniacal insane nutjob that somehow manages to remain President and anyone who doesn't agree with you is either blind or complicit. No. We just don't agree with you. We have different opinions. Your opinion is not gospel. It is YOUR opinion. I feel it is wrong. Why can't you just deal with that and accept it? That not everyone agrees with you about Trump. That doesn't make us evil, or blind, or stupid. It just means we have an different opinion than you do.

Comment

• They was bunches of peoples at both events.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jim I don't agree with your assessment of Trump. I think you are exaggerating to an extreme degree. He is not evil. He is not insane. He is arrogant and narcissistic but not to a degree that makes him unfit for office.
                  As I said during the primaries, Trump is in effect a Republican version of Obama when it comes to hubris and narcissism. We survived 8 years of that and I'm pretty sure we can survive Trump.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jim I don't agree with your assessment of Trump. I think you are exaggerating to an extreme degree. He is not evil. He is not insane. He is arrogant and narcissistic but not to a degree that makes him unfit for office. Your extreme exaggerations are Drama Queen level. You see Trump as some maniacal insane nutjob that somehow manages to remain President and anyone who doesn't agree with you is either blind or complicit. No. We just don't agree with you. We have different opinions. Your opinion is not gospel. It is YOUR opinion. I feel it is wrong. Why can't you just deal with that and accept it? That not everyone agrees with you about Trump. That doesn't make us evil, or blind, or stupid. It just means we have an different opinion than you do.
                    Like I said, liberals have been attacking a grotesque caricature of Trump that lives in their heads, and they've mistaken this for legitimate criticism. This leads to absurd episodes like Maxine Waters strutting across a stage and yelling, "Impeachment! Impeachment!" over and over again.

Comment

You are putting a lot of words in my mouth Sparko (relative to the current conversation anyway). I didn't call you evil. Or stupid. I asked you a simple question based on simple facts.

But grabbing the keyword 'exaggeration', I see a couple of questions here:

1) Why do you believe that Trump's unwillingness to be shown the truth about the inauguration attendence size would not translate into an unwillingness to allow correct reporting concerning the scale of the problems in Puerto Rico? We did in fact see a horribly failed response there. Maria has the largest loss of life due to a hurricane in the US since 1900 (~3000). 1/3 again as many as Katrina (1800). Yet DT kept claiming he was 'doing great' and that the response was 'great'?

2) Why do you suppose Trump's unwillingness to be shown the truth about the inauguration attendence size would not translate into an unwillingness to listen to the truth about preparedness to implement massive changes in immigration policy which have resulted in a large number of parent/child separations some of which have not yet been resolved?

Jim
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-11-2018, 11:31 AM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        As I said during the primaries, Trump is in effect a Republican version of Obama when it comes to hubris and narcissism. We survived 8 years of that and I'm pretty sure we can survive Trump.
                        So no need to worry. Rogue has calmed us all down with his whataboutism. We've seen it all before. No need to confront any issues, only point to something bad if it has not been done by anyone else before.

Who needs a discussion on right and wrong when we have got Rogue's whataboutism?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          As a justification for the first sentence, the second fails because it is not even close to a correct statement. He doesn't 'simply hate to be wrong'. He is willing to lie to cover the fact he was wrong. And he is willing to demand others lie for him and to him about what actually happened in order to create a public fiction that he wasn't actually wrong. There is a very, very large difference between a person that 'hates to be wrong' and a person willing to go to those lengths to insure he doesn't have to face the reality he was wrong.

When one correctly defines how Trump approaches being wrong, a lack of mental stability does in fact present itself.

Which of us, if we had a child, spouse or other family member that dealt with being wrong to that extreme, would not at least consider seeking professional help for them?

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            The difference between Obama and Trump is a matter of competence. Obama worked hard to convince us that our economy under his administration was as good as it was ever going to get, going so far as to claim that manufacturing jobs lost during his tenure were never coming back; of course now that the economy under Trump is the best it has been in decades, Obama is out there trying to take the credit. What a loser.

Comment

You are putting a lot of words in my mouth Sparko (relative to the current conversation anyway). I didn't call you evil. Or stupid. I asked you a simple question based on simple facts.

But grabbing the keyword 'exaggeration', I see a couple of questions here:

1) Why do you believe that Trump's unwillingness to be shown the truth about the inauguration attendence size would not translate into an unwillingness to allow correct reporting concerning the scale of the problems in Puerto Rico? We did in fact see a horribly failed response there. Maria has the largest loss of life due to a hurricane in the US since 1900 (~3000). 1/3 again as many as Katrina (1800). Yet DT kept claiming he was 'doing great' and that the response was 'great'?

2) Why do you suppose Trump's unwillingness to be shown the truth about the inauguration attendence size would not translate into an unwillingness to listen to the truth about preparedness to implement massive changes in immigration policy which have resulted in a large number of parent/child separations some of which have not yet been resolved?

Jim
                              1. I haven't seen Trump complaining about the inauguration crowd other than once or twice when it happened, just like everyone else has. A liberal (Charles) dug this old thread up and all of the liberals here are going nuts again. The size of the crowd has nothing to do with Puerto Rico - where are you even getting this nonsense? Also as far as I can tell the crowd sizes at his and Obama's was indeed comparable despite what the MSM tried to claim.

2. again you seem off the rails trying to compare what Trump claimed about the crowd size with immigration. That's just nutty talk, Jim.

You have decided that the crowd was smaller and Trump has shown an unwillingness to be "shown the truth" when in fact that is not even the case. As the photos show, the crowd was very significant. So again you make a accusation, claim it is fact, then wonder why other people don't accept it as fact like you do. People have different opinions than you do, Jim. Accept it and move on.

Comment

1. I haven't seen Trump complaining about the inauguration crowd other than once or twice when it happened, just like everyone else has. A liberal (Charles) dug this old thread up and all of the liberals here are going nuts again. The size of the crowd has nothing to do with Puerto Rico - where are you even getting this nonsense? Also as far as I can tell the crowd sizes at his and Obama's was indeed comparable despite what the MSM tried to claim.

2. again you seem off the rails trying to compare what Trump claimed about the crowd size with immigration. That's just nutty talk, Jim.
                                You didn't answer the questions Sparko. And you are not even dealing with the truth of these failures. Trump failed miserably in Puerto Rico, yet he won't admit it. The policy with the adults and children relative to immigration was also a massive failure. Yet Trump will not admit that either - and likely could have avoided the situation had cooler heads prevailed in implementing the policy changes.

How is his unwillingness to face the truth of these situations not simply just another manifestation of the same unwillingness to deal with reality truthfully that we saw over the inauguration crowd size?

You have decided that the crowd was smaller and Trump has shown an unwillingness to be "shown the truth" when in fact that is not even the case. As the photos show, the crowd was very significant. So again you make a accusation, claim it is fact, then wonder why other people don't accept it as fact like you do. People have different opinions than you do, Jim. Accept it and move on.
                                Really. Rather than face the fact this is a problem, you will actually move to trying to say Trump was in fact right to claim what he claimed about the inauguration crowd size?

Does that apply to Puerto Rico as well? And the immigration fiasco too I guess?

Jim

Comment